#1 Poster Suprise You’d Love To See…

Hugh Jass

2 hours ago, circus92 said:

+1 for this - would love them to turn up

Good to see some support - i think they chase the paychecks to be honest. They are headliners in the US but didn't even touch Europe on their last tour. They did get announced for a few 2020 festivals inc Sziget but nothing since

11 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

n00b alert

Realistically are we still awaiting a lot of acts to be added? If so how and when are they added? With new poster drops?

Areas (Park, Silver Hayes, West Holts, etc) will start announcing their own lineups in the next month or so which will all contain names we haven't seen yet. Then the full lineup will drop at the end of May.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

n00b alert

Realistically are we still awaiting a lot of acts to be added? If so how and when are they added? With new poster drops?

Did a quick count up, we've got 89 acts on the poster and just across the "main" (open to interpretation) stages last year (Pyramid, Other, West Holts, John Peel, Park, Acoustic and Avalon) there were 178 acts. And that's not digging into Silver Hayes, Glade, Leftfield or anything in the SE Corner. So might not be many big names still to come, but loads of scope for more cool stuff to appear.

6 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

That's what I was getting at @Quark  

Fully expected a load of more unknown bands to be announced but bands like TDCC, CVRCHS, Bloc Party and Erasure seem to me like they would've been announced by now? Obviously i know nothing...pure speculation on my part. 

I had a brief look the other day at the 2019 first poster and the 2019 actual line-up.

There were definitely some mid-large size acts who weren't included on the first poster. Dave, Tom Odell, Courteeners, Bring Me The Horizon, etc

Edited by northernringo
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, northernringo said:

I had a brief look the other day at the 2019 first poster and the 2019 actual line-up.

There were definitely some mid-large size acts who weren't included on the first poster. Dave, Tom Odell, Courteeners, Bring Me The Horizon, etc

Ah didn't think to check that. Good shout.

Def reckon there's a few more middling and above names to come. Maybe one biggie.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

That's what I was getting at @Quark  

Fully expected a load of more unknown bands to be announced but bands like TDCC, CVRCHS, Bloc Party and Erasure seem to me like they would've been announced by now? Obviously i know nothing...pure speculation on my part. 

Also there have been very few announcements for stages like Acoustic and they usually have a fair few pretty well known names. 

Stages like Avalon won't have any names on the poster and if you look at the line up for those in recent years there'll be a fair few names you recognise. 

On the bigger dance stages etc you will also have some mid sized names at least. Depends on the ego of artists as well. Some quite like the idea of doing a smaller show. 

Yola has two dates booked for Koko in London in July. I would be suprised not to see her in June. She was on the Avalon in 2019. Brilliant recent album and shes great live, amazing voice and a local lady.

Rag n bone man is touring here and has a gap from 17th to 26th June. I would imagine he would turn up somewhere? A big name that i would have thought would have been on the first poster?

Edited by ghandi

39 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ah didn't think to check that. Good shout.

Def reckon there's a few more middling and above names to come. Maybe one biggie.

I still expect to see the likes of the Manics, Editors, maybe even the Libertines to pop up somewhere. Acts that don't really have the "wow factor" these days to be included in the first drop.

• Like 1

I haven't read through the whole thread so apologies but indulge me for a minute...

My semi-realistic poster surprise wants: Aerosmith, Purple Disco Machine, Jungle

My unrealistic (never gonna happen) poster surprise wants: AC/DC, Spice Girls, Tina Turner, Fleetwood Mac (hah)

Welcome to my ridiculous music taste! 😄

- Jessi