#1 Poster Suprise You’d Love To See…

Hugh Jass

With regard to more names coming, I also think that the Poster drop this year was worked on hard to get a 50/50 gender balance. Which is great, but also means some “bigger\middling” male acts would have been shifted off it in order to accommodate some “middling/smaller” female acts. 

Plus aren’t there people who like to sell out there own tour before announcing for Glastonbury? 

1 hour ago, northernringo said:

I had a brief look the other day at the 2019 first poster and the 2019 actual line-up.

There were definitely some mid-large size acts who weren't included on the first poster. Dave, Tom Odell, Courteeners, Bring Me The Horizon, etc

Didn't realise we had a couple of Other sub sized acts missing from the poster last time. 

Potential for a few (semi) big hitters to come.

Any one of the following would make me very happy:

CHVRCHES, Pale Waves, White Lies, Slow Readers Club, Editors, Future Islands, Lana Del Rey, Snow Patrol, Maximo Park, Eric Prydz, Calvin Harris.. 

Not everyone's taste (esp round these parts 🤣) but still. Anyone wanna gimme a run down on why none of the above are going to happen? I'm guessing most would have been on the initial poster right. 

2 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

CHVRCHES, Pale Waves, White Lies, Slow Readers Club, Editors, Future Islands, Lana Del Rey, Snow Patrol, Maximo Park, Eric Prydz, Calvin Harris.. 

Not everyone's taste (esp round these parts 🤣) but still. Anyone wanna gimme a run down on why none of the above are going to happen? I'm guessing most would have been on the initial poster right. 

Sadly Lana has no tour dates at all - would've loved to have seen her.

On the obscure end of obscure, I'd love to see Curtis Eller play some tiny Glastonbury stage (I don't think he's ever been).

He's by far the funniest musician I've ever seen (used to be in the circus), and his banjo playing songs are a wonder, for those who know the Green Note in Camden he's always playing there when he tours the UK:

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, GlastoCast said:

I haven't read through the whole thread so apologies but indulge me for a minute...

My semi-realistic poster surprise wants: Aerosmith, Purple Disco Machine, Jungle

My unrealistic (never gonna happen) poster surprise wants: AC/DC, Spice Girls, Tina Turner, Fleetwood Mac (hah)

Welcome to my ridiculous music taste! 😄

- Jessi

Unfortunately I think you need to add Aerosmith to the ‘never going to happen list’ given their Vegas residency.

1C82736C-48A6-4789-AA14-C80A79250429.jpeg

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

1 hour ago, ghandi said:

Michael Kiwanuka has a Glasto hole in his tour dates as well. A festival fave surely has to show up given his performance on the 2021 online show.

Yep much more to come folks

My cousin is best mates with him, she said ‘yeah I think so’ when I asked if he was playing so read into that what you will.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

SRC might happen, they're active over the summer from July onwards so don't see why not. Be good to see them as well, always a decent live act.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I still expect to see the likes of the Manics, Editors, maybe even the Libertines to pop up somewhere. Acts that don't really have the "wow factor" these days to be included in the first drop.

Both Manics and Editors were in the original 2020 line up right?

3 hours ago, cheesey_toastie said:

10cc - would be a good fit. They are touring, sounding excellent (the harmonies are ace). 

Seems to be a lack of 60s 70s heritage acts. Would be ace on the Pyramid one afternoon.

I watched 10CC last night in Cardiff and they blew me away! They got a 10/10 from me.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, king_oxymoron said:

I echo those saying they were really hoping to see Carly Rae Jepsen on the poster given some of the European tour dates. Would love to see her at this fest particularly. 

Besides that, Chrvches, Foxes, Pale Waves, Robyn, Fickle Friends, Lil Nas X, Two Door Cinema Club, Harry Styles 

+1 for this would be great fun mid pyramid

• Upvote 1

On 3/30/2022 at 5:00 PM, Superscally said:

...but think of meeeeeeeeee

I didn't realise this was a poster surprise @Superscally'd love to see! 

Tell you what, if we get both of my requests, I'd settle for YYY's with a few solo tracks sprinkled in. To the best of my knowledge they don't do that but I'm one for compromise. 

30 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I didn't realise this was a poster surprise @Superscally'd love to see! 

Tell you what, if we get both of my requests, I'd settle for YYY's with a few solo tracks sprinkled in. To the best of my knowledge they don't do that but I'm one for compromise. 

Yeah, Maps was the song my missus and I walked down the aisle to! I'm down with that compromise, was just gutted the tour dates aren't close to Glasto