#1 Poster Suprise You’d Love To See…

Hugh Jass

10 hours ago, SheffJeff said:

On a Sunday night I use a primitive form of shuffle where I get my 3 year old to pick a random record of mine that I listen to while I cook tea. Tonight she chose Presidents of the USA and I'd forgotten how much I loved their first album... I know it's just a bit of nostalgia kicking in but I'd love to see them play avalon, mid afternoon with realistically about 4 other people. Dream big folks!

I'd be there! 

Tricky one as I really don't tend to give thought to who I'd LIKE to see at the fest. The joy is always seeing who's on the lineup and going from there. But that doesn't really make for a great post.

So I'll go with The Connells. First new album in 20 years came out last year and it were good, and over the years I've got past the obvious track everyone knows and into their albums a bit more. Lovely bit of jangly Americana on a sunny afternoon, be perfect up in The Park.

Failing that, the traditional request for Andrew WK.

15 hours ago, SheffJeff said:

On a Sunday night I use a primitive form of shuffle where I get my 3 year old to pick a random record of mine that I listen to while I cook tea. Tonight she chose Presidents of the USA and I'd forgotten how much I loved their first album... I know it's just a bit of nostalgia kicking in but I'd love to see them play avalon, mid afternoon with realistically about 4 other people. Dream big folks!

Ha, listened to that album a lot when it came out!  Confusion all round as they launch into Boll Weevil 😂

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Played El Pointo festival before last.

Five years ago in modern money.

Barring the covers album they released that didn't get much attention they've been largely out of the limelight ever since due to a mixture of having children and the pandemic. They've done daytime Pointo, don't really see them on Other or JP, which leave the Park...