#1 Poster Suprise You’d Love To See…

Hugh Jass

Every year the poster drops and there are always one or two acts that nobody sees coming (Katy Perry, Janet Jackson, The National subbing that year). Acts that people haven’t thought likely due to them not touring or having dates anywhere else, being elsewhere around the festival or even exclusives elsewhere… So who would be folks #1 dream “surprise” act on the poster for this year?

For me Lana Del Rey returning to reclaim her sub slot would be the one.

(Going to discount Kendrick and we’ve had info suggesting he’ll be there and his presence would be greeted with relief more than anything).

Jane's Addiction. No tour announced but have snuck onto a couple of festival bills, Lollapalooza Argentina and Brazil in March and Rockville Florida in May.

A John Peel headline slot in against Billie would be nice.

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Thanks 1

To me I’m holding hope that some current big hip hop name makes it on. 

Dave, Megan Thee Stallion, Doja Cat - one / all of those would really be a nice surprise. All have dates around Glastonbury and seem to be hitting the festival circuit hard next year.

Plus neither Dave nor Megan are mentioned as an R&L exclusive whereas Arctics were.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Jane's Addiction. No tour announced but have snuck onto a couple of festival bills, Lollapalooza Argentina and Brazil in March and Rockville Florida in May.

A John Peel headline slot in against Billie would be nice.

It's a bold man who can face the prospect of an encounter with Perry Farrell - really danger of cringe-related spinal injury.

20 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

To me I’m holding hope that some current big hip hop name makes it on. 

Dave, Megan Thee Stallion, Doja Cat - one / all of those would really be a nice surprise. All have dates around Glastonbury and seem to be hitting the festival circuit hard next year.

Plus neither Dave nor Megan are mentioned as an R&L exclusive whereas Arctics were.

Never ever change Matt

51 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Tears For Fears would be a nice surprise.  Is there a reason  they've never played? What with Curt being a local lad, and Roland having lived in Bath as a youngster as well

Take some doing, they're playing New York on the Saturday. 

6 minutes ago, oneeye said:

Any of these please...

Jimmy Sommerville, Lulu, Petula Clark, Darts, Myles Kennedy, Black Crows 

I was going to put Black Crowes. Big hole in their schedule, US up to May then Europe in September. 

I didn't realise Darts were still going, that would be a fun show.

11 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I didn't realise Darts were still going, that would be a fun show.

I saw them in the late 70s at what was Paignton Festival Theatre, was a highlight for a young Devonian lad who didn't get out much. Of course later on I discovered the Cornwall Coliseum, unfortunately it shut in 2000, happy dayz...