Glastonbury Jobs

Dukeicon

Part of the Government's 'Kickstart Scheme'. A great opportunity for someone wanting to get into live events.
To apply for these job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.

Administrative Assistant
https://findajob.dwp.gov.uk/details/7998252

JOB SUMMARY
This role will be based within the busy offices for Glastonbury Festival. The role will require attendance at Worthy Farm, Pilton, Somerset, BA4 4BY, starting at Monday Friday, 10:30am-3:30pm each day (There may be some flexibility for when hours are worked and the possibility of more hours during busier periods).

The successful candidate will assist with administration and other tasks, which may include amongst others;
-Data entry
-Invoice/Payroll Processing - (using accounting software) Checking, processing & filing of invoices
-Reconciliation
-Covering Reception welcoming meetings, answering the phone, printing and scanning, enquiries from the public and other reception tasks
-Printing labels, postage

As well as generally providing support to the various functions in the day to day running of the office.

Above is a general outline of the role, however, it is possible that the candidate would get involved in other aspects of the Festival organisation on an ad hoc basis in the Festival office.

Applicants must understand this is not an 'easy ticket' to the Festival. There will be a requirement to work in the offices throughout the Festival period, and generally 'muck in' as required.
Glastonbury Festival Events Ltd is the company that puts on the Glastonbury Festival as well as some smaller events. Our offices are based at Worthy Farm in Somerset where the festival is held. The main business functions are carried out from these offices, although much of the creative side is planned elsewhere. You will learn a lot about the planning for a big event, it will be interesting, but also hard work, this is not an easy ticket to the festival.

SKILLS NEEDED
Computer proficiency is required, with a knowledge of Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook being preferable. However where training can be given, someone who is a fast learner with a 'can do' attitude will also be considered. As the role will be varied, the ideal candidate will be able to manage and prioritise workflow, be confident yet discreet in communicating with others, and have the ability to resolve problems. Experience in customer service would be helpful, as well as basic maths, good attention to detail, and proficient written and verbal communication.

WORKING HOURS
Flexible days - Flexible hours. 25 hours per week

HOURLY RATE
National minimum wage

ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
Weekly employability and work skills training will be provided by Weston College via their Kickstart+ scheme. This will be every Thursday from 3-5pm for 14 weeks, either remotely or in person at the college.
The participants will learn key skills that will be useful for future jobs - IT skills, customer service, telephone answering and working in a busy environment.
They will also be given opportunities to meet staff from different departments and learn about different jobs that are available in the events industry.

Site Office Assistant
https://findajob.dwp.gov.uk/details/7998232

JOB SUMMARY
This is a varied role that will involve assisting key members of staff with their day to day tasks and admin responsibilities. The role is likely to involve elements of invoicing, purchasing goods for the festival, acting as runner and collecting meals for the team. There will be elements of working both in the office and being out on the festival site, with crew members during the build.

The role will start at 25 hours per week, but if you are flexible there are likely to be more hours available as we get busier closer to the event.

The office gets incredibly busy in the lead up to the festival, so will require someone who is flexible with a 'can do' attitude. The tasks you are given to do are likely to change daily so you'll need to be adaptable. The job offers the chance to be part of a fantastic team of people who are heavily involved in the to the day to day set up of the festival.

Applicants must understand this is not an 'easy ticket' to the Festival. There will be a requirement to work in the offices throughout the Festival period, and generally 'muck in' as required.

The role will be based in our office on Worthy Farm for the duration of the contract.
Glastonbury Festival Events Ltd puts on the Glastonbury Festival plus some smaller events. We are based on Worthy Farm in Somerset where the festival is held. From our offices on site the major business functions are carried out, although much of the creative side of the event is planned elsewhere. Being based in the festival offices you would learn a lot about how a big event is put on, it will be interesting, but it's hard work, this is not an easy ticket to the festival.

SKILLS NEEDED
There is no specific experience needed however, we do require someone with a full, clean, UK driving licence. We would need someone who has worked with Microsoft packages and has the ability to work to a tight schedule and under time pressured restraints.

Excellent organisation skills and a strong work ethic are a must.

WORKING HOURS
Fixed days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - Fixed hours: 10:00 - 15:00

HOURLY RATE
National minimum wage

Weekly employability and work skills training will be provided by Weston College via their Kickstart+ scheme. This will be every Thursday from 3-5pm for 14 weeks, either remotely or in person at the college.
The participants will learn key skills that will be useful for future jobs - IT skills, customer service, telephone answering and working in a busy environment.
They will also be given opportunities to meet staff from different departments and learn about different jobs that are available in the events industry.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

If only I met those damn criteria 

Apply and claim you’re dyslexic, hence misreading 24 as 42. Then claim eliminating you from the recruitment process would be discrimination on the grounds of your dyslexia. Get to interview. Tug heart strings. 

On 1/14/2022 at 10:08 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

E festers waiting for the jobs interview

BDAE863E-85DF-4A35-83B8-6AC744D3E4B2.jpeg.22fff30847b4b098c0edaac438f538bd.jpeg

love it - That is a amazing Opportunity for some young people - I ended up in the Production office of the Mean Fiddler at the Phoenix Festival ' on loan for two years ' dealing with press/VIP Access  { sometime between  1993 and 1997 } and what really surprised me was ' Security had 90 seconds to try and take in at least 90 Security passes ' - they were on a wall and they bundled in waves of Security over and over again  - at the time it was not a wrist band - see photo { that part scrubbed out was the ' onstage part ' } and they all had different Colours.

Which may explain why at Glastonbury one year - I could enter the backstage Compound  though some gates but was not able to enter though the gate near The other stage - it was just not worth arguing as I could enter though a different gate. 

88351_o.thumb.jpg.d119fdcfe71fed3e27b3453ac8d721bb.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2022 at 9:07 AM, blutarsky said:

Apply and claim you’re dyslexic, hence misreading 24 as 42. Then claim eliminating you from the recruitment process would be discrimination on the grounds of your dyslexia. Get to interview. Tug heart strings. 

Assumed he already worked for them.

On 1/14/2022 at 2:29 PM, Dukeicon said:

Part of the Government's 'Kickstart Scheme'. A great opportunity for someone wanting to get into live events.
To apply for these job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.

Administrative Assistant
https://findajob.dwp.gov.uk/details/7998252

JOB SUMMARY
This role will be based within the busy offices for Glastonbury Festival. The role will require attendance at Worthy Farm, Pilton, Somerset, BA4 4BY, starting at Monday Friday, 10:30am-3:30pm each day (There may be some flexibility for when hours are worked and the possibility of more hours during busier periods).

The successful candidate will assist with administration and other tasks, which may include amongst others;
-Data entry
-Invoice/Payroll Processing - (using accounting software) Checking, processing & filing of invoices
-Reconciliation
-Covering Reception welcoming meetings, answering the phone, printing and scanning, enquiries from the public and other reception tasks
-Printing labels, postage

As well as generally providing support to the various functions in the day to day running of the office.

Above is a general outline of the role, however, it is possible that the candidate would get involved in other aspects of the Festival organisation on an ad hoc basis in the Festival office.

Glastonbury Festival Events Ltd is the company that puts on the Glastonbury Festival as well as some smaller events. Our offices are based at Worthy Farm in Somerset where the festival is held. The main business functions are carried out from these offices, although much of the creative side is planned elsewhere. You will learn a lot about the planning for a big event, it will be interesting, but also hard work, this is not an easy ticket to the festival.

SKILLS NEEDED
Computer proficiency is required, with a knowledge of Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook being preferable. However where training can be given, someone who is a fast learner with a 'can do' attitude will also be considered. As the role will be varied, the ideal candidate will be able to manage and prioritise workflow, be confident yet discreet in communicating with others, and have the ability to resolve problems. Experience in customer service would be helpful, as well as basic maths, good attention to detail, and proficient written and verbal communication.

WORKING HOURS
Flexible days - Flexible hours. 25 hours per week

HOURLY RATE
National minimum wage

Site Office Assistant
https://findajob.dwp.gov.uk/details/7998232

JOB SUMMARY
This is a varied role that will involve assisting key members of staff with their day to day tasks and admin responsibilities. The role is likely to involve elements of invoicing, purchasing goods for the festival, acting as runner and collecting meals for the team. There will be elements of working both in the office and being out on the festival site, with crew members during the build.

The role will start at 25 hours per week, but if you are flexible there are likely to be more hours available as we get busier closer to the event.

The office gets incredibly busy in the lead up to the festival, so will require someone who is flexible with a 'can do' attitude. The tasks you are given to do are likely to change daily so you'll need to be adaptable. The job offers the chance to be part of a fantastic team of people who are heavily involved in the to the day to day set up of the festival.

The role will be based in our office on Worthy Farm for the duration of the contract.
Glastonbury Festival Events Ltd puts on the Glastonbury Festival plus some smaller events. We are based on Worthy Farm in Somerset where the festival is held. From our offices on site the major business functions are carried out, although much of the creative side of the event is planned elsewhere. Being based in the festival offices you would learn a lot about how a big event is put on, it will be interesting, but it's hard work, this is not an easy ticket to the festival.

SKILLS NEEDED
There is no specific experience needed however, we do require someone with a full, clean, UK driving licence. We would need someone who has worked with Microsoft packages and has the ability to work to a tight schedule and under time pressured restraints.

Excellent organisation skills and a strong work ethic are a must.

WORKING HOURS
Fixed days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - Fixed hours: 10:00 - 15:00

HOURLY RATE
National minimum wage

These sort of jobs strike me as the sort that if you play your cards right could lead to a permanent position and a chance to eventually climb the ladder.

As far as Glastonbury is concerned those Kickstarter jobs are an incredible opportunity… however there is a lot of abuse with that scheme by normal companies. The idea is that you don’t necessarily pay the minimum wage, only pay them for 25 hours and then get rid of them after 6 months when it ends. The idea is you keep them on, pay them more etc. I know because I run a small business and I keep getting hassled by companies trying to get us to take people on. The problem is we don’t really have need for them and as an ethical business we have certain conditions about paying a certain amount above living wage etc. So it would be against our principals to employ people basically for free on the terms of the Kickstarter programme.

I must reiterate that as far as Glastonbury is concerned it’s a fantastic opportunity for anybody who gets it.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

As far as Glastonbury is concerned those Kickstarter jobs are an incredible opportunity… however there is a lot of abuse with that scheme by normal companies. The idea is that you don’t necessarily pay the minimum wage, only pay them for 25 hours and then get rid of them after 6 months when it ends. The idea is you keep them on, pay them more etc. I know because I run a small business and I keep getting hassled by companies trying to get us to take people on. The problem is we don’t really have need for them and as an ethical business we have certain conditions about paying a certain amount above living wage etc. So it would be against our principals to employ people basically for free on the terms of the Kickstarter programme.

I must reiterate that as far as Glastonbury is concerned it’s a fantastic opportunity for anybody who gets it.

I worked with a building contractor who got burnt once via an earlier scheme than this one - Kickstarter. Mind you, it serves the greedy bastard (I don't actually mean that) right. He though 'he' was getting the good deal. He had no realisation that he became somehow financially responsible for the person (don't ask me how, as although I did know the reason, I cannot for the life of me recall it now. I'm stoned. Anyway, don't worry about him, he has the luck of the Irish, despite being English.

The above contractor - his wife and office manager (this was donkeys years ago) looked and clicked on an email saying their bank account was compromised, and to do X,Y, and Z on the screen in front of them, and presumably they'd be asking for it to be done in a hurry. Anyway, she did - she filled in all the details as requested. About 5 minutes later she had become so nervous about it that she contacted the bank directly. A 6 figure sum had already been transferred from their account, but the bank managed to put a hold on £x (I can't recall the specifics), leaving the 'thieves' to get away with £20K or some such (yet again, the failure to know the minutiae appears) So then what happens is (and please do know that this is a real story. Or, at least, it's what my perceived memory is telling me to be the case!)!    Is that grammatically correct. I'm not sure. I have my doubts.

Anyway, what happens is the banks insurers somehow managed to give him this 6 figure £'s back, and then the bank also paid him back the £20K that they were able to put a hold on and retrieve. The bloke went into his bank manager and said 'well, this can't be right', or some such - actually, thinking about it further, it would have been something like 'Well, this can't be fucking right' - and then go on to explain that he'd now got an extra £20K out of it. His bank manager informed him something along the lines of ' well, I'm not going to tell them. Are you'?  So, he's got to be one of only a few people who can make a profit out of being robbed heavily. 

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It's great that there still are jobs, but I believe you need to already work for co op and that anyone should note this bit from the ad:-
"You’ll work three shifts, Friday – Sunday, working from 6pm – midnight."

57 minutes ago, clarkete said:

It's great that there still are jobs, but I believe you need to already work for co op and that anyone should note this bit from the ad:-
"You’ll work three shifts, Friday – Sunday, working from 6pm – midnight."

I mean, it's not like anything is on at that time, is it?

• 2 weeks later...

Jimmy's Pop Up - Crew Catering

We are very excited to announce we’re the official crew caterer of Glastonbury Festival this year.

That means we need the best team on board. Are you a Chef with experience of cooking for large numbers of people or a great Front of House hero?!

If you think you’ve got what it takes and would love to be part of our 2022 team this year please send your CV with a covering letter to glastonbury@jimmygarciacatering.com.

All CV’s must be received by COP Friday 15th April.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcPYCCQqsop/

Edited by Dukeicon

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

HR Officer for Glastonbury Festival

Based At: Worthy Farm, Pilton, BA4 4BY
Reports to: Finance Director
Duration: 6 month contract.
Hours: 3, 4 or 5 days per week as preferred. If the successful candidate wants to work full time the role would likely include assisting with payroll or other finance tasks.
Start date: March 2023
Salary: £30,000-£35,000 dependent on experience.

Duties: This role will be based within the busy offices for Glastonbury Festival. The role will require attendance at Worthy Farm, Pilton, Somerset, BA4 4BY for some days, but hybrid working is possible. Additional days/hours during busy times could be agreed.

The successful candidate will work within the Festival team and be able to manage their own workload.
-We are looking for applicants with a background in HR, professional qualifications would be an advantage.
-We require someone who understands the varied nature of the Arts Industry and/or who has experience working in a non-corporate environment.
-We are looking for someone to work with us in writing and implementing policies for full time staff, casual workers and contractors.
-The festival is currently working on improving our diversity and inclusion and we are looking for someone to assist with developing this policy.
-We would like a proactive person who can assist where needed within the wider festival team.
-We require someone to keep on top of current legislation and update festival policies.
-The nature of our business and the relatively small size of the team means that roles often evolve and the right candidate would be able to think on their feet and get involved in other tasks as required.

Requirements: A background in HR, with qualifications and/or experience. An ability to work in a varied, non-corporate environment. Good communication skills and an ability to get on with a variety of people is essential. Good organisational skills, an eye for detail and enthusiasm to get involved are important. As the role will be varied, the ideal candidate will be able to manage and prioritise workflow, be confident yet discreet in communicating with others, and have the ability to resolve problems, with a ‘can do’ attitude. Proficient written and verbal communication required, as well as computer skills.

Additional Info: Above is a general outline of the role, however, it is possible that the candidate may get involved in other aspects of the Festival organisation on an ad hoc basis in the Festival office, subject to agreement by their line manager. Applicants must understand this is not an ‘easy ticket’ to the Festival, there will be a requirement to work during the Festival period. The role is based at our offices in rural Somerset where public transport is extremely limited, so you will need to be able to make your own travel arrangements.

For further information and to apply, please email a copy of your CV to HR@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk

https://uk.linkedin.com/jobs/view/human-resources-officer-at-glastonbury-festival-events-limited-3464451736

• 1 year later...

HR Assistant

Based at: Worthy Farm, Pilton, Somerset, BA44BY
Reporting to: HR Manager
Duration: April – Mid August
Hours: Part-time hours 25-30 per week
Pay rate: £15/hr

Duties:
This role will be based within the busy offices for Glastonbury Festival. This role is part-time, and there is some flexibility as to when the hours are worked, but hours will be required on a Tuesday, Thursday and at least one other week day at Worthy Farm, BA44BY. Additional hours may be available in June.

The successful candidate will support the HR Manager with a wide range of HR tasks, which may include amongst others;
-Supporting the HR manager with HR tasks and adhoc projects as required
- Handling day to day HR enquiries, in person, by email, and over the phone
- Maintaining HR records, and ensuring compliance with company policies and legal requirements
-Regularly reviewing and drafting HR policies and procedure updates, ensuring compliance with current employment laws and industry best practices
-Communicating changes in policy and procedures to employees -Assisting with the Recruitment process
-Assisting with the onboarding process for new starters
-Data protection compliance

Requirements;
-Minimum 2 years HR admin/assistant experience
-CIPD level 3, or 5, or working towards
-IT literate and proficient in MS Office skills.
-Organised and able to work to deadlines
-Attention to detail and strong written communication skills -Be able to manage and prioritise workload
-Confident yet discreet in communicating with others -Maintaining confidentiality is crucial
-Previous recruitment experience would be desirable

Above is a general outline of the role, however, it is likely that the candidate would get involved in other aspects of the Festival organisation on an ad hoc basis in the Festival office, subject to agreement by their line manager. Applicants must understand this is not an ‘easy ticket’ to the Festival. There will be a requirement to work throughout the Festival period, and generally ‘muck in’ as required. The role is based at our offices in Pilton.

We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.

If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of the recruitment process or when employed, then do let us know.
For further information and to apply, please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to hr@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk

Full Info: https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/HR-Assistant.pdf

14 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

HR Assistant

Reporting to: HR Manager
Duration: April – Mid August
Hours: Part-time hours 25-30 per week
Pay rate: £15/hr

Duties:
This role will be based within the busy offices for Glastonbury Festival. This role is part-time, and there is some flexibility as to when the hours are worked, but hours will be required on a Tuesday, Thursday and at least one other week day at Worthy Farm, BA44BY. Additional hours may be available in June.

The successful candidate will support the HR Manager with a wide range of HR tasks, which may include amongst others;
-Supporting the HR manager with HR tasks and adhoc projects as required
- Handling day to day HR enquiries, in person, by email, and over the phone
- Maintaining HR records, and ensuring compliance with company policies and legal requirements
-Regularly reviewing and drafting HR policies and procedure updates, ensuring compliance with current employment laws and industry best practices
-Communicating changes in policy and procedures to employees -Assisting with the Recruitment process
-Assisting with the onboarding process for new starters
-Data protection compliance

Requirements;
-Minimum 2 years HR admin/assistant experience
-CIPD level 3, or 5, or working towards
-IT literate and proficient in MS Office skills.
-Organised and able to work to deadlines
-Attention to detail and strong written communication skills -Be able to manage and prioritise workload
-Confident yet discreet in communicating with others -Maintaining confidentiality is crucial
-Previous recruitment experience would be desirable

Above is a general outline of the role, however, it is likely that the candidate would get involved in other aspects of the Festival organisation on an ad hoc basis in the Festival office, subject to agreement by their line manager. Applicants must understand this is not an ‘easy ticket’ to the Festival. There will be a requirement to work throughout the Festival period, and generally ‘muck in’ as required. The role is based at our offices in Pilton.

We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.

If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of the recruitment process or when employed, then do let us know.
For further information and to apply, please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to hr@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk

Full Info: https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/HR-Assistant.pdf

Would I be involved in disciplining people who leaked line-ups?

• Upvote 1

Farm Health and Safety Advisor

Reports to: Head of Site Facilities
Duration: Full-Time/Year-round
Hours: A 40-hour week (9am-5pm Mon-Fri) is standard but during June and early July additional hours will be required plus some weekends.
Salary: TBC

This role will be based within the busy offices/site for Worthy Farm and Glastonbury Festival. The role will require attendance at Worthy Farm, Pilton, Somerset, BA4 4BY, our standard office hours are 40 per week, but additional hours are likely to be required in June and July.

The role is primarily to cover farm related activities and operations but you will be working closely with the appointed Festival Safety Advisors to ensure close collabora:on and co-operative working with actvites which cover the two elements of the operatonal site.

You will support the Heads of Departments to ensure that onsite operations and work activities are carried out in line with safety standards and legislation, and ensure that there is suitable and sufficient documentation in place to support the relevant work activities.

You will support continuous improvement of safety standards and awareness throughout the organisation, and ensure best practice throughout all stages of on-site operations. The Health and Safety Advisor will be an integral part of the staff and culture on site, and will be required to work across a number of different aspects of the organisation.

Full Job Description: https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/Farm-Health-and-Safety-Advisor-JD.pdf

Edited by Dukeicon

Off Site Campsite Liaison Manager

Reports to: Offsite Manager
Duration: March – Approx mid-July 2024
Hours: Flexible hours at first, as required to deliver the job, but increasing to full time during June, plus some weekends. Approx 30-40 days in total
Pay Rate: There is a £4800 fixed fee for delivery of this job

Duties:
This role will be based within the busy offices for Glastonbury Festival. The role will require attendance at Worthy Farm and the surrounding areas in Pilton, Somerset, BA4 4BY.

The successful candidate will amongst other things;
- liaise with private offsite campsite operators in the lead-up to the Festival to establish the profile, general safety and security arrangements and capacity for each site.
- work collaboratively with the Village Liaison team to manage pass, access and general planning arrangements.
- run two days of surgeries with individual campsite operators and/or carry out telephone interview to gather information and provide guidance in the lead-up to the Festival.
- collate all relevant information for event control and Festival management use including location and capacity, traffic routing and travel plans etc.
- promote health, safety, security and general compliance with legislation in order to minimise the impact on the environment, local community and multi-agency partners.
- clarify operators liability for the correct communication of all infrastructure and service deliveries and routing.
- communicate messaging from Pilton Parish Council and other residents groups to continue the ‘good neighbour’ campaign.
- communicate effectively that all compliance with the relevant laws and legislation remains the responsibility of individual private offsite campsite operators.
- carry out checks at each of the multiple private offsite campsites, with agreement from the campsite operators, to ensure that a general good standard of compliance is achieved.

Requirements:
- Excellent communication and liaison skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across private campsite operators, contractors, and the festival management team forming good working relationships.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Experience of environmental health regulations including food safety / water / fire /security provisions is desirable.

Additional Info:
Applicants must understand this is not an ‘easy ticket’ to the Festival. There will be a requirement to work throughout the Festival period, and generally ‘muck in’ as required.

For further information and to apply, please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to
hr@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk

Full Job Description: https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/Off-Site-Campsite-Liaison.pdf

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to Glastonbury Jobs