Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

56 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Caribou at the O2 Bristol tomorrow - anyone been to this tour yet? What should I expect? 

I saw them headline Green Man in the summer and, though often a bit 'soft' for me (I also just don't really like vocals in 'dance' music...), they were great! As @Tuna says, visuals are nice and the sound at GM is stellar, so that made a big difference. And they dropped a MASSIVE techno banger late in the set - might have been a Daphni track, I guess.

@Supernintendo Chalmers - nice new avatar

Ben

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I saw them headline Green Man in the summer and, though often a bit 'soft' for me (I also just don't really like vocals in 'dance' music...), they were great! As @Tuna says, visuals are nice and the sound at GM is stellar, so that made a big difference. And they dropped a MASSIVE techno banger late in the set - might have been a Daphni track, I guess.

@Supernintendo Chalmers - nice new avatar

Ben

The good old days, @bennyhana22

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Caribou at the O2 Bristol tomorrow - anyone been to this tour yet? What should I expect? 

I saw that show and thought it said brixton, nearly bought tickets by accident was pretty gutted. Not sure if its half a tour but theres about 5 uk dates and they make no sense as a tour

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

I saw that show and thought it said brixton, nearly bought tickets by accident was pretty gutted. Not sure if its half a tour but theres about 5 uk dates and they make no sense as a tour

Pretty sure the tour has been ravaged by Covid several times. Brixton show has been rejigged multiple times I think. Fuck knows. Fuck Covid. 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Pretty sure the tour has been ravaged by Covid several times. Brixton show has been rejigged multiple times I think. Fuck knows. Fuck Covid. 

Thought as much, it was either that or Wide Awake early summer putting that off. Should see them at glastonbury anyway fingers crossed

7 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Now here's a line-up & a half

image.thumb.png.3848b5b1ad9fd9947ae6162eea5a3787.png

I always feel like I'm a year or two behind the curve. I know for certain that come Summer 2024, I'll be championing the vast majority of these acts, whilst the rest of you will have moved on! It's another reason why I love this thread, the exposure to new artists and sounds

2 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Now here's a line-up & a half

image.thumb.png.3848b5b1ad9fd9947ae6162eea5a3787.png

Yeah, it's always pretty damn impressive.

For those who like it full-on, they're being very generous in giving you Blawan, Pariah and  Karenn! Helena b2b Stingray is an electro wet-dream. I bloody love Mor Elian and need to see her more than just the one time I have so far. The Master, DVS1, clearly loves this festival. I'll never forget his set in the Moat at the Fort. Masterclass. Steevio and Suzybee with all manner of modular loveliness.

And I really need to see Djrum before too long - a favourite of Child 1.

Excellent lineup again.

Ben 

Here’s a line up for Warm up. Established London house party people who made an absolutely stonking entry to the festival scene last year. What a line up for a small 3500 capacity festival! 

02867C0A-9108-4DCA-91FC-6D141D5EF3F5.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Here’s a line up for Warm up. Established London house party people who made an absolutely stonking entry to the festival scene last year. What a line up for a small 3500 capacity festival! 

02867C0A-9108-4DCA-91FC-6D141D5EF3F5.jpeg

Shame its in the middle of nowhere, I live near St Albans and we have a 5k farm that does festivals all summer and would be a way better site probably (much nearer to a station/london). Great lineup though

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Shame its in the middle of nowhere, I live near St Albans and we have a 5k farm that does festivals all summer and would be a way better site probably (much nearer to a station/london). Great lineup though

It's really the perfect location for it - absolutely stunning forest clearings and views for miles outside it.  

There are shuttles between the train station and the site too. 

Two weeks into Colombia and I've not been to any big events yet, just smaller clubs, but I had an absolute banger in Medellin on Friday. 

Bottom two floors were the standard reggaeton (as like most places in Colombia) but the third floor rooftop terrace was an utter VIBE. Some absolutely amazing house music getting pumped out as we overlooked the city, and everyone on that floor was just loving it. I was reaching for Shazam constantly but my Colombian sim had run out of data and the offline Shazam thing doesn't seem to have worked. Gutted.

Does mean that the night is now just an amazing memory in my head, which sometimes is better. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Zacko said:

Two weeks into Colombia and I've not been to any big events yet, just smaller clubs, but I had an absolute banger in Medellin on Friday. 

Bottom two floors were the standard reggaeton (as like most places in Colombia) but the third floor rooftop terrace was an utter VIBE. Some absolutely amazing house music getting pumped out as we overlooked the city, and everyone on that floor was just loving it. I was reaching for Shazam constantly but my Colombian sim had run out of data and the offline Shazam thing doesn't seem to have worked. Gutted.

Does mean that the night is now just an amazing memory in my head, which sometimes is better. 

Sat in a cold departure lounge headed for a gloomy Glasgow, reading this with envious eyes. Sounds amazing! Keep reporting back so we can continue to live vicariously through you. Stay safe and enjoy!

5 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Sat in a cold departure lounge headed for a gloomy Glasgow, reading this with envious eyes. Sounds amazing! Keep reporting back so we can continue to live vicariously through you. Stay safe and enjoy!

Ditto

13 hours ago, Zacko said:

Sounds incredible. How long are you there? Why the trip? 

On 1/24/2022 at 2:15 PM, blutarsky said:

Was a decent night. Unfortunately we couldn't get a baby sitter, so met my mate rather than taking Mrs B. Would have been more fun dancing with Mrs B! 
Support was Sofia Kourtesis who I liked the sound of on Spotify, but due to my mate being late, then not having sorted his covid pass, we ended up missing her. What we heard from outside sounded good. 

Caribou were really enjoyable. A few highlights. Visuals decent, sound quality good, a few big build ups/surprising moments. 
Quite a young crowd that was very receptive, although a lot of phones in the air. One couple near me spent the entire gig making a video selfie and sticking their tongues out. Each to their own I suppose... 

One criticism: as an electronic act you don't need any crowd banter - just play the songs and entertain. But if you are going to stop and engage, be good at it. Dan spoke 4-5 times and each time all he said was "thank you so much, you guys are the best". It came across as jaded and insincere the first time, let alone the fifth. 

Hope everyone’s doing well! Been a minute since I’ve been on here but I’ve now fully hit my own confirmation that we’re heading to the fields this year 

was just wondering who’s on everyone’s wish list this year seeing as it’s been a few years off

Ben UFO currently trumps my list, I’ve seen Skream is starting to do some 140 sets again and has billed a Skream b2b Skream , that would be W treat in my eyes, somewhere like gas tower. Would also really like to see Jackmaster but unsure if he’d make an appearance for obvious reasons 

Live performances from Overmono, Prospa and Ross from Friends are also must-see’s should they come up on the poster 

four tet as always , even a ‘Four Tet and Friends’ night somewhere, TSHA on the Thursday night would be a treat also 

who else we hoping to see ? 

Some names suggested to me for Pangea  ... make of it what you want ..... some already been spoken about so might well be accurate . four tet , Chase and Status , Calvin Harris , Chemical brothers , Annie Mac  adds to @JoeyT info ..... @Obiginnaw only just read above .... might be in luck 

Edited by crazyfool1

42 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Some names suggested to me for Pangea  ... make of it what you want ..... some already been spoken about so might well be accurate . four tet , Chase and Status , Calvin Harris , Chemical brothers , Annie Mac  adds to @JoeyT info ..... 

Four Tet and the Chemical Brothers would be insane. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

Hope everyone’s doing well! Been a minute since I’ve been on here but I’ve now fully hit my own confirmation that we’re heading to the fields this year 

was just wondering who’s on everyone’s wish list this year seeing as it’s been a few years off

Ben UFO currently trumps my list, I’ve seen Skream is starting to do some 140 sets again and has billed a Skream b2b Skream , that would be W treat in my eyes, somewhere like gas tower. Would also really like to see Jackmaster but unsure if he’d make an appearance for obvious reasons 

Live performances from Overmono, Prospa and Ross from Friends are also must-see’s should they come up on the poster 

four tet as always , even a ‘Four Tet and Friends’ night somewhere, TSHA on the Thursday night would be a treat also 

who else we hoping to see ? 

Pretty much exactly this list as well!

6 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Ditto

Sounds incredible. How long are you there? Why the trip? 

Was a decent night. Unfortunately we couldn't get a baby sitter, so met my mate rather than taking Mrs B. Would have been more fun dancing with Mrs B! 
Support was Sofia Kourtesis who I liked the sound of on Spotify, but due to my mate being late, then not having sorted his covid pass, we ended up missing her. What we heard from outside sounded good. 

Caribou were really enjoyable. A few highlights. Visuals decent, sound quality good, a few big build ups/surprising moments. 
Quite a young crowd that was very receptive, although a lot of phones in the air. One couple near me spent the entire gig making a video selfie and sticking their tongues out. Each to their own I suppose... 

One criticism: as an electronic act you don't need any crowd banter - just play the songs and entertain. But if you are going to stop and engage, be good at it. Dan spoke 4-5 times and each time all he said was "thank you so much, you guys are the best". It came across as jaded and insincere the first time, let alone the fifth. 

I've got a three month sabbatical from work, so doing Colombia, Panama, Guatemala and Mexico! Hoping for some banging parties in Mexico.

Funnily enough, I was supposed to be at Caribou last night (well, when it was supposed to be in 2020) - saw some videos from mates, looked pumping! A Caribou Glasto slot (Park headliner?) would be very nice. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Zacko said:

I've got a three month sabbatical from work, so doing Colombia, Panama, Guatemala and Mexico! Hoping for some banging parties in Mexico.

Funnily enough, I was supposed to be at Caribou last night (well, when it was supposed to be in 2020) - saw some videos from mates, looked pumping! A Caribou Glasto slot (Park headliner?) would be very nice. 

Park against Billie as he would of been in 2020 (against Kendrick instead) is my best bet

5 minutes ago, Zacko said:

A friend saw Caribou in Glasgow recently and enjoyed it but was blown away by Taahliah supporting. Banging by all accounts

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Some names suggested to me for Pangea  ... make of it what you want ..... some already been spoken about so might well be accurate . four tet , Chase and Status , Calvin Harris , Chemical brothers , Annie Mac  adds to @JoeyT info ..... @Obiginnaw only just read above .... might be in luck 

Aphex Twin and Carl Cox I’ve also had info on in regards to Pangea.