Parklife 2022

Matt42

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah come on. This festival always leaks. Where is it?

Here, kinda.

PARKLIFE Festival is coming back bigger than ever, with performances from Tyler The Creator, Megan Thee Stallion, Lewis Capaldi, and 50 Cent’s only UK festival performance of the year. Pinkpantheress, Jessie Ware, Annie Mac, Headie One, Central Cee And Chase & Status will also be at   Manchester’s Heaton Park on June 11 and 12.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/17427791/s-club-7-paul-cattermole-psychic/

Just now, plebhead8 said:

Megan was there last year but wasn’t even a headliner and now she is?? Shambles compared to last years lineup and they’re claiming it’s the best yet? 🤦‍♂️ 50 cent is kinda cool they should have got doja cat though 

Has wireless / Glastonbury got Doja is the question?

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Pretty much a given these days isn’t it? Much like Wireless, people eat this kind of festival up, especially with it being in the middle of the city. 

Although they do often pull out some top tier (often frustratingly so) lineups. 

Tbh I always think the Parklife lineup has something for me. I expect the full thing to have the same this year.

Surely some promoter will upload the poster early any minute now?

Just now, Matt42 said:

Yo I’m giving this a not good

Yeah not very exciting is it. A few good names further down (Caroline Polachek for example) but mostly just basic DJs that seemingly play every year. Guess they’ve realised there’s no point booking a bunch of exciting live acts when the kids would rather just get off their tits to a bunch of house and techno.

Good line up.

Again, not sure how Megan headlines I don't think she's that good. Rather Missy Elliot as a rap female headliner.

DJ are the same, but still setllar.. especially Prydz, shame he doesn't go all out with exclusives like he does for TML & Creamfields 

It's the usual busy Parklife fare. Essentially, it's their entire winter schedule crammed into two days. If I weren't at Primavera, I'd probably get a ticket. 

Surprised to see it get slightly criticised though. Acts like Megan, Tyler, Pinkpantheress, Overmono, Folamour, Fred Again, Joy Orbison, Villalobos are often lauded on these threads

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I don't think this is too bad, it's just very little of them are actually new. Tyler and Lewis are rebookings from the cancelled 2020 one. And after those I count maybe 10 acts on the top 5 lines that either weren't there in September or haven't played warehouse project last season.