The Resale Spreadsheet Roll Call (Take 3!?)

vintagelaureate

24 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Breaks my heart to do this, but we are ruled out. Mainly financial reasons, but it’s also not the right timing for us as a family. I’ll def outlet help out for others - build that karma for October. 

As tough as a decision it is to make, it's also good to make peace with it early on. Sounds like you made it for the right reasons though. I've been flitting in and out for months, considering all options, including the possibility of working, but (for now) I've ruled that out. It's punter ticket or bust for me. The great thing about an early resale is that it gives you time to make alternative plans (ie: leaving the country for five days and switching my phone off 😀)

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

As tough as a decision it is to make, it's also good to make peace with it early on. Sounds like you made it for the right reasons though. I've been flitting in and out for months, considering all options, including the possibility of working, but (for now) I've ruled that out. It's punter ticket or bust for me. The great thing about an early resale is that it gives you time to make alternative plans (ie: leaving the country for five days and switching my phone off 😀)

You're right - you need time to accept it. I'm still struggling with this at the moment for a number of reasons - probably a post for the How Do You Feel thread though. 

3 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

You're right - you need time to accept it. I'm still struggling with this at the moment for a number of reasons - probably a post for the How Do You Feel thread though. 

Remember, as much as we're all clearly obsessed with the place, it is just a festival. Sounds like your decision is the sensible one for a number of reasons. There'll be other opportunities in the future, I'm sure you've made the right decision for you and your family.

Also, it's one less person in my way to get a ticket, mwahahahahahaaaa!

ps: hope you're ok, btw

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Remember, as much as we're all clearly obsessed with the place, it is just a festival. Sounds like your decision is the sensible one for a number of reasons. There'll be other opportunities in the future, I'm sure you've made the right decision for you and your family.

Also, it's one less person in my way to get a ticket, mwahahahahahaaaa!

ps: hope you're ok, btw

Yeah - all good. Just reflecting on things. Good luck come resale day! 

Just now, gooner1990 said:

Do we think the coach resale will be on a different day or the same one but just a few hours earlier?

When I bagged coach resale in 2015 it was at something like 6pm on a Thursday.

Yeah coach is likely to be as you said on the Thursday and main resale on the Sunday 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

Do we think the coach resale will be on a different day or the same one but just a few hours earlier?

When I bagged coach resale in 2015 it was at something like 6pm on a Thursday.

That is usually the case, Thursday for coach and Sunday for general. I guess depends on how many are available though.

4 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Breaks my heart to do this, but we are ruled out. Mainly financial reasons, but it’s also not the right timing for us as a family. I’ll def outlet help out for others - build that karma for October. 

Sorry to hear that - but it gives us a year to formulate an education based plan to guarantee us a ticket forever. 🤣 If you need to talk over anything so drop me a message - I know what it is like to not be in the right headspace. Take care.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

That is usually the case, Thursday for coach and Sunday for general. I guess depends on how many are available though.

I can't decide in my head how many tickets will be back in the pot, one part of me says a lot,  as people circumstances change, worried about covid etc. another part of me says hardly any at all as given how difficult they are to get hold of most people are gagging to go again.

couple of my mates now haven't been for 5 years as they missed out on 2019 tickets....

16 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I can't decide in my head how many tickets will be back in the pot, one part of me says a lot,  as people circumstances change, worried about covid etc. another part of me says hardly any at all as given how difficult they are to get hold of most people are gagging to go again.

couple of my mates now haven't been for 5 years as they missed out on 2019 tickets....

Normal year is talk of 10 k ….  2 years worth 20k  I don’t think it’s going to be much different … although potentially maybe more people trying for that pot 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Normal year is talk of 10 k ….  2 years worth 20k  I don’t think it’s going to be much different … although potentially maybe more people trying for that pot 

Didn't EE say when 2020 was cancelled that there would be no resale for 2021 because of so few ticket returns?

I hope your figure is correct as I've got a fair few mates still wanting to go!

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Didn't EE say when 2020 was cancelled that there would be no resale for 2021 because of so few ticket returns?

How would a mobile phone company know though? 🤨

10 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

She did but at that point there wasn’t any point returning them … 

59 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Yes but I think that was for an October resale of folk wanting deposits back, not a normal post balance April payment resale . I think the overwhelming amount of folk just held on to their deposits to see what was happening.  When balances have to be paid that’s when decisions are made whether to go or not.  
not long to go now!

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes but I think that was for an October resale of folk wanting deposits back, not a normal post balance April payment resale . I think the overwhelming amount of folk just held on to their deposits to see what was happening.  When balances have to be paid that’s when decisions are made whether to go or not.  
not long to go now!

TBH I have since lost track of what happened when so you guys probably know better than me. 🙂 

Two years is a long time, we've already had one person drop out who had a deposit paid for...quite frustrating as its one of my really close mates who I usually enjoy the festival with but he's got other things going on now so is what it is I guess.

Five weeks until balance payments are due and it will feel a lot more real at that point! 🙂 

Hello!  Apologies for the late reply.  I had not been logged into the site, and missed the notification.  

You can drop me from the spreadsheet this year.  We've got a group of 4, and some helpers lined up as well.  I don't want to clog up the spreadsheet or add any confusion. 

Thanks again for organizing!  Hope to see you all this summer!!

Just a few days left for new entrants and existing people to come forward … just a reminder now to check all your details are correct with the festival site and update if you’ve moved house fortunately I double checked and I’d deleted the registration I had been using previously but still had one on the system with my now correct postcode