LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

I posted this back in November of 2018 but still think it's entirely plausible for this week at some point...

Macca and Michael Eavis sat at a piano beneath the Pyramid Stage.

Macca clears his throat, Michael winks at the camera and it begins...

When he find's himself in times of trouble, Michael Eavis comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, Glastonbury.
The greatest of all the farmers he is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, Glastonbury

Glastonbury, Glastonbury, Glastonbury, Glastonbury
Your Saturday headliner, will be me.

When the festival has started, 200 thousand people will all agree 
The world's greatest festival, Glastonbury.
When it's done and you've departed, it won't be long until you hope to be
Back at Worthy Farm, Glastonbury

Glastonbury, Glastonbury, Glastonbury, Glastonbury
Your Saturday headliner, will be me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Guy Incognito said:

Also going back to my original point, it's not just Florence's dwindling popularity that makes me think they wouldn't book a trio of her, Dua and Billie but I think they'd want to diversify a bit.

If Glastonbury was going for a trio of women headliners, there's one female artist out there right now, who released more studio albums than any of those three, is ten times more exciting than any of those three, way more 'relevant' right now than any of those three (although I'm not 100% sure I know what that means). They should take a risk and put Little Simz in the headline slot.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Sure if you’re still living in 2013-2015 you think Flo is a big deal. She was questionable in size back in 2015 let alone now. 

Her last release really badly flew under the radar. She’s obviously going to snag headliner slots at smaller festivals across EU but when was the last time a genuinely massive festival booked her to headline?

Rock Werchter 2019, Electric Picnic 2019, Orange Warsaw Festival 2018 as well. Also Mad Cool fest is huge and she's headlining it this year

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

No idea, honestly none, don't recall there being an abundance of cheap ones though as I'd have picked one up for the National. So it couldn't have sold too badly.

You asked when she was last booked to headline a massive festival and the answer is literally the summer before Covid struck.

I was there, it looked almost sold out.

1 minute ago, Hotchilidog said:

Flo has a load of songs that people like and is a good performer. It wouldn't be a cutting edge headline but it would an enjoyable evening at the Pyramid much like The Killers gave a load of people a good night out on their last headline.

^^ this

Also, they're a British act and are less likely to run into covid issues. I think covid is less likely to cause issues in June but I could see glastonbury taking it into consideration still.

That being said, I think it'll be Kendrick/Macca/Billie but tbd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topmarksbri said:

"Bigger globally for sure, but think it's a pretty close run thing in the UK"

Not being able to sell the same tour would disagree with that right? 😂 that’s what i’m saying

23 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Flo has a load of songs that people like and is a good performer. It wouldn't be a cutting edge headline but it would an enjoyable evening at the Pyramid much like The Killers gave a load of people a good night out on their last headline.

Yep, Flo would be a good choice for me. Guaranteed a solid show with some big hits. They've obviously dropped off a bit in recent years mainly due to inactivity, but the strong relationship with the festival and strong headline set in the bank will always mean they're an option. And a big single and Glastonbury headline slot would thrust them right back in to the mainstream consciousness. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yep, Flo would be a good choice for me. Guaranteed a solid show with some big hits. They've obviously dropped off a bit in recent years mainly due to inactivity, but the strong relationship with the festival and strong headline set in the bank will always mean they're an option. And a big single and Glastonbury headline slot would thrust them right back in to the mainstream consciousness. 

this

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

I’d be disappointed if Flo was announced, but mainly because that would mean we’ve lost one of Macca or Kendrick. She’d be a solid option for me if there was nothing else on I fancied.

10 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

I am so sorry to be this guy... Again... But has anything happened to make Florence and the Machine seem particularly likely, or Kendrick/McCartney seem less likely? I thought we were pretty much locked in on those two. (I swear I try and keep up) 

Don't think so, the actual rumours still point to Kendrick and Macca. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

I am so sorry to be this guy... Again... But has anything happened to make Florence and the Machine seem particularly likely, or Kendrick/McCartney seem less likely? I thought we were pretty much locked in on those two. (I swear I try and keep up) 

No. People on here tend to see other artists announce shows or be confirmed for other festivals and convince themselves, and others, that said artist will inevitably be at Glastonbury. Given Neil's info, I think Kendrick/Macca are in the hot seats until we hear otherwise.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

This is something like the fourth time we’ve had this Florence argument. This years Foals.

We need an announcement. I’m not asking for the poster. Who’s opening Avalon on Saturday. Anything. 

I love it when them posters come out, Avalon, Acoustic, Silver Hayes etc… bring them on!