LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

If it is Dua and Florence, I wouldn't be at the pyramid at all this year (for headliners). Hopefully Bridgers is headlining the park one day, Pet Shop Boys and someone else I like. Gutted if no Macca or Kendrick.

Yeah hopefully something this week. 

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

Just now, Guy Incognito said:

No chance that the three headliners are Billie, Dua and Florence. 

Really? would be a statement. and if it isn't Macca/Kendrick, what other options do we have? it'd be a ballsey move and though I wouldn't see any of them, it'd be good to see it. Saying that - GIVE US MACCA AND KENNY 

Just now, Guy Incognito said:

Florence was clinging on to relevancy when she first headlined. To book her in 2022 would be very weak. 

I feel the same but she hasn't toured in ages, it would be at the start of a new cycle, the festival owe her a headline slot due to filling in 2015 and it being stripped back.

And she's announcing dates this week and I feel Glasto will have something. The more people say it the more I think it could be her. Touring June/July. A female fronted lineup would be the sort of move I could see Emily doing. Plus Florence Sunday sounds more likely than Kendrick Sunday.

On 1/21/2022 at 11:00 AM, jimmillen said:

I'm no payment expert but I think using your own card requires internet access so the card machine can talk to the bank network in real time & verify the payment.

With a wristband, it can be set up so the wristband tech essentially has a digital wallet with a running balance. You spend £5 on a growler, the £5 is deducted from your balance and credited to the vendor's device - no internet connection needed right then. Obviously it all has to sync up at some point.

Personally I think if it's going cashless then it has to be 100% cashless - trying to work in both cash & digital payments would be a nightmare for vendors.

if they force this on the trader then the traders will want a guarantee it'll work, and that they won't suffer losses via a buggy system.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Flo's a strange one, certainly slips between the cracks of large sub/small headliner...

I don't see her headlining or subbing this year, but I could see her in a JP daytime special guest slot.

Should have been booked for 2020 as a Pyramid-sized Other headliner

Sure if you’re still living in 2013-2015 you think Flo is a big deal. She was questionable in size back in 2015 let alone now. 

Her last release really badly flew under the radar. She’s obviously going to snag headliner slots at smaller festivals across EU but when was the last time a genuinely massive festival booked her to headline?

Just now, Matt42 said:

Sure if you’re still living in 2013-2015 you think Flo is a big deal. She was questionable in size back in 2015 let alone now. 

Her last release really badly flew under the radar. She’s obviously going to snag headliner slots at smaller festivals across EU but when was the last time a genuinely massive festival booked her to headline?

British Summer Time 2019

Imo them booking Florence to headline is exactly the same as them booking Mumford to headline. You can’t object to one and have no problem with the other. In terms of how their career is going right now they are pretty much experiencing the same thing. Muted activity aside from a few headline slots at festivals across mainland Europe.