The Resale Spreadsheet Roll Call (Take 3!?)

vintagelaureate

Just now, incident said:

Assuming you've got sufficient funds, yes.

I had I think 4 transactions on my card on the General sale in 2019 (albeit that was deposits so not a huge amount).

Yes I have sufficient funds.

I've got a single and a pair trying for tonight in coach, in the unlikely event I get through twice I just want to know both transactions will be honoured!

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

All these last minute panics up and down the country … over the tiny details … I even decided not to have something delivered today on the small chance it might clash with sale time 🙂 

I'm getting far too involved for something that I already have a ticket for! 😄 

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

Does anyone know if more than one transaction can go on one card?

We were thinking of having all the money loaded onto one card and then used for anyone that hopefully gets through, but don't want to jeopardise things so can keep it separate if needed!

I can't see any issue with it but it might be an idea for the cardholder to ring in advance and let the card company know so it doesn't get flagged up as suspicious. I was away in November whilst my kitchen was being done and bought a few appliances. Where I was was in the middle of nowhere with good wifi but no phone signal and they stopped me buying a fridge freezer because they thought it was suspicious activity. 

5 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Friend who's never been to Glasto before only just found his registration got rejected (went to junk) and now he isn't registered.

He's screwed right? They won't open registrations before Sunday again?

Yep sorry mate he's royally screwed. 

19 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I can't see any issue with it but it might be an idea for the cardholder to ring in advance and let the card company know so it doesn't get flagged up as suspicious. I was away in November whilst my kitchen was being done and bought a few appliances. Where I was was in the middle of nowhere with good wifi but no phone signal and they stopped me buying a fridge freezer because they thought it was suspicious activity. 

My company says that if you've got their app you can see things which need authorising, I've certainly seen a section for it in there but yet to see it in action, but if you've got their equivalent app that would seem like a good fallback.

My experience of trying to phone my card company recently was depressing recently, took an hour as they were swamped.

24 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

It's interesting, when I contacted Santander years ago (about Glastonbury tickets, actually) they told me they can't pre-approve anything until it hits their system. Not sure if other banks work differently but I've never had any luck.

In previous years my credit card has always worked, I expect it'll require the authentication code this time but fingers crossed no problems! Tickets are in theory held for 10 minutes which should be ample time to get the code.

3 minutes ago, clarkete said:

My company says that if you've got their app you can see things which need authorising, I've certainly seen a section for it in there but yet to see it in action, but if you've got their equivalent app that would seem like a good fallback.

My experience of trying to phone my card company recently was depressing recently, took an hour as they were swamped.

Yep in my case it was because I didn't have a phone signal so I couldn't get the text notification that they sent so it's certainly an edge case. The security questions they put me through were ridiculous as well. Honestly about half an hour of questions about what I spent and where. I felt very judged 😄

1 minute ago, discgoesmic said:

It's interesting, when I contacted Santander years ago (about Glastonbury tickets, actually) they told me they can't pre-approve anything until it hits their system. Not sure if other banks work differently but I've never had any luck.

In previous years my credit card has always worked, I expect it'll require the authentication code this time but fingers crossed no problems! Tickets are in theory held for 10 minutes which should be ample time to get the code.

I've done it before when I was going abroad. I was going to 4 different countries and was aware it might look suspicious so I told them in advance and they wee able to note it on the system somehow. I expect it probably varies from company to company. 

10 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I've done it before when I was going abroad. I was going to 4 different countries and was aware it might look suspicious so I told them in advance and they wee able to note it on the system somehow. I expect it probably varies from company to company. 

Ah, great to hear that worked! 

Just now, semmtexx said:

I've just read the 2022 ticket resale faq. Feel a bit sick and very sweaty palm!

Only 90 days till gates open (please please please!)

Palms, I have got two hands.