The Resale Spreadsheet Roll Call (Take 3!?)

vintagelaureate

On 3/9/2022 at 5:46 PM, crazyfool1 said:

@Hugh Jass II @yehbutnobut   @chemica @plot2pot @Jensescapade @Bovla  @Barnabybear @spg @northernringo @glastogirl88  @clarkete  @thefudgefactory @Watergirl @mickthevoice @danssol @Boris I’m setting up a watts app group for the resale .., please pm me contact details if you wish to be included … no problem if you don’t … you’ll still remain on the spreadsheet … and if I’ve not tagged you I likely have your number already but feel free to Dm me anyway … 2 weeks untill first sale 🙂 

PM sent - thanks for setting up!

18 hours ago, yehbutnobut said:

Shit, not sure if i've missed being included in the coach ticket spreadsheet, just checking it now. Can I add the details to the new page re station etc? 

Seems so. The people in our group who needed resales have been very quiet in our group… 

Just now, whitehorses said:

What’s the biggest historic success for a E-fests resale effort? 

im not  sure what we have had in the past .was it @StoneCircle that organised one sorry if my memory has let me down and ive tagged the wrong person ... it'll be good to have a target to smash though ..... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

What’s the biggest historic success for a E-fests resale effort? 

I suspect it would be a while back, before there were 2.5m  people attempting and before social media meant there was so much sharing of similar tips (apologies if I'm a bit of a realist - no swiftkey, I'm not a racist, but thanks) 

Edited by clarkete

We have decided we will not be trying for tickets... 😞

In the midst of buying a house, we have two dogs now, we have a wedding on the Wednesday after that we have to travel to on the Tuesday which is a but much right after Glastonbury. 

I feel ok about the decision just now, but I know the wave of sadness will come to me as it approaches that week and I see everyone enjoying the blaring sunshine on the farm!

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

im not  sure what we have had in the past .was it @StoneCircle that organised one sorry if my memory has let me down and ive tagged the wrong person ... it'll be good to have a target to smash though ..... 

No it wasn't me, I did the CV ticket resale thread when you could sell them to others. I am part of the Twitter group #Twisto and we have our own resale spreadsheet with very strict rules not to be on any other spreadsheet! 

Apologies if this has already been mentioned. On Monday online card sale security is being stepped up so that any transaction over £25 will need authentication such as a code sent to account holder's mobile, or via a card reader. This means that helpers will have to pay full cost of tickets themselves, to be refunded by the ticket holder. If anyone knows a way round this, please share! Will it help to have a Seetickets account?

1 minute ago, dizzymoo said:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned. On Monday online card sale security is being stepped up so that any transaction over £25 will need authentication such as a code sent to account holder's mobile, or via a card reader. This means that helpers will have to pay full cost of tickets themselves, to be refunded by the ticket holder. If anyone knows a way round this, please share! Will it help to have a Seetickets account?

As long as the cardholder has their phone handy and is aware that they might need to authenticate a transaction it should be ok I would presume ?! 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

As long as the cardholder has their phone handy and is aware that they might need to authenticate a transaction it should be ok I would presume ?! 

You are of course correct!! Just me panicking, though it will slow down transactions. 

3 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

You are of course correct!! Just me panicking, though it will slow down transactions. 

They might need a quick message to log in to the app from the buyer … so need to be on the ball to be checking watts app messages … I think I’m hiring a PA for the sale 🙂 

According to both of my banks, it's not all transactions that trigger manual SCA verification, just ones over a certain risk profile.

The way both of them are recommending it is to have their app installed, in which case instead of sending a code it'll give you a push notification with an Approve / Deny option - so if your bank supports that and you've not already got the relevant app for any of your banks/credit cards then I'd suggest that's a good thing to set up ahead of time (ie now).

I'd also suggest making sure you use any cards you're concerned about or are changing online at least once in this new world before resale date comes around just to be confident they play nice - a friend of mine messaged me at fucking 22:45 on Monday saying he was having problem paying his balance because it was the first time he'd used his new card online and was having SCA issues. I ended up putting it on my card, but in the resale there's no as much time to improvise.

Edited by incident

4 hours ago, incident said:

According to both of my banks, it's not all transactions that trigger manual SCA verification, just ones over a certain risk profile.

The way both of them are recommending it is to have their app installed, in which case instead of sending a code it'll give you a push notification with an Approve / Deny option - so if your bank supports that and you've not already got the relevant app for any of your banks/credit cards then I'd suggest that's a good thing to set up ahead of time (ie now).

I'd also suggest making sure you use any cards you're concerned about or are changing online at least once in this new world before resale date comes around just to be confident they play nice - a friend of mine messaged me at fucking 22:45 on Monday saying he was having problem paying his balance because it was the first time he'd used his new card online and was having SCA issues. I ended up putting it on my card, but in the resale there's no as much time to improvise.

Absolutely this … I just checked my revolute and it wasn’t set up for online payments …. A pretty quick fix but one I wouldn’t want in a 5 min countdown window 

On 3/9/2022 at 5:46 PM, crazyfool1 said:

@yehbutnobut   @chemica @plot2pot @Jensescapade @Bovla  @Barnabybear  @glastogirl88    @thefudgefactory @Watergirl @mickthevoice @danssol @Boris I’m setting up a watts app group for the resale .., please pm me contact details if you wish to be included … no problem if you don’t … you’ll still remain on the spreadsheet … and if I’ve not tagged you I likely have your number already but feel free to Dm me anyway … 2 weeks untill first sale 🙂 

PM sent.