"Breaking News"

marathonsteve

3 hours ago, Neil said:

just filling in a blank from last year, i've said i've been unwell, and in hospital, but haven't said what happened, so time fror a reveal: i had a massive stroke: i lost movement in my left arm and leg, movement is back in my leg, but not normal i use a wheelchair and/or a stick,  the wife was told i'd lost my sight in my left eye, thankfully that didn't happen.

i'm on my way to a full recovery but life's a struggle when i need assistance to do lots of normal things. such as getting dressed.

doing glastonbury is going to be difficult but i'll try. 🙂 

It took a lot of courage to open up about this - the community are with you - really hope you can make it in June!

Glad to hear you are on road to recovery Neil -  it is slow but you can hopefully get a lot more mobility back with physio and patience. Hope you manage to find a cat /kitten at some point too. Hopefully 2022 will be a much better year for you. Take care. 

7 hours ago, Neil said:

just filling in a blank from last year, i've said i've been unwell, and in hospital, but haven't said what happened, so time fror a reveal: i had a massive stroke: i lost movement in my left arm and leg, movement is back in my leg, but not normal i use a wheelchair and/or a stick,  the wife was told i'd lost my sight in my left eye, thankfully that didn't happen.

i'm on my way to a full recovery but life's a struggle when i need assistance to do lots of normal things. such as getting dressed.

I'm sorry to hear this Neil but relieved to hear you're on the way to a recovery. I'm sure I speak for many when I say I owe a huge debt to you. Simply put, without this forum and the countless hours you've put in to support and run it, I would have stopped going to glastonbury years ago, I would not have the amazing camping group I'm part of and would not have met so many amazing people. The ripple effect you created when you helped me set up a private group on here in 2013 to create Camp Ralph is incalculable. 

There will be no shortage of people who will help you round GF2022 ❤️

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Keithy said:

I'm sorry to hear this Neil but relieved to hear you're on the way to a recovery. I'm sure I speak for many when I say I owe a huge debt to you. Simply put, without this forum and the countless hours you've put in to support and run it, I would have stopped going to glastonbury years ago, I would not have the amazing camping group I'm part of and would not have met so many amazing people. The ripple effect you created when you helped me set up a private group on here in 2013 to create Camp Ralph is incalculable. 

There will be no shortage of people who will help you round GF2022 ❤️

All of this @eFestivals.

I was lucky enough to be part of that group that came together thanks to these forums plus the online existence that I'd never have ever gained on my own without the info I pick up from here. All the joy that brings me wouldn't be there without this place.

It's so good to hear you are on the road to recovery. 

Thanks for the good wishes I've got to give thanks to these guys

https://www.bristolafterstroke.org.uk/

So good their programme is being rolled out nationwide by the NHS. Their next steps course was a great mix of physio and talks, with some great I fro from the talks and the physio led by a uni lecturer with support from his students best physio I've had. 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

@Neil @eFestivals can you clear inbox please as you aren’t accepting dms … Thanks will clear my inbox 

Edited by Neil

All the best to you Neil, can't have been easy so really well done to you. I've had quite a shit year myself health wise but like you I've been put through the system and slowly but surely I'm improving.

Happy New Year to you and everyone else here.

• 3 weeks later...

ok so some really good news on this and a massive thanks to all who donated .... @Pinrut suggested to me that we might do some form of collection for @Neil to help him towards that massive achievement of getting to Glastonbury ..... ive mananged to reach as many of the regular and active users as ive been able to via DMS , and apologies if ive missed you but weve managed to raise £1100 towards that effort 🙂 what an amazing community we have on here .

https://gofund.me/0d1aecea

over to Neil now to let you know what the money will be spent on 🙂 

• Upvote 17

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ok so some really good news on this and a massive thanks to all who donated .... @Pinrut suggested to me that we might do some form of collection for @Neil to help him towards that massive achievement of getting to Glastonbury ..... ive mananged to reach as many of the regular and active users as ive been able to via DMS , and apologies if ive missed you but weve managed to raise £1100 towards that effort 🙂 what an amazing community we have on here .

Brilliant - great work behind the scenes organising all this @crazyfool1 and good effort to everyone donated. I hope the money helps @Neil! Take care. 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

You absolutely, unequivocally love to see it. 

If it were me, I'd buy a box of Twix's and a giant ladder.

3 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Brilliant - great work behind the scenes organising all this @crazyfool1 and good effort to everyone donated. I hope the money helps @Neil! Take care. 

An absolute pleasure ... this site has been a lifesaver through some tough times of the pandemic ... and its helped so many people over the years 

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Only just aware of the funding page. Great work by all the organisers. Thanks for everything @Neil, hope we can get you to the farm.

On 12/31/2021 at 12:53 PM, Neil said:

So sorry that I missed this news at the time. So glad you are on your way to a full recovery.

6 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Sorry had completely missed this as well. Just donated.