RATM

Mr Benn

13 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Looks like a standalone gig too, as opposed to a watered down Leeds crowd show.

Think Ingliston has a capacity of 30k so would potentially be a better atmosphere. 

I think I read that Connect has a 15k capacity and I assume they’ll just be using the same stage but maybe not.

3 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Day tickets for Leeds was c£90 I think. So I would be expecting them to be around £70 for Edinburgh

I must say, Edinburgh has now become a real player in the gig market over the last few years. It's a real welcome change for me as a local. Long may it continue. 

Yeah this is noticeable even from Glasgow. Between the O2 Academy takeover at the Corn Exchange, the Ingliston gigs and even the Princes St Summer Sessions gigs, it certainly seems like there’s a lot more big events in Edinburgh than there were five or six years ago. It means a bit more travelling for me but if it means more big events in Scotland then that can only be a good thing.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

I think I read that Connect has a 15k capacity and I assume they’ll just be using the same stage but maybe not.

Yeah this is noticeable even from Glasgow. Between the O2 Academy takeover at the Corn Exchange, the Ingliston gigs and even the Princes St Summer Sessions gigs, it certainly seems like there’s a lot more big events in Edinburgh than there were five or six years ago. It means a bit more travelling for me but if it means more big events in Scotland then that can only be a good thing.

The good thing about Ingilston is that there are two main halls/venues (similar to the SECC). The main outdoor south arena holds up to 35k and the indoor hall holds 12k. 

I'd be surprised if RATM were not on the outdoor stage. Will be interesting to see if they can sell - esp as the Leeds day still hasn't. 

The Usher Hall is also getting a lot of attention just now - I was at Foals last night for example. Leon Bridges playing there week after Glastonbury too, for example. 

10 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Day tickets for Leeds was c£90 I think. So I would be expecting them to be around £70 for Edinburgh

I must say, Edinburgh has now become a real player in the gig market over the last few years. It's a real welcome change for me as a local. Long may it continue. 

Aye reckon around £70 is about right, though didn’t expect the NIN tickets at the academy to be £75!! So you never know 

1 hour ago, adequate8 said:

7F1BAECE-8565-417A-96CC-FA8028B675E2.jpeg

Still don't understand what the hell they are doing. Playing that two low size festivals in Spain is embarrassing. They are doing a tour like they are Kaiser Chiefs...

They had to years to come back with a decent tour and it is still the same shit. 

Edited by AlexOvd

13 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Still don't understand what the hell they are doing. Playing that two low size festivals in Spain is embarrassing. They are doing a tour like they are Kaiser Chiefs...

They had to years to come back with a decent tour and it is still the same shit. 

Next year june/july they will be back for biggest rock festivals and probably solo shows

3 hours ago, AlexOvd said:

I think all of this has been thrown together very last minute. 

5 hours ago, AlexOvd said:

Isn't mad cool 80k per day. 

20 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

25k cap the Edinburgh show. Same stage as the main stage they're using for Connect Festival. There's a number of solo shows there throughout the summer 

Do you know if the June gigs there are also 25k capacity? There’s a real mix of acts playing there and I noticed that other than Biffy Clyro none have sold out but anything close to 25k would be very ambitious for most of those acts. 

7 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Do you know if the June gigs there are also 25k capacity? There’s a real mix of acts playing there and I noticed that other than Biffy Clyro none have sold out but anything close to 25k would be very ambitious for most of those acts. 

I'd guess the ones in June are less, but I'll find out over the weekend and confirm 

11 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I'd guess the ones in June are less, but I'll find out over the weekend and confirm 

Ah fair enough, was just curious as there surely isn’t anywhere near that number of people desperate to see Richard Ashcroft. 25k sounds like a decent amount for RATM though, maybe not an instant sellout but they should do well there.

10 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

25k cap the Edinburgh show. Same stage as the main stage they're using for Connect Festival. There's a number of solo shows there throughout the summer 

This cap is a good thing for us punters as it's a relatively small amount (compared to Leeds main stage or when I saw them at TITP in 2008), which will consist solely of RATM fans.

I expect the energy to be off the scale!!!