RATM

Mr Benn

9 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Very last minute drop-out of Coachella that was sourced as concern over covid on RATM's behalf. So that's the first thing. Then there's a bit of guesswork about why you would can your most visible/lucrative date in spring but leave the rest of the tour untouched.

No idea what this means for R&L — it's 7 months away. But something is up in Rage's camp (at the very least, Brad Wilk's recent surgery to fix ongoing knee problems.)

Festivals that were assumed to be announced last week, or even the week before, with RATM as headliner have yet to jump. Boston Calling's teaser tweet lies in awkward silence. Put all the above together, and it isn't the greatest vote of confidence, basically.

But you can't officially cancel something that hasn't been announced? I guess time will tell. As a day ticket holder for Reading I live in hope!

1 minute ago, Justiceforcedave said:

But you can't officially cancel something that hasn't been announced? I guess time will tell. As a day ticket holder for Reading I live in hope!

There is no evidence at all, just speculation.

Maybe they were never playing Coachella 2 years on from previous festival and you would imagine they would have known they were not playing when announcing they were playing Leeds, Reading and France. 

No reason for them not to play an outdoor festival in August and make a few pounds to do so. 

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

If there was ever a band needed to release something new.

Rage turning up and banging out the old hits again, which were unique to their time, nearly 25 years after the last album.... its a bit Billy Joel. 

Dunno about that.  They ran out of ideas midway through their first album.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 1/18/2022 at 4:37 PM, Ddiamondd said:

Er yeah, except there was verified evidence from multiple outlets that they were playing Coachella 2022. You're just making up extra speculation that they weren't there as pretext for hanging on to the R&L date, which is ironic. Good luck!

Speculation over, I will look forward to seeing them at Leeds 🙂

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

Announcement soon? 

Some dates already leaked like Antwerpen, Krakow, Prague. And it looks like they are coming to Croatia

Electric Picnic also announced next week and that was on Rage’s list for 2020. 

what are the dates for the cities you’ve listed?