RATM

Mr Benn

28 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You have to think that if they’re wobbling over the prospect of coming over here in August then a jaunt over in June probably isn’t going to appeal either.

Oh, I totally agree. It's looking very much like 2023 for Zack and the Lads tour, isn't it? I found it strange how they'd not advertised the fact that they're playing Rock en Seine, Leeds and Reading when those festivals announced. If the rumours are true, I'll be disappointed, as I got a day ticket for Reading predominantly for them (as I did for 2020). I wonder if Reading and Leeds would be happy to try for a third time or chalk this one off and focus on other acts in 2023. I don't think the Rage day tickets have sold out, have they? Let's be honest, Arctic Monkeys alone have shifted those weekend tickets. 

Back to Glastonbury though, if ever there was a stage for Rage's brand of incendiary, politically-charged riffs and rhymes, it's the Pyramid. Would absolutely be one for the ages...if you're there...I doubt that they'd allow the revolution to be televised. 

On 1/10/2022 at 10:12 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Oh, I totally agree. It's looking very much like 2023 for Zack and the Lads tour, isn't it? I found it strange how they'd not advertised the fact that they're playing Rock en Seine, Leeds and Reading when those festivals announced. If the rumours are true, I'll be disappointed, as I got a day ticket for Reading predominantly for them (as I did for 2020). I wonder if Reading and Leeds would be happy to try for a third time or chalk this one off and focus on other acts in 2023. I don't think the Rage day tickets have sold out, have they? Let's be honest, Arctic Monkeys alone have shifted those weekend tickets. 

Back to Glastonbury though, if ever there was a stage for Rage's brand of incendiary, politically-charged riffs and rhymes, it's the Pyramid. Would absolutely be one for the ages...if you're there...I doubt that they'd allow the revolution to be televised. 

What rumours? Are they pulling out of R&L?

50 minutes ago, Mr Benn said:

Oh wow. Wonder why they pulled out?

Rumour has it they're still not comfortable with touring whilst COVID remains as prevalent. I don't think there's been any reference to cancelling any other shows on the tour other than Coachella but you have to think the whole tour is at risk. Who knows, they might just be twitchy about the earlier shows? We'll soon see...

20 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Rumour has it they're still not comfortable with touring whilst COVID remains as prevalent. I don't think there's been any reference to cancelling any other shows on the tour other than Coachella but you have to think the whole tour is at risk. Who knows, they might just be twitchy about the earlier shows? We'll soon see...

Or they just didn’t want to play Coachella in particular for other reasons? Have they said anywhere it’s because of COVID? 

5 minutes ago, Mr Benn said:

Or they just didn’t want to play Coachella in particular for other reasons? Have they said anywhere it’s because of COVID? 

That's a fair point. I can't specifically recall anything to that effect, there's been a lot said about it, I think the rumours link the dropout due to COVID concerns, but that maybe due to their previous comment along the lines of not touring until being confident it would be safe for their fans. Maybe April is just too close for comfort?

7 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That's a fair point. I can't specifically recall anything to that effect, there's been a lot said about it, I think the rumours link the dropout due to COVID concerns, but that maybe due to their previous comment along the lines of not touring until being confident it would be safe for their fans. Maybe April is just too close for comfort?

Could be for a number of reasons I guess 

19 hours ago, Mr Benn said:

They were already booked for the cancelled 2020 festival, which was announced just as Covid was really kicking off.