Truck 2022

gfa

16 minutes ago, Aggypops said:

Interesting, if this has been in place back in January when I bought the ticket I’d be completely fine with it, but I double checked and it said there wasn’t a specific limit, I don’t think they’ve even officially announced it on twitter or anywhere? It’s the stress of sneaking it in now in order to enjoy yourself, rather than queuing for ages to pay £6/£7 for a pint. Thought truck seemed quite liberal in this sense, looks like I was wrong 😂

I can remember the glory days (up till 2016) when you could just bring in as much as you wanted.

Sadly, its been bought a couple of times by various companies with no connection to the local area or its original ethos and has just turned into 'another festival' in that respect. 

I've not seen it announced anywhere either, and I suspect there is going to be a lot of arguing at the wristband exchange gate next week.

11 minutes ago, Plastercaster said:

Just received my tickets. It says I will need to show tickets and photo ID to get a wristband. I have three tickets, one has my name on it but the other two don't match the people coming. Will they still be able to get in? I hate touts as much as the next guy but this is a real pain in the hole.

Can you request the names to be changed?

2 minutes ago, Plastercaster said:

It says *non-refundable and non-changeable on the ticket so I don't think so. There are tickets on twickets so it seems like some people are chancing it...

Most places accept re-sale tickets via twickets if you bring the paper work with the ticket. It might be a little more tricky if you purchased them from some other seller. If you did buy them via twickets, it could be worth sending an anonomous email asking about twickets tickets.  A lot of tickets saw non-changable but accept twicket sales.

2 hours ago, Plastercaster said:

It says *non-refundable and non-changeable on the ticket so I don't think so. There are tickets on twickets so it seems like some people are chancing it...

I have the same situation, I’ve emailed the ticketing email address about it

5 hours ago, Tonybyates said:

I have the same situation, I’ve emailed the ticketing email address about it

Appreciate not a lot of help but I emailed last week, had a reply early this week saying they'd change the name free of charge if I supplied the new name. Tickets then came through with the old name and haven't had a reply back yet though. 

I suspect there's a fair few in the same situation, would have thought as long as you can show the lead booker is with you it'll be fine to get in even if it's a bit of a pain at the gate. Also vaguely remember reading the T&C's mention reselling as long as it's to someone known and not greater than face value. 

9 hours ago, MrRadioactiveCake said:

Appreciate not a lot of help but I emailed last week, had a reply early this week saying they'd change the name free of charge if I supplied the new name. Tickets then came through with the old name and haven't had a reply back yet though. 

I suspect there's a fair few in the same situation, would have thought as long as you can show the lead booker is with you it'll be fine to get in even if it's a bit of a pain at the gate. Also vaguely remember reading the T&C's mention reselling as long as it's to someone known and not greater than face value. 

Just an update on ticket queries - the name change has come through this morning and they just resent the etickets with the correction.

19 hours ago, Aggypops said:

Interesting, if this has been in place back in January when I bought the ticket I’d be completely fine with it, but I double checked and it said there wasn’t a specific limit, I don’t think they’ve even officially announced it on twitter or anywhere? It’s the stress of sneaking it in now in order to enjoy yourself, rather than queuing for ages to pay £6/£7 for a pint. Thought truck seemed quite liberal in this sense, looks like I was wrong 😂

Just went on their website and if you scroll to the bottom they have their Event Terms and Conditions which links to this > Truck_Event_Terms_2021.pdf (truckfestival.com)

image.png.5c3607242d928357047a0b987c7790dd.png

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Just went on their website and if you scroll to the bottom they have their Event Terms and Conditions which links to this > Truck_Event_Terms_2021.pdf (truckfestival.com)

image.png.5c3607242d928357047a0b987c7790dd.png

It’s quite clever really, their website in the faq section since I bought the tickets has said as much as you like for personal consumption. The terms for this year on my booking also didn’t include the mention of a permitted allowance yesterday either but it’s been updated as the link in the email takes you to a webpage. Seems like they might do this each year, catch out newbies like me. Seems really unfair, I’ll be sneaking it in but it seems extremely shady to impose the limit a week before knowing everyone’s got tickets. It’s like false advertising. They also won’t dare tweet about it or reply to my tweets asking what the allowance is 😂 But I’m guessing there’s nothing anyone can do, just been shafted 😂

2 minutes ago, Aggypops said:

It’s quite clever really, their website in the faq section since I bought the tickets has said as much as you like for personal consumption. The terms for this year on my booking also didn’t include the mention of a permitted allowance yesterday either but it’s been updated as the link in the email takes you to a webpage. Seems like they might do this each year, catch out newbies like me. Seems really unfair, I’ll be sneaking it in but it seems extremely shady to impose the limit a week before knowing everyone’s got tickets. It’s like false advertising. They also won’t dare tweet about it or reply to my tweets asking what the allowance is 😂 But I’m guessing there’s nothing anyone can do, just been shafted 😂

I put a message on our groups Whatsapp for the festival and no one else was aware of it.

Its a shame really, I've been going to Truck since the 2nd one in 1999 and seen it blossom from 400 odd people in a field to 20,000 (or whatever it is) but along the way it seems to have lost a lot of that community spirit which it was initially about...just money making vultures have swooped in and changed a lot of it for the worse.

Up until 2015 you were allowed to bring in alcohol to the arena, which they then tried to change just before the 2016 festival, until most people kicked off about it and they relented, but of course all they did was change the T&Cs for the 2017 event, and so since then its been pay the prices they set or drink in your campsite.

Now it seems they are going one further and limiting what you can bring into the campsite, which is a shame because a lot of the attendees are younger and can't afford arena prices all weekend.

Bad form from the organisers. 😞 

21 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I put a message on our groups Whatsapp for the festival and no one else was aware of it.

Its a shame really, I've been going to Truck since the 2nd one in 1999 and seen it blossom from 400 odd people in a field to 20,000 (or whatever it is) but along the way it seems to have lost a lot of that community spirit which it was initially about...just money making vultures have swooped in and changed a lot of it for the worse.

Up until 2015 you were allowed to bring in alcohol to the arena, which they then tried to change just before the 2016 festival, until most people kicked off about it and they relented, but of course all they did was change the T&Cs for the 2017 event, and so since then its been pay the prices they set or drink in your campsite.

Now it seems they are going one further and limiting what you can bring into the campsite, which is a shame because a lot of the attendees are younger and can't afford arena prices all weekend.

Bad form from the organisers. 😞 

I don’t like sounding like a Karen but I feel like it’s a problem for a few reasons, best part for me about festivals is sitting round camp with your mates drinking between bands or of a night time, which if you stick to the limit you could probably do for about two days max, then there’s queuing at the bars themselves in the arena which in busy times you can be waiting in the sun for ages, then the bars are chaos, really detracts from the festival experience for me. Seems quite anti-festival, I’ve done 30ish festivals over the years, including ones with alcohol limits (nass, boomtown, boardmasters), I’ve always successfully snuck it in, just prefer to not have the anxiety at security 😂 it’s a shame about truck becoming corporate though, probably the case for all festivals as they get bigger sadly, their marketing seemed like they were an independent which was a big draw, either way I can’t wait, lineup suits me down to the ground! 

Edited by Aggypops

6 minutes ago, Aggypops said:

I don’t like sounding like a Karen but I feel like it’s a problem for a few reasons, best part for me about festivals is sitting round camp with your mates drinking between bands or of a night time, which if you stick to the limit you could probably do for about two days max, then there’s queuing at the bars themselves in the arena which in busy times you can be waiting in the sun for ages, then the bars are chaos, really detracts from the festival experience for me. Seems quite anti-festival, I’ve done 30ish festivals over the years, including ones with alcohol limits (nass, boomtown, boardmasters), I’ve always successfully snuck it in, just prefer to not have anxiety at security 😂 it’s a shame about truck becoming corporate though, probably the case for all festivals as they get bigger sadly, their marketing seemed like they were an independent which was a big draw, either way I can’t wait, lineup suits me down to the ground! 

I would agree with most of that, at least Reading have always been consistent 'nothing in the arena but do what you like in the campsite' , Global Gathering was even worse, you couldn't take your own alcohol in and then a crate of 24 cans was £50 (and that was back in 2011!)

Truck really was independent, and you would usually know someone who had something to do with some part of it.  Unfortunately the two brothers who started it got a bit out of their depth and in 2011 made a bit of a mess with the line up and a few other things which led to it going bust, and then the Y Not Festival  team rescued it for 2012, who to be fair, kept a lot of the same ethos.

However, it got sold to Global Festivals just before the 2016 festival who, due to it being so close to the event date didn't try to do much (apart from the alcohol in the arena thing), but when it came back in 2017 the whole thing had completely changed (I missed it that year but most of my friends went), huge name bands which was good, but they made the whole site a lot bigger and imposed a lot of glamping and extra rules and regulations which have been in place ever since, its kinda lost its soul a little bit for me, a lot of local people don't bother with it anymore but I guess that's the perils of now being a 20,000 faceless event with loads of silly rules that people don't like.

I still go as i'm 5 miles down the road and like going to live music!

Anyone who purchased parking - did you receive a parking e-ticket, or something physical in the post? 

I haven't received anything; my Kaboodle account says "Parking hangar posted",  but I moved house last year.

It's really frustrating as I'd emailed Truck/Kaboodle checking if I needed to update my address with them, and they said that wouldn't be an issue because everything would be an e-ticket, but right now it's looking like that's not the case...

12 minutes ago, neved386 said:

Anyone who purchased parking - did you receive a parking e-ticket, or something physical in the post? 

I haven't received anything; my Kaboodle account says "Parking hangar posted",  but I moved house last year.

It's really frustrating as I'd emailed Truck/Kaboodle checking if I needed to update my address with them, and they said that wouldn't be an issue because everything would be an e-ticket, but right now it's looking like that's not the case...

I didn't get a ticket emailed to me with my festival entry ticket and they emailed back with this: 

image.png.fd76c4e9b0ad73fdbebb7e0d327d321d.png

Just now, Geodude12 said:

Just won some free camping tickets, what’s the best way to get to and from site from London if you don’t drive? Cheers 

Train from Paddington > Didcot Parkway, takes about 40 mins.  Then use the shuttle bus to the site timetable here:

Truck-Festival-Shuttle-July-2022-V4.pdf (truckfestival.com) 

• Like 1