Truck 2022

gfa

23 hours ago, ljb1995 said:

Hi all, 

looking forward to this one and it’s my first time.

what is the festival like once the main music is done for the day?

cheers

just remembered the late night old dance/indie bar was 'the taproom' next to the fairground

image.png.321c657c0d6eba93f67c94b88edc5bb4.png

41 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

Completely forgot that the The Nest was now the closest one to Zodiac, good for me! The Market Stage was there the year before that but can see why they moved it down, way more space down there and less chance of a mudbath by Zodiac if it rains.

Won't be raining this year mate! 😄 

Abingdon - BBC Weather

On 7/4/2022 at 1:40 PM, JJrock69 said:

Whats the deal with booze at this festival? Will be my first time at truck. 

Are we allowed to bring in as much as we want, multiple trips back to the car etc? Can we bring it into the arena like Glasto & Trees?

Just seen this on the FAQs!

image.png.75dde798a0143cb801db5e11bd6356f9.png

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Yep much the same as before the break.

how tightly they police it generally depends on who you are really, if you’re a large group of teenagers or 20 somethings you can probably expect to have more detailed checks. If you’re a middle aged old git like me, who’s been to a festival or large open air gig every year since 1989, then they tend not to bother too much 😜

has to be some perks 😆☀️🍺🎶

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tonybyates said:

Yep much the same as before the break.

how tightly they police it generally depends on who you are really, if you’re a large group of teenagers or 20 somethings you can probably expect to have more detailed checks. If you’re a middle aged old git like me, who’s been to a festival or large open air gig every year since 1989, then they tend not to bother too much 😜

has to be some perks 😆☀️🍺🎶

TBH I don't think they will mind if its the odd can here and there over the threshold....

5 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I was planning to bring 3 boxes of white claw & a bottle of spiced rum. 

Its me (28) and my mate (33) who are going (not sure how much hes bringing) so i don't think they'll cause much of a fuss over that. 

17 minutes ago, JJrock69 said:

I was planning to bring 3 boxes of white claw & a bottle of spiced rum. 

Its me (28) and my mate (33) who are going (not sure how much hes bringing) so i don't think they'll cause much of a fuss over that. 

Might be worth hiding the decanted spiced rum in your tent when you go through the gates. 😉 

Anyone else think that’s a bit of a joke? 
Only just added this alcohol limit, before it just said ‘personal consumption’ which for the majority of attendees is a lot more than what they’re saying it should be. Spend all that money on a ticket, fuel, camping supplies, spend a fortune when you’re there on food/ drink, and last minute they say you can have cans OR 70cl of spirits in the camping area? Not very festival like at all. If that was the case when buying the ticket then fair enough, their festival their terms, to add it a week before seems a bit of a joke to me 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Aggypops said:

Anyone else think that’s a bit of a joke? 
Only just added this alcohol limit, before it just said ‘personal consumption’ which for the majority of attendees is a lot more than what they’re saying it should be. Spend all that money on a ticket, fuel, camping supplies, spend a fortune when you’re there on food/ drink, and last minute they say you can have cans OR 70cl of spirits in the camping area? Not very festival like at all. If that was the case when buying the ticket then fair enough, their festival their terms, to add it a week before seems a bit of a joke to me 

I just found the T&Cs from my booking confirmation from 2019...so looks like this 24 cans or 1 box of wine etc is a new rule for 2022

image.png.e943affe913ded9f28b3981fd8feca2c.png

5 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I just found the T&Cs from my booking confirmation from 2019...so looks like this 24 cans or 1 box of wine etc is a new rule for 2022

image.png.e943affe913ded9f28b3981fd8feca2c.png

Interesting, if this has been in place back in January when I bought the ticket I’d be completely fine with it, but I double checked and it said there wasn’t a specific limit, I don’t think they’ve even officially announced it on twitter or anywhere? It’s the stress of sneaking it in now in order to enjoy yourself, rather than queuing for ages to pay £6/£7 for a pint. Thought truck seemed quite liberal in this sense, looks like I was wrong 😂