Truck 2022

gfa

24 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

Kasabian were so fucking good

I was walking back up the hill to red car parking during Fire with a heavy heart as kinda wanted to stay but we wanted to get away quickly. We stoped at the top of the hill for one final look and any sunken heart instantly went. Watching the crowd jump and sway with the lights on while screaming FIRE was trully magical. It was such an amazing sight and then the fireworks went off and it seemed like they were right next to us. Such a great way to end the weekend for us. 

• Like 1

Music wise, I had an absolute brilliant time.  The Murder Capital was the highlight for me, I've been wanting to see them for awhile.

Missed a good chunk of Sam Fender but it was worth it to see Shame in full (and then Elvana!), plus I saw him last week anyway.  Thought Blossoms and BBC were both very solid, and Kasabian were just so much fun - Serge makes a good front man. 

My main complaint is around toilets. My experience in 2019 was largely one of shock at how clean the portaloos generally were throughout the day in both the arena and general camping.  Only the last night was bad.  This year however, it felt like there had not been an increase in toilets in spite of the increase in attendees, and that there was v limited cleaning.  I was staying in Zodiac and there was rarely soap, or loo roll. I get it's a festival, and you need to expect some grossness, but quite the contrast to my 2019 exp in general camping.  

I was lucky as I showered at 5am-ish each day, but housemates fed back that the shower queues were also incredibly long, and the showers weren't clean at all. Plus they consistently had hot water issues when I used them.  

Overall, I had a brill time and these are relatively minor complaints compared to the great music.  

46 minutes ago, neved386 said:

Music wise, I had an absolute brilliant time.  The Murder Capital was the highlight for me, I've been wanting to see them for awhile.

Missed a good chunk of Sam Fender but it was worth it to see Shame in full (and then Elvana!), plus I saw him last week anyway.  Thought Blossoms and BBC were both very solid, and Kasabian were just so much fun - Serge makes a good front man. 

My main complaint is around toilets. My experience in 2019 was largely one of shock at how clean the portaloos generally were throughout the day in both the arena and general camping.  Only the last night was bad.  This year however, it felt like there had not been an increase in toilets in spite of the increase in attendees, and that there was v limited cleaning.  I was staying in Zodiac and there was rarely soap, or loo roll. I get it's a festival, and you need to expect some grossness, but quite the contrast to my 2019 exp in general camping.  

I was lucky as I showered at 5am-ish each day, but housemates fed back that the shower queues were also incredibly long, and the showers weren't clean at all. Plus they consistently had hot water issues when I used them.  

Overall, I had a brill time and these are relatively minor complaints compared to the great music.  

Agreed with everything there, did the same with Shame and Sam too since I saw him at finsbury. Only saw Sam from the back but his voice seemed a bit off compared to other gigs he's done recently. Blossoms, Sports Team, Shame, Courting, Kasabian my highlights of the weekend. Blossoms surprised me a lot they put on a really good show and the cover was brilliant too.

First Truck, worked as a Jolly Green Sherpa so got staff camping and it seemed much better with free showers and a lot of space. Highlights for me were Sundara Karma, The Magic Gang, Kasabian and Fender. Blossoms were amazing and an added bonus after working all day.

such a brilliant festival, having only attended Reading as a weekend festival I must say it is miles better, the vibe was immaculate and there was just so many amazing people. 
i am now in agony with blisters but my god is it worth it, such an amazing weekend, I’ll certainly be back next year 

I really enjoyed it. Saw lots of bands in The Nest and a few others elsewhere. Subways were probably the best but there were lots of good ones, I was pretty impressed by The Chase on Sunday.

The site seemed cleaner than previous years, probably helped by the lack of plastic cups - they could have more bars selling draught beer rather than cans to help cut down more on waste, but I suspect that would increase the queuing time.

Only real issues I noticed were unclean toilets (apart from by the Market Stage which always seemed clean and where people queued properly) and the water pouring out of sinks in the main arena, not sure why there wasn't any drainage system in place. 

Good weekend overall, Sam Fender & Kasabian were brilliant, Sea Girls, Sports Team and Kelis were good on the main stage. Oxford Symphony Orchestra is a great fun set every year. Probably my main highlights, really don't get the Easy Life hype unfortunately.

Was pretty easy getting in and out of Purple car park, just got to wait ages for the trains every so often but very simple!

Zodiac Fields didn't seem that worth it this year; toilets awful most of the time, long queues for showers, felt pretty oversold compared to last time. It is good that you can pop in and out of the arena though as the Arena toilets are even worse! So location is probably the main reason to go for it.

Had a cracker of a fest. Was my first visit and would return if the line up was really strong.

Kasabian were class and serge brings the energy but I still find it hard to separate it from the old kasabian. Other highlights were Blossoms, Yard Act and Sam fender.

I really like how it’s quite easy to get good spots at the stages but the security is a bit inconsistent with approach to booze and other policy.

i camped in zodiac and was underwhelmed - it felt pretty rammed and there was 16 shower so they had fat queues. I ended up showering at 2am each night. Toilets were okay at best and that’s being kind.

we left the campsite at 8am on Monday and we left with no traffic so can’t complain!