Truck 2022

gfa

12 hours ago, Tonybyates said:

Anyone selling any Thursday upgrades?

got 6 of us going but only 4 Thursday tickets at the moment 😆

Sorted out now 👌🏼

looks like Clashfinder.com is down at the moment though 🤷‍♂️
so we’re on the app rather than my clashfinder unless it’s restored by tomorrow morning…

On 7/19/2022 at 2:07 PM, gooner1990 said:

Quite.  I suspect if Reading/Leeds took away the drink what you like in the campsite policy they may lose a lot of their custom....

Truck is about £150,  I mean I think its a bit harsh on young people to only say 6 cans per day and you can only bring them into the campsite, personally I can take 24 in and buy from the arena bars but then again I'm 40 and have an ok paying job, there were times when I didn't when I was younger and going to Truck and taking beer in the campsite/arena helped a lot with me affording the weekend.

yep this, i'm 19 and a student so I can only afford to buy one pint in the arena per day - 2 max. 6 cans a day is a joke

Has anyone seen their post about drug enforcement? Bonkers if you ask me, they should be promoting harm reduction not scaremongering! Does anyone know how effective these ‘’detection dogs’’ are, is this the first time they’re using them? 

14 minutes ago, JJrock69 said:

Has anyone seen their post about drug enforcement? Bonkers if you ask me, they should be promoting harm reduction not scaremongering! Does anyone know how effective these ‘’detection dogs’’ are, is this the first time they’re using them? 

I have just come on here to say the same. Bonkers approach. If they don’t allow drug testing services like the loop on site then they should advocate harm reduction. People will do it regardless.

this post coupled with the booze limits gives me a bit of an iffy vibe from the fest

its my first visit to truck and I wasn’t intending on bringing any drugs but have seen the impact of dodgy drugs at festivals

Edited by ljb1995

13 minutes ago, ljb1995 said:

I have just come on here to say the same. Bonkers approach. If they don’t allow drug testing services like the loop on site then they should advocate harm reduction. People will do it regardless.

this post coupled with the booze limits gives me a bit of an iffy vibe from the fest

its my first visit to truck and I wasn’t intending on bringing any drugs but have seen the impact of dodgy drugs at festivals

I was really looking forward to the festival, but as you’ve said this news coupled with all the other restrictions is giving me a bad vibe. I have some drugs left over from glasto which I know are safe so I’m going to risk taking them in. I’ve faced drug detection dogs before and haven’t had an issue, just giving me anxiety now trying to get them in now. 

I find it funny that they said ‘’Please remember there is no safe way to take drugs’’ is some of the biggest tosh I’ve ever heard. There are safe ways to take drugs just like there is a safe way to drink alcohol which is classed as a drug just not the illicit kind 

• Upvote 1

On 7/19/2022 at 2:07 PM, gooner1990 said:

Quite.  I suspect if Reading/Leeds took away the drink what you like in the campsite policy they may lose a lot of their custom....

Truck is about £150,  I mean I think its a bit harsh on young people to only say 6 cans per day and you can only bring them into the campsite, personally I can take 24 in and buy from the arena bars but then again I'm 40 and have an ok paying job, there were times when I didn't when I was younger and going to Truck and taking beer in the campsite/arena helped a lot with me affording the weekend.

I’m at uni and if you did pint cans 6 a day of stronger beer is workable - especially with smuggled drinks. 100% promotes drug use though although not to the extent music choice does etc

2 hours ago, JJrock69 said:

They’ve had sniffer/drug detection dogs for a few years now.

it’s also worth noting the festival is under new management this year!

3 hours ago, retromoz said:

Could anyone on site give us an idea on food prices please?

Thanks. Be nice to know if I need to remortgage the house or not...

Depends on the place and what you buy,  but as a ball park figure probably ~£10 

(If anyone has any cheap recommendations would much appreciate them!!)

Seemed to be a lot of chairs in the arena considering they were supposed to be banned. Also seemed to be lots of people bringing in cans from the entrance near the Nest.

Saw a few gazebos in general camping. Sort of seems like they are not enforcing the rules.