Truck 2022

gfa

Well this is interesting...just been tipped off about this, looks like the capacity of the festival has jumped from 20,000 in 2019 to 30,000 for this year....

LAVDPS/18016/22 | Vary to the DPS | Current Licence | Hill Farm Church Lane Steventon Abingdon Oxfordshire OX13 6SW (southandvale.gov.uk)

image.thumb.png.b001a782f637c812ab4dd47bf8e27b63.png

Edited by gooner1990
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Well this is interesting...just been tipped off about this, looks like the capacity of the festival has jumped from 20,000 in 2019 to 30,000 for this year....

LAVDPS/18016/22 | Vary to the DPS | Current Licence | Hill Farm Church Lane Steventon Abingdon Oxfordshire OX13 6SW (southandvale.gov.uk)

image.thumb.png.b001a782f637c812ab4dd47bf8e27b63.png

If they increase the capacity then surely they've increased number of staff working, food vendors and even maybe  overall size of the festival etc.. to cope with the increased numbers 

52 minutes ago, JJrock69 said:

If they increase the capacity then surely they've increased number of staff working, food vendors and even maybe  overall size of the festival etc.. to cope with the increased numbers 

Always wondered if the ‘total capacity’ figure has to account for all of the vendors, stewards, artists, first aid etc that isn’t a ‘punter’ I guess it should really 

Smack bang in the middle of a historic heatwave, 3 days before the festival, they're now saying no gazebos...

That extra capacity is going to be really noticeable with everyone packed in much tighter than usual. 

Silly alcohol limits and now this? Festival seems to be losing its soul a bit. Quite a hostile feeling from the festival before it's even started.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah the whole point of bringing a gazebo is for a group of chavs to steal it first day right?!

For real though, a bit unnecessary, if they had concerns about the amount of tents to field space ratio they should have thought about it. Can't see any other reason to ban them?

Hoping the Friday rain moves forward a day! Getting in the excited mood now, updated myself a little Truck playlist on Spotify with bands I think I'll get to see.

Main bands for me: Sam Fender, Sports Team, Courting, Pulled Apart By Horses (and will definitely catch the Oxford Symphony Orchestra and Mr Motivator like every other year!)

Others: Yard Act, Spector, Sea Girls, Sigrid, Noisy, Coach Party, Baby Queen, Bloxx, Kelis, The Kooks, Elvana, Enola Gay, The Hara, Kid Brunswick, Inhaler, Kasabian

Probably end up missing half of the others but hey ho! Bring it all on!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LazyDavid said:

For real though, a bit unnecessary, if they had concerns about the amount of tents to field space ratio they should have thought about it. Can't see any other reason to ban them?

I've no idea of the thought process in play at Truck.But I'm aware of several festivals where they're banned, and in most cases for reasons other than Space. I won't name which is which, but the two main reasons I'm aware of are:

- Safety concerns - specifically with potential wind issues on that site, with Gazebos considered more likely than tents to break loose and go flying.

- Environmental concerns - the festival believes (from what I've seen correctly) that a majority of Gazebos taken to festivals are flimsy 25 quid Argos jobs, and won't get taken home - either because they only last one or two outings, or because that type weigh an absolute ton - so they're more likely to end up half broken and left behind.

Again, no idea if either is the case at Truck, but there are other reasons than space.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

Yeah the whole point of bringing a gazebo is for a group of chavs to steal it first day right?!

Hoping the Friday rain moves forward a day! Getting in the excited mood now, updated myself a little Truck playlist on Spotify with bands I think I'll get to see.

Main bands for me: Sam Fender, Sports Team, Courting, Pulled Apart By Horses (and will definitely catch the Oxford Symphony Orchestra and Mr Motivator like every other year!)

Others: Yard Act, Spector, Sea Girls, Sigrid, Noisy, Coach Party, Baby Queen, Bloxx, Kelis, The Kooks, Elvana, Enola Gay, The Hara, Kid Brunswick, Inhaler, Kasabian

Probably end up missing half of the others but hey ho! Bring it all on!

Was really impressed with Inhaler at Glasto this year, they're a must see imo!

11 hours ago, incident said:

I've no idea of the thought process in play at Truck.But I'm aware of several festivals where they're banned, and in most cases for reasons other than Space. I won't name which is which, but the two main reasons I'm aware of are:

- Safety concerns - specifically with potential wind issues on that site, with Gazebos considered more likely than tents to break loose and go flying.

- Environmental concerns - the festival believes (from what I've seen correctly) that a majority of Gazebos taken to festivals are flimsy 25 quid Argos jobs, and won't get taken home - either because they only last one or two outings, or because that type weigh an absolute ton - so they're more likely to end up half broken and left behind.

Again, no idea if either is the case at Truck, but there are other reasons than space.

Very true, though have seen today they specifically mention space on this poster they sent out, strange one!

poster.png

11 hours ago, incident said:

I can totally understand from a sustainable point of view why they think that people won't take their Gazebos home. But we always do! My group is a big believer of #leavenotrace . If anyone in our group tried to leave anything we would shame them!

We have the same flimsy argos ones we bought in 2018 and they have never come loose or broken! So those who are actually good and don't fancy heatstroke are being punished. I agree with the above poster Nobby. The fest feels a bit hostile already, its a joke. We are going to chance our gazebos anyway, if we all bring them they can't stop us all right!?

14 minutes ago, wackamole said:

I can totally understand from a sustainable point of view why they think that people won't take their Gazebos home. But we always do! My group is a big believer of #leavenotrace . If anyone in our group tried to leave anything we would shame them!

We have the same flimsy argos ones we bought in 2018 and they have never come loose or broken! So those who are actually good and don't fancy heatstroke are being punished. I agree with the above poster Nobby. The fest feels a bit hostile already, its a joke. We are going to chance our gazebos anyway, if we all bring them they can't stop us all right!?

I find it funny how they are blatantly ignoring all the comments from people regarding alcohol limits & gazebos. They do need to address this, people will still purchase alcohol regardless of how much you limit them. I'm not gonna sit there all weekend drinking warm cans when there's nice cold pints of craft in the arena to get my lips around 😛 the also don't realise that having a limit on alcohol will promote more drug use as this is easier to sneak in. And in turn that will stop people from buying booze at the stalls. 

4 minutes ago, JJrock69 said:

I find it funny how they are blatantly ignoring all the comments from people regarding alcohol limits & gazebos. They do need to address this, people will still purchase alcohol regardless of how much you limit them. I'm not gonna sit there all weekend drinking warm cans when there's nice cold pints of craft in the arena to get my lips around 😛 the also don't realise that having a limit on alcohol will promote more drug use as this is easier to sneak in. And in turn that will stop people from buying booze at the stalls. 

This will be my first time at Truck this year and they seemed like a safe bet based on the way they marketed themselves. Now it seems the way they’ve marketed themselves and how they actually act completely contradict each other 😂 they knew exactly what they were doing announcing these things last minute. Leaves a really sour taste, feel sorry for the people who’ve been rolling their tickets over for years to end up being treated like this. Capacity increase also worries me based on the comments of people who have been before, if they’ve not made the site bigger it could feel extremely over crowded. Decisions probably as a result of trying to squeeze as much money out of the event as they can after the cancelled years. Really hoping these things don’t become big issues as they seem like the sort of company that will just take the money and run, ignore the negativity and announce next years lineup 😂

11 minutes ago, JJrock69 said:

Its not like this is an unheard of concept - some festivals have far tighter booze limits and then drug use rises. secret garden party is a good example along with a lot of the other smaller dance festivals

It certainly won't lose them money with a long sold out festival having a booze limit.

3 minutes ago, Aggypops said:

This will be my first time at Truck this year and they seemed like a safe bet based on the way they marketed themselves. Now it seems the way they’ve marketed themselves and how they actually act completely contradict each other 😂 they knew exactly what they were doing announcing these things last minute. Leaves a really sour taste, feel sorry for the people who’ve been rolling their tickets over for years to end up being treated like this. Capacity increase also worries me based on the comments of people who have been before, if they’ve not made the site bigger it could feel extremely over crowded. Decisions probably as a result of trying to squeeze as much money out of the event as they can after the cancelled years. Really hoping these things don’t become big issues as they seem like the sort of company that will just take the money and run, ignore the negativity and announce next years lineup 😂

2019 map

2022 map

Truck-festival-Site-Map-80-scaled.jpg

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Its not like this is an unheard of concept - some festivals have far tighter booze limits and then drug use rises. secret garden party is a good example along with a lot of the other smaller dance festivals

It certainly won't lose them money with a long sold out festival having a booze limit.

Some of this will have come from the local council/licencing authorities.

They go round the campsites and see teenagers/young people drinking themselves silly and impose a condition for the following year.  

Not saying I agree with it, but that is what happens....

8 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Some of this will have come from the local council/licencing authorities.

They go round the campsites and see teenagers/young people drinking themselves silly and impose a condition for the following year.  

Not saying I agree with it, but that is what happens....

Fair enough. How Reading/Leeds still don't have it is beyond me - probably only a matter of time honestly. I think its arguably one of their biggest selling points.

How much is truck this year - 24 cans i think is fairly reasonable - you get some nice cans then smuggle a litre of spirit in and your good to go

25 minutes ago, gfa said:

Fair enough. How Reading/Leeds still don't have it is beyond me - probably only a matter of time honestly. I think its arguably one of their biggest selling points.

How much is truck this year - 24 cans i think is fairly reasonable - you get some nice cans then smuggle a litre of spirit in and your good to go

Quite.  I suspect if Reading/Leeds took away the drink what you like in the campsite policy they may lose a lot of their custom....

Truck is about £150,  I mean I think its a bit harsh on young people to only say 6 cans per day and you can only bring them into the campsite, personally I can take 24 in and buy from the arena bars but then again I'm 40 and have an ok paying job, there were times when I didn't when I was younger and going to Truck and taking beer in the campsite/arena helped a lot with me affording the weekend.