Truck 2022

gfa

17 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

Yeah it's portaloos usually with loo roll in!

Getting more excited each day for this, got Zodiac on top of my ticket again this year, do love just popping in and out of the arena all day

How is Zodiac camping? Doing it for the first time this year, and not sure what to expect 

3 hours ago, neved386 said:

How is Zodiac camping? Doing it for the first time this year, and not sure what to expect 

It's pretty decent; camp right next to the arena, never that crowded/loud, proper toilet and some showers (can be a 30 min wait in the morning but by 12 there's barely a queue)

5 hours ago, TheBoz said:

Anyone received their tickets yet or know when they are likely to be sent out?

should start sending next week or maybe end of this week. could always pop them an email and ask 🙂

On 7/4/2022 at 1:40 PM, JJrock69 said:

Whats the deal with booze at this festival? Will be my first time at truck. 

Are we allowed to bring in as much as we want, multiple trips back to the car etc? Can we bring it into the arena like Glasto & Trees?

No, they binned off letting people bring it in to the arena about 5-6 years ago.

Watch out too as some bars will sell cans and others pints for roughly the same cost. 

20 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

No, they binned off letting people bring it in to the arena about 5-6 years ago.

Watch out too as some bars will sell cans and others pints for roughly the same cost. 

That's understandable really, i just hope they'll let me go back to my car so I can grab my booze as i wont be able to bring all my stuff in on one run. 

Thanks for the heads up, will definitely stick to the bars that sell pints! If i want a can i'll go back to camp and skull one! 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, JJrock69 said:

That's understandable really, i just hope they'll let me go back to my car so I can grab my booze as i wont be able to bring all my stuff in on one run. 

Thanks for the heads up, will definitely stick to the bars that sell pints! If i want a can i'll go back to camp and skull one! 

I'm not 100% sure they allow booze on re-entry nowadays (yes very annoying!), might be best to check with Truck first

29 minutes ago, JJrock69 said:

It caused a bit of a stink at the time as one of the good things about Truck was you could take a barrel load of booze in with you...however once they got bought by a company from London that all changed.

Obviously the festival hasn't been on for three years so things may have moved around but the bar by the main stage was selling cans last time....there was another bar in the middle of the market stall that was pumping out old 80s and 90s tunes till 2am and that was selling pints...and had mostly older people like me propping up the bar and chatting crap to randoms. 😄

Its a good little festival, I've been to most of them since it started as I only live 2 miles away and seen it grow from 400 people to 20,000!

4 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

I'm not 100% sure they allow booze on re-entry nowadays (yes very annoying!), might be best to check with Truck first

Yeh I can't recall either tbh.....you might be right however I just checked their alcohol FAQ and can't see it being mentioned.

Safeguarding & Security - Truck Festival

TBH even if that is the case its such a small site you could just bring your tent and booze in on the first run then go back out for everything else afterwards....

9 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Yeh I can't recall either tbh.....you might be right however I just checked their alcohol FAQ and can't see it being mentioned.

Safeguarding & Security - Truck Festival

TBH even if that is the case its such a small site you could just bring your tent and booze in on the first run then go back out for everything else afterwards....

That's very true, it's why I find Truck so good, a minimal walk to the car and back! 

21 hours ago, retromoz said:

Hello.

First time trucker etc. etc.

PLEASE tell me there will be a shop somewhere selling fresh milk? I need my tea in the morning. And.......i guess I can use UHT......if I have to...But id REALLY rather not.

Ta. 🙂

Don't worry. I know now. X

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'd wager around brunchtime, but not sure, I will say. Hopefully there's a heads-up soon.

Yh fingers crossed, really looking forward to it. Working for the Jolly Green Sherpas so if you see a really lanky twat with a bucket hat and a wheelbarrow please do say hi

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, ljb1995 said:

Hi all, 

looking forward to this one and it’s my first time.

what is the festival like once the main music is done for the day?

cheers

The main tent has dance/dnb on till 2am....there is also (well there was in 2019) a bar in the main market area that has DJs on till 2am playing a mix of 90s/00s dance and indie music....

Its not a major all night festival, once 2am hits everything in the arena shuts down.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

The main tent has dance/dnb on till 2am....there is also (well there was in 2019) a bar in the main market area that has DJs on till 2am playing a mix of 90s/00s dance and indie music....

Its not a major all night festival, once 2am hits everything in the arena shuts down.

Sounds perfect. After a heavy glasto I’m content with bed at 2am!