Truck 2022

gfa

On 5/20/2022 at 7:23 PM, Dales said:

Hi

I picked up a pair of tickets today via one of the NHS Ticket sites.  My partner has just booked a hotel reasonably near. Does anyone have much experience of getting taxi’s back and forward to off-site accommodation. Is there a taxi rank etc?

is it the sort of festival that allows you to come and go by car? A quick look at the site suggests they don’t. I think they might expect you to park up until the end of the festival. Will probably drop them an email but just wanted to know peoples experiences if staying off site.

Sorry for the questions as I have not done any research as had not planned to go until I saw the offer and had to make an instant call to take the tickets or miss out. Still not really even looked at the line-up. I took the tickets based on vaguely remembering who was headlining.

If it’s not that hard to get a taxi that might be my best option. Far to old to camp with all the bright young things who will be up all night 🙂

I live quite close to the site...which hotel are you staying at ?

I would personally suggest ringing a firm that operates in Abingdon or Didcot or download the Go Green or Royal Cars apps...they work in the same way Uber does. 

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I live quite close to the site...which hotel are you staying at ?

I would personally suggest ringing a firm that operates in Abingdon or Didcot or download the Go Green or Royal Cars apps...they work in the same way Uber does. 

When, I asked about driving/cabs I also emailed Truck and  they have come back and confirmed that it would be fine to drive and leave each day. So the plan is to drive but thanks for the info. Will download the apps as will be handy if we change our mind during the festival and taxi it one day.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, neved386 said:

Does anyone have recommendations for heavier bands on the line up?

There's normally a few dotted around, but I only really know Dinosaur Pile Up (who frustratingly look like they'll clash with Shame) and Pulled Apart by Horses) 

Yep, DPU will clash with Shame!

I can’t miss Shame though, so will make sure I catch DPU at 2000 Trees a couple of weeks earlier 👍🏼

12 hours ago, Tonybyates said:

I can’t miss Shame though, so will make sure I catch DPU at 2000 Trees a couple of weeks earlier 👍🏼

On that note - thanks once again for doing the clashfinder, you are a king!

Do you know if Palace and Alife Templeman are defintely clashing? I will see Alfie at Community a few weeks before, but thats one of my groups worst clashes atm. (Other than The Big Moon and Jaws which is heartbreaking) 😞

3 hours ago, wackamole said:

On that note - thanks once again for doing the clashfinder, you are a king!

Do you know if Palace and Alife Templeman are defintely clashing? I will see Alfie at Community a few weeks before, but thats one of my groups worst clashes atm. (Other than The Big Moon and Jaws which is heartbreaking) 😞

No worries 👍🏼

times not confirmed yet obviously, but it’s highly likely that Palace & AT will clash.

The Market Stage and The Nest generally run concurrently, the exception may be on Friday where Yard Act may get a slightly longer set time as they are billed as special guests in an afternoon slot.  If so, it would probably  have a knock on effect for the rest of the day…

On 6/15/2022 at 12:34 AM, Tonybyates said:

Yeah, I think Shame is the must see set of the weekend for me.  Especially after they had to cancel in 2019!

On 6/18/2022 at 8:30 AM, CRW5252 said:

Just looking at the clashfinder, it says that the headliners don't clash with anything. Is that correct? Or is there an alternative to the headliners? 

Generally, the main stage headliners don’t clash with much

maybe an overlap with a minor stage, but not with the Market Stage or Nest headliners. 
the Truck app, with all the stage times, has now been updated.

someone started updating my Clashfinder last night with the actual times, but now I don’t seem to be able to edit it myself! I’m looking into how they’ve managed to lock me out 😆

• Upvote 1

Fixed the glitch, clashfinder is fully updated with all set times from the app. 
barring any last minute switches, it should be pretty accurate now.

looks like Thursday early entry will be in the main stage for the first time this year, and Blossoms & Kooks get the same length set as the full headliners

• Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 1:22 PM, neved386 said:

Does anyone have recommendations for heavier bands on the line up?

There's normally a few dotted around, but I only really know Dinosaur Pile Up (who frustratingly look like they'll clash with Shame) and Pulled Apart by Horses) 

DITZ and Enola gay are incredible post punk heavier than shame, beach riot are a really good fuzzy alt rock band, courting arent mega heavy but post punk somewhere between sports team and shame, the hara, venus grrrrls, dream nails, gen and the degenerates, Tom lumley, carsick. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2022 at 3:57 PM, bleeegghh said:

DITZ and Enola gay are incredible post punk heavier than shame, beach riot are a really good fuzzy alt rock band, courting arent mega heavy but post punk somewhere between sports team and shame, the hara, venus grrrrls, dream nails, gen and the degenerates, Tom lumley, carsick. 

Thanks! I like Ditz and Courting - will check out the others. 

Anyone whose been before know what type of toilets they have in the arena at Truck? We are not camping so be good to know what the wife will need to contend with, used to Reading where the arena ones are flushablea and Glasto where they are basically all compost!

3 hours ago, Ashl said:

Anyone whose been before know what type of toilets they have in the arena at Truck? We are not camping so be good to know what the wife will need to contend with, used to Reading where the arena ones are flushablea and Glasto where they are basically all compost!

They're usually portaloos, the ones in the festival area are usually fairly clean at least. ( Though definitely put some loo roll in your bag/pocket just in case )

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Ashl said:

portaloos and they have urinals as well for men.

they are pretty good at keeping them clean as well.

13 minutes ago, JJrock69 said:

Whats the deal with booze at this festival? Will be my first time at truck. 

Are we allowed to bring in as much as we want, multiple trips back to the car etc? Can we bring it into the arena like Glasto & Trees?

First entry only, personal consumption so no strict limit

https://truckfestival.com/info/FAQs/

under how much alcohol can i bring, left hand column