Truck 2022

gfa

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I carried over my ticket from 2021, but I'm not a massive fan of this lineup. I think this year's subs are pretty weak, and badly missing fontaines and idles. I'm tempted to sell truck tickets and get Y Not, which looks stronger overall I think. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2022 at 8:08 PM, NoBuses said:

Is the booze limit strict?

Tbh yes it is, but normal tactics required for any festival will work here also.  The booze policy seems to work like this: If you go in with a load of mates at once, lets say 5 of you, and have 1 big crate per person then thats "allowed". If you tape it all up stuck together on a trolley and it ends up as 8 crates and untaping it and taking it back to the car would be unrelastic then you can get away with more. But the security guard has to be a nice one that will take pity on you. In 2019, we clingfilm wrapped the whole trolley together and managed to get in with a lot more than the first year that they started implementing it (2018).

And as standard - be smart, and plan ahead. Booze can fit almost anywhere (allegedly) 😉

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I picked up a pair of tickets today via one of the NHS Ticket sites.  My partner has just booked a hotel reasonably near. Does anyone have much experience of getting taxi’s back and forward to off-site accommodation. Is there a taxi rank etc?

is it the sort of festival that allows you to come and go by car? A quick look at the site suggests they don’t. I think they might expect you to park up until the end of the festival. Will probably drop them an email but just wanted to know peoples experiences if staying off site.

Sorry for the questions as I have not done any research as had not planned to go until I saw the offer and had to make an instant call to take the tickets or miss out. Still not really even looked at the line-up. I took the tickets based on vaguely remembering who was headlining.

If it’s not that hard to get a taxi that might be my best option. Far to old to camp with all the bright young things who will be up all night 🙂

On 5/20/2022 at 7:23 PM, Dales said:

Hi

I picked up a pair of tickets today via one of the NHS Ticket sites.  My partner has just booked a hotel reasonably near. Does anyone have much experience of getting taxi’s back and forward to off-site accommodation. Is there a taxi rank etc?

is it the sort of festival that allows you to come and go by car? A quick look at the site suggests they don’t. I think they might expect you to park up until the end of the festival. Will probably drop them an email but just wanted to know peoples experiences if staying off site.

Sorry for the questions as I have not done any research as had not planned to go until I saw the offer and had to make an instant call to take the tickets or miss out. Still not really even looked at the line-up. I took the tickets based on vaguely remembering who was headlining.

If it’s not that hard to get a taxi that might be my best option. Far to old to camp with all the bright young things who will be up all night 🙂

You can come and go by car no problem 😊

from car park, or from pickup and drop off area

if using taxis you’ll have to call them though, there’s not a taxi rank as such 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tonybyates said:

You can come and go by car no problem 😊

from car park, or from pickup and drop off area

if using taxis you’ll have to call them though, there’s not a taxi rank as such 

Many thanks for the information, much appreciated.

12 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

Thanks for this, might have to pop in for the Clubhouse Allstars tribute to Bruce Springsteen just before Kasabian 😄

I wouldn’t be surprised if that was on after Kasabian actually, Clubhouse Allstars sets are normally late ones 😊

• Like 1