Parklife 2022

Matt42

Lorde’s dates make me think she’s very likely for this. Did Doja play last year? I can imagine her being there this year too.

I imagine they will bag some of (maybe not all) Tyler the Creator, Doja Cat, The Kid Laori, Lil Nas X, Jack Harlow.

I checked to see if Olivia Rodrigo could do it but she’d be doing three shows in a row. Not sure if that would rule out an 18 year old but we will see.

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Lorde’s dates make me think she’s very likely for this. Did Doja play last year? I can imagine her being there this year too.

I imagine they will bag some of (maybe not all) Tyler the Creator, Doja Cat, The Kid Laori, Lil Nas X, Jack Harlow.

I checked to see if Olivia Rodrigo could do it but she’d be doing three shows in a row. Not sure if that would rule out an 18 year old but we will see.

I feel like last year's lineup suggests they might be shying away from Lorde or similar. Not too sure on Olivia Rodrigo either, think they are more likely to stick to smaller pop names like Becky Hill vs headliners.

18 minutes ago, plebhead8 said:

Doubt Lorde is the right type of artist for that crowd to be honest, doja cat would be very popular, also I had thought Kasabian might fit seeing as they’re back now (not sure about schedules)

I thought Lorde only because she’s played before and she probably had all these dates sorted before Solar Power dropped

Usually a majority of the lineup is acts from warehouse project, which would put Eric Prydz, Rudimental, hot chip, Jamie xx, disclosure and chemical brothers in the frame. Megan thee stallion as well but that might have been a tie in with her doing the September fest.

They do tend to have a smattering of more "pop" stuff on the main stage, N.E.R.D did it alongside Lorde in 2018 and Lewis capaldi was scheduled for 2020. So wouldn't rule out something a bit left field. 

Edited by Leyrulion

30 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Usually a majority of the lineup is acts from warehouse project, which would put Eric Prydz, Rudimental, hot chip, Jamie xx, disclosure and chemical brothers in the frame. Megan thee stallion as well but that might have been a tie in with her doing the September fest.

They do tend to have a smattering of more "pop" stuff on the main stage, N.E.R.D did it alongside Lorde in 2018 and Lewis capaldi was scheduled for 2020. So wouldn't rule out something a bit left field. 

Most of those names you listed played last year and Reading rules Megan out i’d have thought. Chemical Brothers seems pretty nailed on for one of the headliners

50 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

That sums up parklife perfectly tbh.

Look at 2018 and 2019 when it last happened without covid, none of the top 2 rows (3 on 2018 because poster design is narrower) played both years.

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Look at 2018 and 2019 when it last happened without covid, none of the top 2 rows (3 on 2018 because poster design is narrower) played both years.

But the majority of the undercard is pretty much the same as either the last festival and you really can't say they don't recycle acts through both park life and whp.

It's how they operate. Not saying it's bad, but it's true.

17 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

But the majority of the undercard is pretty much the same as either the last festival and you really can't say they don't recycle acts through both park life and whp.

It's how they operate. Not saying it's bad, but it's true.

For sure but you named headliners not undercard

5 minutes ago, plebhead8 said:

What do you mean by this?

As in Parklife has been given a date they are allowed to announce some acts and can’t do it before then. They may be TBA for somewhere else first.

For example if they have Tyler it may be a case that they have to announce him around the same time Lovebox will drop.

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

For example if they have Tyler it may be a case that they have to announce him around the same time Lovebox will drop.

unfortunately Lovebox has cancelled its 2022 edition - it did so a couple weeks back completely under the radar. they emailed those who had purchased presale tickets (me included) and didn't give a reason for it; refunded all tickets. I'm not sure what that would do for things like embargoes but I'd imagine Tyler is a very big shout for this

21 hours ago, finn_with_1_n said:

unfortunately Lovebox has cancelled its 2022 edition - it did so a couple weeks back completely under the radar. they emailed those who had purchased presale tickets (me included) and didn't give a reason for it; refunded all tickets. I'm not sure what that would do for things like embargoes but I'd imagine Tyler is a very big shout for this

Missed that! Good spot! Perhaps they didn’t have the funds / couldn’t put a full lineup together.

19 hours ago, gfa said:

I guess it has to be Wireless with an embargo. Theres another Creamfields announcement coming soon too so maybe that as well? Probably not related though honestly

Most likely. I reckon there is a chance then they are sharing Tyler and Doja (or whatever). Which means neither acts are exclusive.

• 2 weeks later...