In Memoriam Thread

CaledonianGonzo

10 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Very sad news about Fletch from Depeche Mode 

Yes sad news indeed

Band I've always loved and when I met my wife discovered they were her favourite band.  Had never seen them live up until that point but worked it out have seen them 7 times over the years since I met my wife.

As @anditmakesmesmilesaid, always hoped they'd play Glastonbury 

2 hours ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

So sad about Andrew Fletcher. Only 60! Such an amazing band live. I’d always hoped Depeche Mode would play Glastonbury. So often rumoured. 

Gutted to hear this.  60 is no age whatsoever.  On my shortlist of "must headline at some point" bands. Maybe not now. 😞 

RIP Fletch, the glue that stuck the band together. More than any other artist, they are the band that have accompanied me through my life, from being a 12/13 year old boy. They are not just the band from my youth, but one who have lived with me through what seems like my entire life. It would be weird for them to carry on now. 60 is absolutely no age at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately there’s a Pogue down this morning, and it’s not the one people might have expected to go first 😞

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/aug/09/the-pogues-bassist-darryl-hunt-dies-aged-72?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Saw them in Finsbury Park in July 87 and more recently at BDs a few years ago.

6 hours ago, Neville Street said:

Unfortunately there’s a Pogue down this morning, and it’s not the one people might have expected to go first 😞

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/aug/09/the-pogues-bassist-darryl-hunt-dies-aged-72?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Saw them in Finsbury Park in July 87 and more recently at BDs a few years ago.

He's not the first Pogue to die - Philip Chevron died a good few years back. Still, RIP Daryll Hunt - The Pogues are one of my favourite bands ever.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...