In Memoriam Thread

CaledonianGonzo

6 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Just before those enormous UK stadium dates as well - those shows are going to be so emotional now. I’m glad he was able to headline the Pyramid before god called him home. 🖤🖤🖤

Surely they will be cancelled?! 

4 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Pretty sure this is probably the end of the band, or at least Dave will call time on it for a good few years. Everything will be cancelled this year.

I think they’ll come back at some point, but yeah I really can’t see this years shows going ahead and I’m sure they’ll take a couple of years off at least. 

Weren’t they supposed to be playing at the Grammys? Wonder if they’ll use that moment as a tribute to him instead of cancelling outright.

22 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Pretty sure this is probably the end of the band, or at least Dave will call time on it for a good few years. Everything will be cancelled this year.

They’ve always been a ‘show must go on’ type band but yeah I guess the drummer dying is a bit more serious than Dave breaking his leg. Not really the time for speculation anyway, I’m sure they’ll do whatever feels right, when it feels right, and nobody could possibly complain if they called time on the whole project really. Obviously different circumstances but I feel really terrible for Dave going through this again after Kurt. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

From Daves recent book :"Upon first meeting, our bond was immediate and we grew closer with every day, every song, every note that we ever played together," he wrote. "We are absolutely meant to be and I am grateful that we found each other in this lifetime."

Really hope there is a memorial of some kind at this years festival. I think both Michael and Emily grew very close to the Foos camp and know them very well. With the band even offering to play equinox for free.

I’m sure there will be something. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Really hope there is a memorial of some kind at this years festival. I think both Michael and Emily grew very close to the Foos camp and know them very well. With the band even offering to play equinox for free.

I’m sure there will be something. 

I think so too. It’s strange, it took a long time for them to headline but they just seemed to get it straight away and have a good relationship with Michael and Emily. Even if it’s something small, I’m sure there will be some sort of memorial event at the festival.

So I know its terrible news about Taylor from the foos.. 

But

This morning I got a call from my friend from the pimps tent on row mead.. 

A good friend who is part of the festival who camps in spring ground and rocks around on his mobility scooter died last night.. 

I'm not going to be going Init it or him but put it this way.. The last glasto her had a 3 wheeler scooter but after going down that ramp thing in the pyramid field and crashing a good few times just for the heck of it they made him use his own 4 wheeler lololol.. Legend that he was even with only one leg he'd be there before you where ever it was you were going.. No complaining.. 

Fuck lost a good glasto friend today.

Revolution old son 

P6261296.jpg