In Memoriam Thread

CaledonianGonzo

On 2/11/2022 at 1:18 PM, fred quimby said:

Ian McDonald now

In the court of King Crimson is a prog classic

I’ve only just seen this and reading his obituary. He co-wrote the first album In The Court of the Crimson King, and Schizoid Man is adapted from music written by him. Worth noting the band’s first gig was in front of 250,000+ at Hyde Park with the Stones. King Crimson one of the truly great, innovative bands in my opinion. Foreigner had a string of good hits too. 

it’s his sax on T Rex’s Get It On, which I never knew. 

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Must've seen him over 10 times between solo, Queens, Gutter Twins etc. Always great. One time I heard him say "thank you" after a round of applause. Incredible scenes.

Met him a couple of years ago and he was as beautifully aloof as you would hope. 

When he played the Park in 2017, he stopped between songs to comment on the beauty of the festival setting. It was a nice moment from a man with usually few words