In Memoriam Thread

CaledonianGonzo

Been reading since last night about the very untimely passing of Jamal Edwards. I wasn't totally familiar with his work (apart from being the creator of SBTV) but his influence and support of so many artists plus the outpouring of tributes since yesterday make his legacy impossible to ignore. Only 31 years old. 

18 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Been reading since last night about the very untimely passing of Jamal Edwards. I wasn't totally familiar with his work (apart from being the creator of SBTV) but his influence and support of so many artists plus the outpouring of tributes since yesterday make his legacy impossible to ignore. Only 31 years old. 

Yes very sad news. It really is no age. 

On 1/21/2022 at 11:48 PM, dentalplan said:

Another sad loss of a proper legend. She toured mighty close to the big G only a few years back - surprised she didn't play actually. She was sounding tip-top until the end.

i love it when people like elza die gives me a nudge to check them out. 😄 

Twilight Singers with Mark Lanegan at Leeds Fest 2006 was one of the most mesmerising, captivating gigs I've ever, ever seen.

I met him afterwards as well, too intimidated in my youth to ask anything except which band he was on his way to see (Primal Scream)

What a loss.

25 minutes ago, jump said:

Ah fuck! Mark Lanegan will be missed, he had a voice of angel that swallowed an ash tray. He was the first gig me and my girlfriend saw together, afterwards we waited in line to meet him and he signed a xmas album which we normally listen to around xmas.

Dark Mark does Christmas is a great xmas album. Gets plenty of plays in my place every December.

• Upvote 1