In Memoriam Thread

CaledonianGonzo

Well this is very strange, and all true. I was out walking the dog this morning the getting the washing in the machine and for no reason at all I have been singing You Took The Words Right out of my Mouth. Still singing it I have a look  the BBC and see the sad news. Very odd

My only conclusion is that I have been possessed by him. The song has been replaced now so might have been a short possession 

He certainly sang some belters. 

• Upvote 1

Off the back of the news this morning I listened to a couple of interviews he did in the aftermath of him collapsing on stage in 2016. Talks about his health a lot, and like a couple of others have said above seemed like a really decent bloke and always up for a laugh.  

Not sure what exactly finally took him, but from what I can work out it seems some general health problems were ongoing..... and a couple of suggestions were that COVID finally took him but seems a bit gossipy at the moment.

Won't pretend I was a massive fan of his work (bit before my time tbh) , but both my parents were and as such I knew a fair amount of his songs.

RIP Meat Loaf

3 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Not sure what exactly finally took him, but from what I can work out it seems some general health problems were ongoing..... and a couple of suggestions were that COVID finally took him but seems a bit gossipy at the moment.

Seems like it was probably COVID, and he was apparently not vaccinated and a bit of an arsehole about masks, vaccines etc which is unfortunate to hear as this was possibly avoidable. 

He would do anything for love, but he wouldn’t get vaxxed, etc etc.

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Seems like it was probably COVID, and he was apparently not vaccinated and a bit of an arsehole about masks, vaccines etc which is unfortunate to hear as this was possibly avoidable. 

He would do anything for love, but he wouldn’t get vaxxed, etc etc.

Felled by a Bat Outta Wuhan…

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Another sad loss of a proper legend. She toured mighty close to the big G only a few years back - surprised she didn't play actually. She was sounding tip-top until the end.

Aye.... was trying to recall when that was. 2016 maybe year after her 'comeback' album ?  I think she had London dates and a GSH.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_mulher_do_fim_do_mundo

8 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Not music related, but RIP Barry Cryer - one of the funniest people who ever lived.

In Bristol the slapstick Festival is on and when I saw the poster with Barry on I was very tempted to get tickets. Very funny man. Will get missed

Didn't get tickets in the end due to money needed elsewhere.  Will look at another year though

1 hour ago, fred quimby said:

Ian McDonald now

In the court of King Crimson is a prog classic

Sad news. Saw Crimson live way back in the early days.  Incredible first album, still got the original vinyl with its tremendous gatefold sleeve. he went on to be a member of Foreigner.  Kanye sampled 21st century schizoid  man, written in 1969 in power. !

53 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sad news. Saw Crimson live way back in the early days.  Incredible first album, still got the original vinyl with its tremendous gatefold sleeve. he went on to be a member of Foreigner.  Kanye sampled 21st century schizoid  man, written in 1969 in power. !

I did wonder if you would have seen them.

Only Foreigner I have is cold as ice

1 hour ago, fred quimby said:

I did wonder if you would have seen them.

Only Foreigner I have is cold as ice

Yes, was still a schoolboy when I saw them!  About ten years ago went to a gig by the late Greg Lake, his songs of a lifetime tour. Intimate venue and he did questions and answers as well as told stories.  With the help of backing tapes he did King Crimson songs from the first album that he sang and played on as well as ELP classics. 

25 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, was still a schoolboy when I saw them!  About ten years ago went to a gig by the late Greg Lake, his songs of a lifetime tour. Intimate venue and he did questions and answers as well as told stories.  With the help of backing tapes he did King Crimson songs from the first album that he sang and played on as well as ELP classics. 

Bet that was good