Best wellington boots

Respectfatfrog

9 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Get me some size 11 high heels and a ticket and I'm in. 

high heels smiling GIF

You gotta get me four first. If you do, you can have one. 

8 hours ago, fred quimby said:

That is one niche kinky request. I assume you want them after for sniffing purposes

Stilettos have done nothing for me tbf and I'm not sure if I fancy the smell of cow shit! 😂

9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Did you try wearing boots in 2016?  It was perfect boots weather to me - very muddy, but not shit loads of deep standing water.  I never once felt the need to switch to wellies that year, but did see people losing their wellies in the mud.

Lots of stranded wellies. I've got a photo somewhere of a pile of them that were rescued and piled up toward the end of the festival, but for me they were a better choice. I did try walking boots day 1, but preferred having a higher welly in the end.

(Especially in the really liquid mud as you wade past a row of urinals 🙂 

wellys4.jpg

23 hours ago, blutarsky said:

This is a lie, surely, or you walk in a manner which doesn't stress the wellies?! I wear wellies to walk the dog every day during winter and I have split or worn through every pair I've ever had. None have lasted longer than 4-5 months before becoming permeable. There have been plenty of pairs of Dunlops among them but also a range of values from the cheapest up to about £50. I've never been able to bring myself to spend more. Maybe it's time to get some Aigle ones as recommended by @Smeble

Why would I lie about anything? Especially a pair of wellies!?! My Dunlops are over 15 years old and still going strong. Why? I dunno. They just are.

29 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

What brand are those? 

A make called Lukpol , got them on Amazon a few years back. I’ve never tested them in a Glastonbury 2016 style mud bath  but tramped across sodden muddy fields here and they were ideal.  And we’re fine at worthy pastures .  Obviously they came with me in 17 and 19 but weren’t  required! 
@balti-pie never tried them in hot weather but would imagine they wouldn’t be too bad,

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's not to say boots are perfect.  Funnily enough, it wasn't any of the muddy festivals that defeated my boots - it was the dew on the long grass at Worthy Pastures.  I didn't bother with the waterproof socks, so my feet and boots were utterly soaked by walking up King's Meadow after the sun had gone down in long grass.  Wellies would have been fine.

Yes I found that at worthy pastures as well. So much untrampled long grass(well it is a farm after all!) that we just aren’t used to and had to slither back to the west holts car park to get the wellies. Definitely going to invest in waterproof socks. 
of course this thread is academic as the weather is going to be dry and sunny.

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

6 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

As someone who wore wellies in 2016, they were a deathtrap in that kind of deep sticky mud. How I managed to stay upright I'll never know. Decent walking boots all the way. Plus walking boots do you all festival s take up less space, rather than packing wellies just in case.

Same here in 2016 but unlike you I didn’t stay upright. Walking up the incline from the other field to the railway line around midnight in a big crowd the welly got stuck in the mud and down I went.  This was greeted by a loud cheer from all and a chant of ‘He fell over,He fell  over’.  Once Mrs C stopped laughing I managed to retrieve the welly . 

Surely the answer depends on the conditions. I always use Docs where I can but some years it's not possible. 2005 I started using a good quality welly and they were brilliant. Also tried good walking boots and gaitors but soon went back to the welly.

Let's hope the weather is mixed but more on the side of suitable for festival.