Rock Werchter 2022 | Travel / Accommodation

Jammski

Hey guys,

A question for anyone that has attended Rock Werchter before.

This will be my first year attending Rock Werchter as I try to do a new European festival each year (covid permitting of course).

Unfortunately, someone I am going with does not like camping. We are looking to stay at a hotel in Leuven, a nearby town to Rock Werchter and drive to and from the festival each day. There may be two options that I have tried emailing Rock Werchter about, but to no avail, they have not responded.

Option 1: Take a shuttle bus to and from Leuven and Rock Werchter each day - do you happen to know if there is a daily shuttle bus to and from Leuven / Rock Werchter, and the latest shuttle going back to Leuven i.e. will we be able to watch the last act and get back to Leuven.

Option 2: Drive. Does anyone know anything about parking at the festival, or nearby that we can use?

Thanks in advance!

20 minutes ago, Jammski said:

Hey guys,

This will be my first year attending Rock Werchter as I try to do a new European festival each year (covid permitting of course).

Unfortunately, someone I am going with does not like camping. We are looking to stay at a hotel in Leuven, a nearby town to Rock Werchter and drive to and from the festival each day. There may be two options that I have tried emailing Rock Werchter about, but to no avail, they have not responded.

Option 1: Take a shuttle bus to and from Leuven and Rock Werchter each day - do you happen to know if there is a daily shuttle bus to and from Leuven / Rock Werchter, and the latest shuttle going back to Leuven i.e. will we be able to watch the last act and get back to Leuven.

Option 2: Drive. Does anyone know anything about parking at the festival, or nearby that we can use?

Thanks in advance!

I would definitely say Option 1, the bus to and from the festival runs very regularly and only takes about 10-15 mins to get there depending on traffic most days. Definitely allow yourself more time on the Thursday though as you have to content with weekend campers turning up and the journey can be longer. 

I must admit I have never needed to get the bus at the end of the day as I have always camped, but if memory serves me right I believe they do run until after the festival.

Another thing to be mindful of is that the drop-off/pick-up point is near the campsite, and because of the layout you’ll have about a 15 minute walk to the arena so you’ll have to factor that in to. 

It is tremendously well organised though and I think if someone can help you with the question of how late they run that would be my recommendation 

And this is 2017, but should give you an indication about the location of bus stop in Zone A (neer the Hive camping). Would not recommend driving yourself. Parking near RW are full with people camping so you'll have to walk a long way. And I'll take a long time getting to the parking in the first place.

image.thumb.png.cd37ac70592a1ec45eb32b61b727be28.png

Edited by Judithmt

5 hours ago, Jammski said:

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

Never been to Rock Werchter but I've been at Pukkelpop several times and also attended a few concerts in Belgium and I would say, also reading the infos on past editions RW website, that shuttle buses linking festival grounds to city centre are always very efficient in Belgium, so I would recommend you the Option 1 as it's obviously cheaper than Option 2 and still comfortable.

11 hours ago, Jammski said:

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

There are shuttles bus from and to Leuven all day until sometime after the music ends. They are free and run regularly. It takes about 20 minutes ride to get to  where the shuttles drop you and another 15 minutes of walk to the festival site.

There are parking lots as well.

I stayed in the Park Inn in Leuven in 2019 and did shuttle in and out. You never wait more than a minute on a bus. Takes 15-20 mins thena 20 min walk to main entrance. At night they run up to 3/4am so never felt rushed after last act finished. 

I would just try to stay close to shuttle bus stop which is at train station in Leuven so you don't have to walk far after a long day. 

Hotels are not cheap. Try booking.com. I've booked Novotel for 2022 and it's free cancellation any pay a few weeks before.  That way you are covered if it doesn't go ahead. 

There is another option but surprisingly many people don't know about it (their marketing is lacking a bit) . It's called Rockvillage:

https://www.rockvillage.be/en/home/

You are lucky because they went on sale only a couple of weeks ago so there are some spots still available.

It's kinda like the Hive resort but a bit more relaxed, with a smaller crowd. I've been staying there for 3 years in a row with my mates and we are super happy with it. Less than 15' walking from the entrance of RW, super well organised, clean, nice bar for a few drinks before going to bed, etc. 😉 

• Thanks 1