2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

So looking at the RW headliners who are big enough to be Glastonbury headliners, Metallica are free Saturday and Pearl Jam Sunday.

Sure there have been reasons discussed why its not them but for the sake of discussion you could also say there is more visible evidence for them than the current faves. 

7 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Is The Weeknd tour announcement definitely coming today or was that just a rumour?

It was a rumour that someone big was announcing a tour that seemed to come from knowhere that the swift fan club made out to be her. Followed by 1 person on here saying it might be the Weeknd. 

All crap basically

2 hours ago, Wanderlei said:

I think they'll definitely favour solo acts for the big slots to reduce the chance of covid related pullouts. I wouldn't be surprised if Sheeran headlined again, even though he's done it recently.

If a band is good enough, they can even ride Covid... The techs can stand in without too much hassle for anyone except the singer. I saw Hot Chip headline Standon Calling last summer, minus two members - one of whom was Alexis Taylor!

10 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

It was a rumour that someone big was announcing a tour that seemed to come from knowhere that the swift fan club made out to be her. Followed by 1 person on here saying it might be the Weeknd. 

All crap basically

I dunno, The Weeknd did tweet the below which certainly suggests a tour, and the deal about someone big announcing dates today did come from quite a few different sources. Might still be coming..?

23 minutes ago, jparx said:

I dunno, The Weeknd did tweet the below which certainly suggests a tour, and the deal about someone big announcing dates today did come from quite a few different sources. Might still be coming..?

I know he is mahoosive worldwide but I just can’t see him headlining GF, especially when Billie has the other night.

Would be a weak headliner booking imo (and I’d probably watch him).

22 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

I know he is mahoosive worldwide but I just can’t see him headlining GF, especially when Billie has the other night.

I think it's probably the strongest booking they could possibly make right now!

32 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

The #1 most streamed artist on the planet. 3 UK #1 albums. Would be a stadium act in the UK.

Literally one of the biggest acts that Glastonbury could book aside Adele. Adele technically can be discounted as they have already booked her.

If the headliners were Billie, Paul, The Weeknd he’d probably rival Macca for crowd size. 

* actually I retract. All three would/are going to have gigantic crowds. Billie is huge too.

Edited by Matt42

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The #1 most streamed artist on the planet. 3 UK #1 albums. Would be a stadium act in the UK.

Literally one of the biggest acts that Glastonbury could book aside Adele. Adele technically can be discounted as they have already booked her.

If the headliners were Billie, Paul, The Weeknd he’d probably rival Macca for crowd size. 

* actually I retract. All three would/are going to have gigantic crowds. Billie is huge too.

The most streamed artist on the planet is Bad Bunny 😁

38 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

It would be an absolutely huge booking. It would mean them losing Kenny and somehow getting someone bigger. That’s actually the reason why I’m not sure it’ll happen. He can tour stadiums.

Edited by MEGABOWL
Typo

2 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

The most streamed artist on the planet is Bad Bunny 😁

You’re prob joking but I’m not sure that is true. Pretty sure it’s the weekend with his monthly listeners.

Rank Artist Monthly listeners
(millions)
Chg Ref(s)
1 The Weeknd 86.61 Steady [1]
2 Justin Bieber 80.41 Steady [2]
3 Ed Sheeran 77.26 Steady [3]
4 Dua Lipa 68.97 Steady [4]
5 Adele 60.07 Steady [5]
6 Coldplay 58.07 Steady [6]
7 Ariana Grande 56.80 Steady [7]
8 Doja Cat 56.59 Steady [8]
9 Imagine Dragons 55.22 Steady [9]
10 Bruno Mars 54.80 Steady [10]
11 Taylor Swift 53.96 Steady [11]
12 Drake 53.58 Increase [12]
13 Elton John 53.32 Decrease [13]
14 Lil Nas X 52.60 Steady [14]
15 J Balvin 52.03 Steady [15]
16 The Kid Laroi 50.81 Steady [16]
17 David Guetta 50.76 Steady [17]
18 Billie Eilish 49.90 Steady [18]
19 Post Malone 49.46 Steady [19]
20 Maroon 5 47.60 Steady [20]

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You’re prob joking but I’m not sure that is true. Pretty sure it’s the weekend with his monthly listeners.

Rank Artist Monthly listeners
(millions)
Chg Ref(s)
1 The Weeknd 86.61 Steady [1]
2 Justin Bieber 80.41 Steady [2]
3 Ed Sheeran 77.26 Steady [3]
4 Dua Lipa 68.97 Steady [4]
5 Adele 60.07 Steady [5]
6 Coldplay 58.07 Steady [6]
7 Ariana Grande 56.80 Steady [7]
8 Doja Cat 56.59 Steady [8]
9 Imagine Dragons 55.22 Steady [9]
10 Bruno Mars 54.80 Steady [10]
11 Taylor Swift 53.96 Steady [11]
12 Drake 53.58 Increase [12]
13 Elton John 53.32 Decrease [13]
14 Lil Nas X 52.60 Steady [14]
15 J Balvin 52.03 Steady [15]
16 The Kid Laroi 50.81 Steady [16]
17 David Guetta 50.76 Steady [17]
18 Billie Eilish 49.90 Steady [18]
19 Post Malone 49.46 Steady [19]
20 Maroon 5 47.60 Steady [20]

It's impossible Bad Bunny is not even in the top 20, that list is extremely wrong. Maroon 5 and not him? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna7281

At least in Spotify this is what it is.