LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

It’s probably just a coincidence but that’s the same day as Parklife’s announcement. 

Yeah, it'll likely be a coincidence.

Off the top of my head, both EOTR and Camp Bestival are announcing on the 25th as well.. It's a sensible date - the dust has settled from Christmas and it's a few days before January pay day.

Looks like we are due quite a few announcements in the next few weeks. Gov Ball in the US, EU festivals such as TW Classic, Open’er, RW/Rosklide (expanding their lineup), Templehof too.

Also Parklife announcing on the 25th. 

Discussions here are going to get very healthy.

53 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Looks like we are due quite a few announcements in the next few weeks. Gov Ball in the US, EU festivals such as TW Classic, Open’er, RW/Rosklide (expanding their lineup), Templehof too.

Also Parklife announcing on the 25th. 

Discussions here are going to get very healthy.

Minimal cross over but Camp Bestival next week plus the likes of Tramlines, Y Not etc… teasing more announcements 

6 hours ago, kalifire said:

I wonder how many fucks Glastonbury give to other festival announcements. Or even whether there’s some coordination behind the scenes. 

They will be aware of the general trend in the industry around festival announcements, that'll influence to some extent. Not necessarily to change any plans but it'll help broadly shape them.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Do you think he'll have a more commercial type of act he tries to book?

It’s been heading in that direction anyway and he will be aware of the value of the BBC coverage.  It’s such a vast event that there’s plenty scope and stages to continue booking less commercial bands .  
Hopefully he remembers it’s the Glastonbury festival of contemporary performing arts, not just a succession of commercially attractive acts.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

It’s been heading in that direction anyway and he will be aware of the value of the BBC coverage.  It’s such a vast event that there’s plenty scope and stages to continue booking less commercial bands .  
Hopefully he remembers it’s the Glastonbury festival of contemporary performing arts, not just a succession of commercially attractive acts.  

Good points.

Do you think this means we'll end up seeing McFly at the Pyramid? Asking for a friend of course... 

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The Glastonbury attitude to other festival announcements 

E54E4CDF-198C-4DDA-A0E2-3E4E8F0C2422.jpeg.0e751f810122e6171de382bb05548ed4.jpeg

I disagree, I suspect the Eavii are quite happy not to take focus from other festivals. Ultimately Glastonbury isn’t really competing with other festivals, they don’t sell tickets at the same time as others and certainly don’t need a lineup announcement to shift tickets the same way others do.

I honestly think they’re careful not to step on the toes of others, especially the smaller ones.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I disagree, I suspect the Eavii are quite happy not to take focus from other festivals. Ultimately Glastonbury isn’t really competing with other festivals, they don’t sell tickets at the same time as others and certainly don’t need a lineup announcement to shift tickets the same way others do.

I honestly think they’re careful not to step on the toes of others, especially the smaller ones.

Yes, there’s a degree of competition between the other larger festivals and their announcements, especially headliners are crucial in selling tickets. Glastonbury is totally different, unique, a complete sellout before anything announced and a delightful quirky way of teasing us with the line up.  You’re probably right about the smaller festivals, most of the time they will have announced their full line ups before our poster drop.