2022 New Music

Gilgamesh69

41 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Another five new Beach House songs released for anybody who doesn’t want to wait for the full album next month:

Announcing a double album wasn’t enough for this lot to kill the hype for their new album. They had to go for the worst release strategy possible as well.

11 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Announcing a double album wasn’t enough for this lot to kill the hype for their new album. They had to go for the worst release strategy possible as well.

Apparently it’s all sounding incredible so far which is good to hear, but hard agree on the way they’re releasing it. I know times have changed from the days when releasing two singles and then the album worked a charm, but there’s no better way to ruin a first album listen through than having heard three quarters of it pre-release. 

Obviously I don’t have to listen and have chosen not to, but it still irks me that bands are doing this shit.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Apparently it’s all sounding incredible so far which is good to hear, but hard agree on the way they’re releasing it. I know times have changed from the days when releasing two singles and then the album worked a charm, but there’s no better way to ruin a first album listen through than having heard three quarters of it pre-release. 

Obviously I don’t have to listen and have chosen not to, but it still irks me that bands are doing this shit.

I only listened to the first part and it didn’t hit me that much on first listen, but I didn’t bother listening more than once as like you I didn’t wanna ruin the album release by knowing half the album well beforehard.

18 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

All the singles from this new BCNR album have been incredible. If the rest is close to the same quality then it’s gonna be a real gem.

They've all been brilliant as well as a really nice contrast to the first album, certainly a completely different vibe. Concorde is still the one for me, I've listened to it countless times but it still never fails to give me goosebumps.

I was really worried that they'd fall off a little after such a strong first album but instead they're reaching greater heights imo.