2022 New Music

Gilgamesh69

18 minutes ago, benali said:

Four Tet has finally released the song everyone's been wanting for the past few months.

Huge tune. I expect it will be played at every festival this summer. This guy is an all time great.

Short version on the YouTube vid, full version at Bandcamp

https://fourtet.bandcamp.com/track/looking-at-your-pager

Had this on repeat all day - sensational stuff! 

• Like 1

New Porridge Radio & Rolling Blackouts CF both excellent. Already my top 10 albums of the year looking better than last year & it's only May!

Right, can everyone agree to stop releasing great albums for at least a couple of months, otherwise I'm going to end up in the poorhouse!

Happy Just Mustard day to all. Waited a long time for this one (since seeing them support Fontaines pre-rona).

Think Shoegaze and Industrial with beautifully soothing vocals over the top.

If you're at D2D Bristol see them, and the band before them at O2 Academy.

5 hours ago, OCarter said:

Happy Just Mustard day to all. Waited a long time for this one (since seeing them support Fontaines pre-rona).

Think Shoegaze and Industrial with beautifully soothing vocals over the top.

If you're at D2D Bristol see them, and the band before them at O2 Academy.

Love them. I rate them as one of the best bands around. Going to give that a good listen later.

57 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

New Wilco album is hitting all the right spots for me today. They’ve not really released a bad album imo, but I think this one sits in the upper half of their catalogue. 

How country is it? The single was very much leaning that way, is the rest of the album in a similar vein?

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

New Wilco album is hitting all the right spots for me today. They’ve not really released a bad album imo, but I think this one sits in the upper half of their catalogue. 

Last couple were a bit meh. Liking this one.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah, I'm with you there. I keep going back to Kevin Morby's new one over the last couple of weeks and this hits the spot in a very similar way. Just makes the heart beat slower and makes me want a Leffe and a BBQ. 

The New Liam Gallagher album... bit meh. "Im free" has a completely out of place reggae section. Some of the ballads are a bit naff.

The rest if the album is largely forgettable imo. Not cos it's awful, it's just not great.

I like "The Joker" though, easily the best song on it for me 

Just Mustard album is superb. A 9/10 effort. 

The other new album out today which I have listened to is Ghosts by a duo called Haress which I really enjoyed. 

https://haress.bandcamp.com/album/ghosts

Best new track I've heard for a while is Timmy Chalamet by Luis which is the great DJ Python under an alternate name.

Anyone who like Boards of Canada should be all over this.

Still trying to recover from Bearded Theory and found that these two tracks released last week by Lord Huron suit me very well at the moment.....unreleased bonus tracks from their last album. Interesting story behind the two versions.....

and Sarah Dugas alternate vocal: