2022 New Music

Gilgamesh69

25 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

First bit of info about the new AM album here from Helders. Seems people hoping for a return to the rockin’ bangers are gonna be sorely disappointed: ‘Picks up where TBH&C left off’. Be interesting to see how that goes down at Reading/Leeds (assuming the things out by then):

https://www.nme.com/news/music/matt-helders-on-arctic-monkeys-new-album-its-never-gonna-be-like-r-u-mine-and-all-that-stuff-again-3226299

Interesting that. 

Thought they'd return to type, but clearly not. 

Stand outs for me so far this year have been Ants From Up There (BCNR) and Classic Objects (Jenny Hval). 

In the next tier are: Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You (Big Thief), caroline (caroline), Topical Dancer (Charlotte Adigery & Bolis Pupil), our hope (Hitsujibungaku), Once Twice Melody (Beach House), Unspoken Words (Max Cooper), Giving The World Away (Hatchie), Pompeii (Cate Le Bon), Return (deathcrash), Ghost Song (Cecile Mclorin Salvant), You Belong There (Daniel Rosen), Marchita (Silvana Estrada), Emotional Eternal (Melody’s Echo Chamber) and SIM SIM SIM (Bala Desejo).

New Yard Act video dropped today. Not their greatest song but I was I got quite emotional when they played it at 100 Club recently. If you don't know anything about this band yet..where ya bin!

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

AccomplishedThunderousDorado-size_restri

hahaha, I was just composing something about this, but your post sums it up perfectly. Can't improve on that

• Like 1

Enjoyed Everything Everything, Porridge Radio and Harry’s albums this morning and a lovely little EP by Scottish duo Poster Paints (Simon from Frightened Rabbit and Carla J Easton) - it’s kind of in the Teenage Fanclub space.