2022 New Music

Gilgamesh69

Yay, new Jack White album time! 

and we get another in July 😁

EDIT: Interestingly, Fear of the Dawn seems to be getting mixed reviews similarly to how Boarding House Reach did. It's certainly in that experimental vein again but I think it's much more focused and prefer this new album way more to his previous one (BHR is my least favourite album White has ever put out from any of his bands or solo). 

White himself has stated that his fans will prefer the next album more to this one. I'd say we're off to a good start then.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

Today is all about Daniel Rossen (Grizzly Bear).  The singles have been fantastic.  It’s a progressive/psychedelic folk album.

Not heard it in full yet but very excited.  I get the impression that it lies somewhere in between Fleet Foxes Crack Up and Richard Dawson’s Peasant.

50 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Today is all about Daniel Rossen (Grizzly Bear).  The singles have been fantastic.  It’s a progressive/psychedelic folk album.

Not heard it in full yet but very excited.  I get the impression that it lies somewhere in between Fleet Foxes Crack Up and Richard Dawson’s Peasant.

oh, you know how to reel me in. Intrigued by that description. Going to definitely give this a go. Thank you

Giving the Linda Lindas' album a spin this morning. Heard one of their tracks on 6Music a while back and it's a bit of an earworm, so giving the whole thing a go. Horribly talented for a bunch of kids younger than most of my t-shirts.

• Upvote 1

Jack White and the new Tom Misch stuff very fun, Hi De Ho and Happy Music the standouts respectively. 

Wet Leg very meh. 

Still deciding how I feel about the FJM album but feeling it’s a grower like GFC rather than an instant hit like ILYHB. 

Seems a singles day today, although Kae Tempest is on the cards for later.

Mononome (French beatmaker) is back so hoping on a new album soon

Polica new single is a lovely slice of their synth pop. Album out in June

Weval are back with this, hopefully an album coming

2 hours ago, Baggins7 said:

Good start to the day with Jack White. Would love him to show up on the farm. Next up Wet Leg, the Vaccines EP, Lime Cordiale single and Tom Misch new project… busy day!

He's got to be on right? Like his two UK dates are the two days after the festival. I was shocked he wasn't on that first poster.

This Jack White album absolutely rips. I understand the somewhat mixed reception it seems to be getting as there are genuine moments of ‘wtf was that?’ in there, but overall I dig it a lot. 

1 minute ago, WS_Jack_III said:

He's got to be on right? Like his two UK dates are the two days after the festival. I was shocked he wasn't on that first poster.

I’ve been wondering whether we might be getting a secret set from him at the festival. Convenient local tour dates, and he’s done it before with The Dead Weather as well as doing his only (iirc) solo festival show at Glastonbury in 2014. Seems to like the place. His new stuff is so weird that it might fall flat with an announced high up the lineup set, but secret set? Fuck it, go full freak out. 

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

This Jack White album absolutely rips. I understand the somewhat mixed reception it seems to be getting as there are genuine moments of ‘wtf was that?’ in there, but overall I dig it a lot. 

I’ve been wondering whether we might be getting a secret set from him at the festival. Convenient local tour dates, and he’s done it before with The Dead Weather as well as doing his only (iirc) solo festival show at Glastonbury in 2014. Seems to like the place. His new stuff is so weird that it might fall flat with an announced high up the lineup set, but secret set? Fuck it, go full freak out. 

🤔 he is a fan of a secret set.

Loads of stuff out today. 

Jack White‘s new album is the pick of the bunch so far even though it has some experimental stuff on it followed by The Linda Linda’s which is decent. I thought Wet Leg was just okay. I didn’t  think much of The Vaccines EP despite their last record being really good. Papa Roach new record is average. 

Still need to listen to Vince Staples and the new Interpol track. 

6 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I think this is Jack White's best solo album. Although I'm not sure why people think it's really experimental or weird, apart from the Q-Tip track

Just a lot of non-conventional song structures, no choruses, weird sounds etc. I think it’s awesome but can see why people looking for some White Stripesa-alike singalongs might be put off.