2022 New Music

Gilgamesh69

11 minutes ago, nikkic said:

A couple of decent tunes on the new Confidence Man album, but overall it’s a bit of a disappointment. 

Yeah after a few listens I think it starts strong but just kind of tapers off towards the second half. Really missing the somewhat silly element of the first album that made them stand out from the pack so much. 

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah after a few listens I think it starts strong but just kind of tapers off towards the second half. Really missing the somewhat silly element of the first album that made them stand out from the pack so much. 

Exactly that. 

First 3 tracks are what I was expecting from them.

Fun, somewhat quirky. 

Then it trails into nothingness. 

On 4/3/2022 at 4:18 AM, Miyn said:

A new one from The Smile, fourth single without any news of an album, I wonder what they're planning.

The album!m's rumored to be 14 songs so still 10 to go...

Loving this one in particular by the way. Those keys fading into those strings are hot. Great melody too. 

On 4/3/2022 at 1:18 PM, nikkic said:

Exactly that. 

First 3 tracks are what I was expecting from them.

Fun, somewhat quirky. 

Then it trails into nothingness. 

Hard agree on me too. Played the first album to death for a good year or so after it came out. Given this one a handful of listens but already can’t see myself ever returning to it.

Had a feeling this would happen as I wasn’t feeling the singles. Glad I held off buying a vinyl copy before I heard the album. Not going to bother now.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I wonder if it is/becomes a thing for buzzy new bands to release 75% of the album as singles with videos before the album is released. Guess it makes sense in a way.

Certainly seems to be the current thing to just release half the album as singles before it’s release, which I fucking hate, but from a marketing perspective it makes total sense. Wet Legs album is out this week so releasing yet another single now gets them back in peoples minds so they don’t forget to stream it come Friday. And I suppose the videos are all done relatively on the cheap for this kind of band (and it all fits in with their image) so it’s a win win. 

New album out 22nd April. I know a few people enjoyed the previous single of hers I posted on this thread, I saw her supporting The Twilight Sad on Saturday and the new songs (this one included) sounded great, so looking forward to the album. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Dawg said:

Absolute belter from Liz Frazer, my oh my... That voice. 

Quite proggy on the quiet as well. 

Aye wonderful. The reason I will be getting up for record store day, to get her release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Jeppers has a billboard up teasing something called Western Wind:

9846EC86-383C-4ED0-BDE0-68EFB8032EF8.jpeg

Might be just me but that looks like a promo for a country record no? She’s doing a reverse Kacey Musgraves. 

20 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Might be just me but that looks like a promo for a country record no? She’s doing a reverse Kacey Musgraves. 

Yeah looks that way. Not too sure what I think of that tbh, but I’ll go in with an open mind as she hasn’t disappointed yet.