Jump to content

2022 New Music


Gilgamesh69
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sky Ferreira album that was supposed to come out this month (after originally being slated for every year of the past six years) now delayed to next month. Never getting this fucking thing, are we?

edit: she’s teasing a new single called Don’t Forget on her Instagram. It might actually be happening this time!

Edited by FloorFiller
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well the Chilli’s album is at least listenable, not a classic, but certainly not horrific - but I just can’t see me giving it many more plays. 

On the other hand, new Pillow Queens album is bloody fantastic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Confidence Man album is all bangers. Kind of missing the quirky edge of their last one and falls more in to the standard dance/electropop category than before, but still great nonetheless. Will be seriously gutted if they’re part of a clash at the festival, especially as them at the Park is just a perfect combo, although hoping they pop up more than once. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Couple of early listens for me. New Crows album sounding great as expected. Nice to see them back. Found the Chillis album bloated and boring (with the exception of a couple of tracks) - also expected after their last couple. Could be a grower but I can't see me revisiting it much. New PUP album also out today so will give that a spin later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Confidence Man album is all bangers. Kind of missing the quirky edge of their last one and falls more in to the standard dance/electropop category than before, but still great nonetheless. Will be seriously gutted if they’re part of a clash at the festival, especially as them at the Park is just a perfect combo, although hoping they pop up more than once. 

Completely agree with this.

Got it on now, and while it's good I can't help feel a little disappointed at how much more "generic" it is than its predecessor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, st dan said:

Well the Chilli’s album is at least listenable, not a classic, but certainly not horrific - but I just can’t see me giving it many more plays. 

It's a step down from the last one imo. And the last one wasn't too hot as well.

New Confidence Man is fire though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Completely agree with this.

Got it on now, and while it's good I can't help feel a little disappointed at how much more "generic" it is than its predecessor.

Agreed on a first listen. Singles are out right bangers however and I like the trumpets track too. Nothing of the wit of COOL Party though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/31/2022 at 8:32 AM, FloorFiller said:

Sky Ferreira album that was supposed to come out this month (after originally being slated for every year of the past six years) now delayed to next month. Never getting this fucking thing, are we?

edit: she’s teasing a new single called Don’t Forget on her Instagram. It might actually be happening this time!

I’ll believe it when I see it. She’s been saying this for years. She’s the Kevin shields of the pop world. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In what may be the greatest April Fool’s prank since it began, the new RHCP album doesn’t totally suck. It really could’ve done with being like five songs shorter and we might’ve been talking about it being a bit of a return to form for them (whatever that means to you..) and the extra bloat really does turn in to a bit of a slog, but there’s some good stuff here - more than the pre-release singles would have you believe.

The Heavy Wing is the best thing they’ve done in ages, mostly because Frusciante takes the lead for the chorus and makes you wonder why he hasn’t done it more often (other than the obvious reason of him making Keidis seem completely irrelevant). 

May actually return to this one which is definitely not something I thought I’d be doing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2022 at 8:59 AM, lessthanwill1 said:

Also a new album from Alabaster Deplume (I’ve not heard it yet but he’s usually worth checking out - quite jazzy/spoken word - very artsy!). 

This is fabulous. A lot lighter & enjoyable than jazzy/spoken word sounds. Would be great at the/a festival


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Completely agree with this.

Got it on now, and while it's good I can't help feel a little disappointed at how much more "generic" it is than its predecessor.

Yeah have to agree as well, there’s some bangers but a lot of it sounds like it could come straight off a yearly Ocean Beach compilation

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/30/2022 at 9:45 PM, MrTobs said:

Glad they're back, sounds good. Wonder how they'll do, now that Freaks blew up since their last album.

This is very catchy. Like it a lot.

Not sure if it has been noted but I peeped at their tour dates to see if they have anything in the UK and they've just the one date, June 22 in London. 👀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

This is very catchy. Like it a lot.

Not sure if it has been noted but I peeped at their tour dates to see if they have anything in the UK and they've just the one date, June 22 in London. 👀

Yeah, it's a bit strange that they are coming over just for London, Berlin, Paris and one festival in finland.

Singer/drummer Nick Rattigan has rescheduled Birmingham, Leeds-dates and another London date on june 19, 20, 23 with his solo-project Current Joys though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...