2022 New Music

Gilgamesh69

Just now, gigpusher said:

It was a true compliment. It's playing now and I am liking it. Yes I'm the same we have The Beths the night before. I'm hoping they are still playing Glastonbury as I'm sure they were on the 2020 poster(and obviously that I am there to see them!!)

Ooh I've got them on the 5th! 

Kinda miss the punkier edge of Camp Cope’s last couple of albums and I think it starts to get a bit samey towards the end, but still enjoying their new one quite a bit.

Aldous Harding’s new’un is fantastic. Designer was always gonna be a tough one to follow but I think she’s nailed it with this one. Can’t get enough of her quirky brand of quirky folk pop.

4 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

That new RHCP album is shaping up the be a snoozer.

I miss Josh. 

Haven’t seen the direct quote but saw somebody on Reddit mention that John has said that he decided to take a step back from big riffs and massive solos for this new album, which is the shittest possible outcome for him coming back because that’s exactly what he excels in and what I’m sure everybody was hoping for. 

New singles have all been varying degrees of bland and crap so yeah, not boding well for this new one. 

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Haven’t seen the direct quote but saw somebody on Reddit mention that John has said that he decided to take a step back from big riffs and massive solos for this new album, which is the shittest possible outcome for him coming back because that’s exactly what he excels in and what I’m sure everybody was hoping for. 

New singles have all been varying degrees of bland and crap so yeah, not boding well for this new one. 

I don't care for riffs and solos and even John, I just want good songs. Curious what the 'massive hit single' of this record will be. 

3 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I don't care for riffs and solos and even John, I just want good songs. Curious what the 'massive hit single' of this record will be. 

Pretty sure you’ve already heard it. RHCP are way past the days of having massive hit singles. 

6 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

On my list for the weekend.

Only been able to listen to the new Max Cooper Album. A thing of Beauty it is as well. 

Need to listen to that one, already been recommended to me elsewhere.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

New Angel Olsen coming Tuesday.

Please can we have like a 2 week intermission where everyone agrees to not release new music so I can catch up on everything I have missed in the past couple weeks

The Gaslight Anthem have announced that they’re reforming and have a new album in the works. Never came close to hitting the highs of The ‘59 Sound with the albums that followed but that album still sounds incredible today so good to have them back. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Please can we have like a 2 week intermission where everyone agrees to not release new music so I can catch up on everything I have missed in the past couple weeks

There’s been some interesting new singles recently but weirdly this month has been pretty quiet for me for albums. April and May look hectic though. I suppose we’re at a point now where loads of acts have had time during the last couple of years to write and record new material and with things getting closer to normal now, everyone’s desperate to get back out touring again.

On 3/25/2022 at 7:35 PM, FloorFiller said:

The Gaslight Anthem have announced that they’re reforming and have a new album in the works. Never came close to hitting the highs of The ‘59 Sound with the albums that followed but that album still sounds incredible today so good to have them back. 

Honestly felt like Handwritten was just as good as The '59 Sound. Might be biased as it was the first album that got me into them but find myself going back to HW just as much as 59.

On 3/25/2022 at 7:30 PM, Mattymooz said:

Yep I need that especially as I am now in Glastonbury playlist territory as well now that I've gotten a ticket!!!

9 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Oh assuming their Valentine nights gig that was postponed will be postponed for a while then. 

Just got the details of the postponed gig through today and sure enough it's during our firework avoiding holiday. Might work out well for you @Quarkas I believe you couldn't make the original date. Also must be a lot more popular now as they have been upgraded from Gorilla to the Ritz in Manchester.