2022 New Music

Gilgamesh69

Love that new Fontaines D.C. track, sounds beautifully bleak. Really looking forward to the new album.

Also have had Dawn FM on repeat since yesterday - one of those ones which seems to get better on every listen.

On Friday I'm looking forward to the new album from Cordae, new mixtape from FKA Twigs (with features from Pa Salieu, The Weeknd, Shygirl, Jorja Smith, Unknown T & more), new J.I.D. and 21 Savage track, new album from Earl Sweatshirt and the new album from Joey Bada$$.

2022 off to a flying start

Edited by Col!n
missed Jorja's surname

Appears this may have been played live before - but yesterday was the first I saw and heard of it. Hit me square in the heart this. Would be special if he is at the fest and played it. Some of my favourite memories have been Frightened Rabbit related - that year they posted us all flags for the John Peel set. And 2019 when there was the memorial show and Frank came a played a few songs.

The new Muse is OK. But it really feels like I've heard it before from them.

I was concerned that the lyrics would be some anti-vax, anti-mask thing, and you can totally read them like that, it's not a stretch at all. But equally you could read them as anti any kind of authority, or even as a relationship song... They're Rorschach ink blot lyrics - you can see what you want.

4 hours ago, Riggins said:

Appears this may have been played live before - but yesterday was the first I saw and heard of it. Hit me square in the heart this. Would be special if he is at the fest and played it. Some of my favourite memories have been Frightened Rabbit related - that year they posted us all flags for the John Peel set. And 2019 when there was the memorial show and Frank came a played a few songs.

He played it in a lot of his lockdown sessions & always got very emotional when he introduced it. I think it was my favourite of the new songs in those sessions. Very heartfelt. Can't wait for the new album.

4 hours ago, Riggins said:

To be honest after Frankie T talking about how the next album was gonna be back to a hardcore sound I'm kinda disappointed with the singles so far even if they aren’t bad.

33 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

The new Muse is OK. But it really feels like I've heard it before from them.

I was concerned that the lyrics would be some anti-vax, anti-mask thing, and you can totally read them like that, it's not a stretch at all. But equally you could read them as anti any kind of authority, or even as a relationship song... They're Rorschach ink blot lyrics - you can see what you want.

I think it's just anti authority like 60% of their songs

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The chorus to that Muse song gives me real old Origin/Absolution-era Muse vibes, but the verses leading up to it and everything else fucking sucks. Just feels all over the place.

It sounds to me like they've got their hands some AI that generates new tracks based on their back catalogue. Like a Muse random generator.