2022 New Music

Gilgamesh69

11 hours ago, Enda Krabappel said:

Gang of Youths new album is really good. Really hope they make an appearance this year. Possibly John Peel early afternoon….hopefully!

I think they could get a low/mid Other slot and absolutely nail it. Saw them at All Points East last year and they’re a great live act who can command a big stage, and yeah, the new album is really good. Better than I was expecting tbh, even if it is a little overlong and overstuffed. 

53 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I think they could get a low/mid Other slot and absolutely nail it. Saw them at All Points East last year and they’re a great live act who can command a big stage, and yeah, the new album is really good. Better than I was expecting tbh, even if it is a little overlong and overstuffed. 

I think albums being a bit long is just their thing. Go Father In Lightness was great too but it didn’t quite need to be as long as it is. It does mean there is always a few songs which aren’t as good but they seem like a really ambitious band. I had held off getting tickets for their tour until I heard the album but think I’ll get one for their Barrowland gig next week, it should be a big change from the last time I saw them which was a half-full 300 capacity venue.

On 2/25/2022 at 8:51 AM, lessthanwill1 said:

caroline’s debut album out today.  Potentially my favourite British band. Have been obsessed with them ever since the description of what their band was like was published by Green Man Festival in 2020 - before they had released any songs. Then Dark Blue came out which was an astonishing first single.  All the other singles have been fantastic. 

Like Deathcrash, this is quite artsy, pretentious post-rock but with more of a lighter and orchestral feel to it. Very beautiful. 

Just listened to it through for the first time and it really is exceptional.

On 2/24/2022 at 10:23 PM, Divein said:

One of the best to ever do it. Would love to see that back at Glastonbury. Somewhere post-headliner.

On 2/25/2022 at 9:42 AM, Quark said:

I need to follow these guys a bit more, everything I hear I enjoy but I always forget to look them up properly.

An hour of tunes, vibes, existentialism and embryonic new music from RL just starting now. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC45EfhN-AU

I'm also seeing them at the infamous White Hotel in Salford soon. Joy!

1 hour ago, Simpo said:

An hour of tunes, vibes, existentialism and embryonic new music from RL just starting now. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC45EfhN-AU

I'm also seeing them at the infamous White Hotel in Salford soon. Joy!

I should be at that gig as well. The Manchester gig has been 2 years in the making for me. Was meant to see that at Yes on the weekend we went into lockdown then I got covid the week before the re-arranged one in September. 

2nd time seeing them at the white hotel as well. 

4 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

That's 3 brilliant singles now; Best Life especially is ridiculously good. Shaping up to be another top notch album.

Can't wait to see Roy Molloy reviewing the stool at the Gorilla for a third time.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 8:51 AM, lessthanwill1 said:

caroline’s debut album out today.  Potentially my favourite British band. Have been obsessed with them ever since the description of what their band was like was published by Green Man Festival in 2020 - before they had released any songs. Then Dark Blue came out which was an astonishing first single.  All the other singles have been fantastic. 

Like Deathcrash, this is quite artsy, pretentious post-rock but with more of a lighter and orchestral feel to it. Very beautiful. 

Got around to this today. Doesn't all land with me but good album and will certainly ve back for more plays and see if some grow on me

On 2/28/2022 at 8:39 PM, fred quimby said:

Yin Yins new track is a beauti  . Not sure how to describe them.  Maybe funk prog disco.

Got me a ticket for their gig in Bristol next week

The support band, Hippo, is quality too - enjoy!