2022 New Music

Gilgamesh69

39 minutes ago, EssexIndie said:

New Spector album very good - nice start to 2022!

Not sure why I was expecting it not to be great. The only bad thing they have ever done is not put the EP version of Tenner on Non-Fiction. Great stuff as always.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 4:42 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

So what albums of interest are due to come out this year? Will we finally see the return of Kendrick?

I'm looking forward to Frank Turner in February, Mysterines in March and Wet Leg in April so first few months of the year looking pretty good from my point of view

11 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

image.thumb.png.aed597bd29fdfd4bc03263d1b3011cd5.png

Desperately hoping that this is not some anti-vax / anti-lockdown thing. They've certainly got form, but it would just be so insufferably naff, I can't bear the thought.

I know Matt’s been in to some dumb conspiracy shit in the past, but I highly doubt he’d be dumb enough to write and release a song about being anti-vax/anti-lockdown, even if it was what he believed. Sure fire way to alienate a large portion of their fan base and come off as massive bellends.

I know it hasn’t stopped the likes of Clapton, Morrison and the like, but  guessing Matt + co cherish their current reputation more than those old codgers. 

If anything, I’d expect it to be anti government/Bojo, rather than directly anti-covid stuff. 

On 1/7/2022 at 8:42 AM, EssexIndie said:

New Spector album very good - nice start to 2022!

On 1/7/2022 at 9:22 AM, Slugy said:

Not sure why I was expecting it not to be great. The only bad thing they have ever done is not put the EP version of Tenner on Non-Fiction. Great stuff as always.

Was coming on to flag this up but been beaten to it.  It's all good, Bad Summer the standout for me. No gigs near me on the album tour sadly. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/10/2022 at 9:22 AM, Quark said:

Was coming on to flag this up but been beaten to it.  It's all good, Bad Summer the standout for me. No gigs near me on the album tour sadly. 

I had tickets for the London show but they have just moved them to April now which is a pain but I understand in the current climate. Bummer there are none near you but I'd imagine they will pop up on the fest circuit this summer!

34 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

New album out 22nd April

Probably my most anticipated album for 2022, like this a lot. Be interesting to hear whether there is a change in sound across the new stuff