LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Guys, stay with me on this one but I think I’ve figured it out. 

L = 12 (letter of the alphabet)
O = 15
V = 22
E = 5

Right? There can be no arguing with that. 

Now. Add together the two digits of the first letter and then times it by the second number and do the same for the third and fourth.

So you get:

[1+2]x15  +  [2+2]x5
=  45  +  20
=  65

So far, so good.

Now take that and divide by Taylor’s favourite number, 13. 

65 / 13
=  5

What month are we at right now? 

Count 5 months forward and what month are you in? 

DD737488-C9B1-422C-A1A1-2BB0B1364B7B.gif.5e6b77e25a0fe31c3ddc46f1e390ba6a.gif

The same month it'll take me to finish reading this post

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Guys, stay with me on this one but I think I’ve figured it out. 

L = 12 (letter of the alphabet)
O = 15
V = 22
E = 5

Right? There can be no arguing with that. 

Now. Add together the two digits of the first letter and then times it by the second number and do the same for the third and fourth.

So you get:

([1+2]x15)  +  ([2+2]x5)
=  45  +  20
=  65

So far, so good.

Now take that and divide by Taylor’s favourite number, 13. 

65 / 13
=  5

What month are we in right now? 

Count 5 months forward and now what month are you in? 

DD737488-C9B1-422C-A1A1-2BB0B1364B7B.gif.5e6b77e25a0fe31c3ddc46f1e390ba6a.gif

And I’m the nutter

46 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Fair enough, but let’s be honest, everyone knew 2021 wasn’t happening at this point.

They also posted several times in January 2021 from past festivals, exactly as they have done today.

I mean I didn’t for certain. Glasto was by far the earliest festival to cancel. Things looked bad in Jan but their cancellation came way earlier than others.

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

We're closing in on three weeks since Emily promised there will be news "soon".

Could we get something before the weekend?

you're making the mistake of believing what emily said which will have been her batting off the question.

Two people saying they’ve heard Macca and Kendrick

Opener saying they have a headliner to announce

Ken19 saying there are in advanced talks for a 2nd TW Classic headliner

Glasto HQ hinting at Macca via Instagram

Approaching balance payment deadline…

It’s all coming together.

Edited by Matt42

41 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Two people saying they’ve heard Macca and Kendrick

Opener saying they have a headliner to announce

Ken19 saying there are in advanced talks for a 2nd TW Classic headliner

Glasto HQ hinting at Macca via Instagram

Approaching balance payment deadline…

It’s all coming together.

To add to this, the announcement yesterday that majority of remaining covid restrictions will be lifted by next week may also give them some confidence to go ahead and announce if any uncertainty about it going ahead remained 

Here's one to start things up. Outside of upcoming album that we don't have a date for and a guest appearance at a super bowl line up, what makes Kendrick more likely than Taylor Swift? I still personally think its Kendrick, but have we had any confirmation that Taylor is doing nothing this summer/year in terms of touring? Because at the moment outside of waiting for Kendricks next album, there's nothing separating them from coming back. 

2 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Here's one to start things up. Outside of upcoming album that we don't have a date for and a guest appearance at a super bowl line up, what makes Kendrick more likely than Taylor Swift? I still personally think its Kendrick, but have we had any confirmation that Taylor is doing nothing this summer/year in terms of touring? Because at the moment outside of waiting for Kendricks next album, there's nothing separating them from coming back. 

More to suggest it’s actually Kendrick that’s got the gig. The other day the Opener guy said Taylor isn’t even thinking about shows right now. Taylor would obviously be my preference but there really isn’t anything right now linking her to doing it this year.

Kendrick feels like he’s about to drop an album and there are various festivals trying to get him.

6 minutes ago, misterplow said:

My guess is that Kenny will have a massive tour in 2023, but will do a one off in 2022 at Glasto to promote his album. A bit what AM did in 13/14.

Kendrick has done this before where he drops an album and then does a bunch (literally a handful) of shows to promote it in the week it drops. It’s the hip hop way (Kanye does this too). I think they like to promote their works in a short burst.

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

No idea if this account has any record of getting stuff like this right 🤔 

Was going to say they probably got it from someone on here the other day saying they heard Macca will be announced 'imminently' - but to be fair they are followed by some fairly credible and verified Glasto-related accounts including BBC Glastonbury, Jo Whiley, Arcadia and loads of the area Twitter accounts - so maybe there is something coming

Edited by Col!n

Just now, Col!n said:

Was going to say they probably got it from someone on here the other day saying they heard Macca will be announced 'imminently' - but to be fair they are followed by some fairly credible Glasto-related accounts including Jo Whiley, Arcadia and loads of the area Twitter accounts - so maybe there is something coming

Yeah, but me too and I know fuck all.

My first stop was to come here to check if anything was afoot. It was after the Liam tweet so they weren't suckered in by that one. It'll be interesting to see if anything happens.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

No idea if this account has any record of getting stuff like this right 🤔 

It's quite a vague but obvious statement to make. I mean, in the grand scheme of things, within the next five weeks could be considered imminent, couldn't it? A couple posters on here have started to receive information on one or two areas, plus the seemingly cryptic "Love" image on social media has injected a little more excitement. "Soon" and "imminent" are both quite vague, aren't they? For what it's worth, I think they are set to make an announcement soon or imminently, but it's just kind of obvious really, isn't it? We're just over 150 days from the gates opening. 

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's quite a vague but obvious statement to make. I mean, in the grand scheme of things, within the next five weeks could be considered imminent, couldn't it? A couple posters on here have started to receive information on one or two areas, plus the seemingly cryptic "Love" image on social media has injected a little more excitement. "Soon" and "imminent" are both quite vague, aren't they? For what it's worth, I think they are set to make an announcement soon or imminently, but it's just kind of obvious really, isn't it? We're just over 150 days from the gates opening. 

Soon could be any time in the next few months in Worthy Farm time but "imminent" seems a little more... imminent. Today even.

Probably bollocks but we shall see.

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Soon could be any time in the next few months in Worthy Farm time but "imminent" seems a little more... imminent. Today even.

Probably bollocks but we shall see.

Was just typing the same thing. Of all the “soon”, “shortly”, “eventually” type words, I’d say “imminent” is the most urgent!