Neil I'm happy to help for free if you need any assistance with website

found home in 2009

Just wondered if you wanted any help with the website? I'm still encountering intermittent 500 errors as well as lots of broken images on the site (if peoples avatars are lost, could they not be reset to show the default avatar?)

I've got about 20 years experience as a web developer, mostly using PHP and have worked on some fairly prestigious websites (Hilton, Herald Scotland, Reiss). Currently got plenty of spare time as have just finished a masters and still to find a job using my new skills (looking to move into artificial intelligence/machine learning).

Not looking for anything in return. Have enjoyed using the forum for years so just want to help it keep going. 

Was going to send you a private message rather than making it a thread, but realised admin account is set up so it can't receive messages.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 12

48 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Just wondered if you wanted any help with the website? I'm still encountering intermittent 500 errors as well as lots of broken images on the site (if peoples avatars are lost, could they not be reset to show the default avatar?)

I've got about 20 years experience as a web developer, mostly using PHP and have worked on some fairly prestigious websites (Hilton, Herald Scotland, Reiss). Currently got plenty of spare time as have just finished a masters and still to find a job using my new skills (looking to move into artificial intelligence/machine learning).

Not looking for anything in return. Have enjoyed using the forum for years so just want to help it keep going. 

Was going to send you a private message rather than making it a thread, but realised admin account is set up so it can't receive messages.

Thanks for this im sure many of us will appreciate it .... @eFestivals is it possible to open DMS as ive also something that i need to get in touch with you about ... no desperate hurry for it , just didnt realise they were closed . 

2 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

the missing user imsges are lost, i've reset some to use the default, will look for a better solution o mnewhen soon.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm a .net web developer and would also be happy to help in any way I can, again obviously free of charge.

thank you both, i should get the issues fixed soon. its not really doable to distribute development  work away from my office.

31 minutes ago, Neil said:

the missing user imsges are lost, i've reset some to use the default, will look for a better solution o mnewhen soon.

thank you both, i should get the issues fixed soon. its not really doable to distribute development  work away from my office.

No probs. I can understand if you're wary about giving people access

This place is gett very soppy and cute and all the good things that are expected on here... Fair play to each and every one of you... 

Neil if I could help I would but I can't.... But its positively top of the range that people are there to help... If they can help then take it old son.. 

Personally I couldn't give a fuck about the 500 error things.. Your up and running and hopefully your on the mend.. 

That's goo enough for me 

Peace tranquility and shit.. G

3 hours ago, Neil said:

Some of the old images can be found at this beauty of a thread:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210121045452/https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/233675-when-will-this-shit-end/#comments

10 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

each i mnage would have vto be individually restored - which isnt practical.

i feel a bit mean saying thanks but no thanks to some lovely offers of help, i'm just wondering what it is exactly you're offering to help with. currently the problems are with a commercial forums package (https://invisioncommunity.com/) &/or the server config ('server config is 'plesk'), both of which are locked in place, and not really able to be tweaked.

i hacve support from the hosting centre peeps for any server config issues: it was them who noticed the full disk just now.

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

i feel a bit mean saying thanks but no thanks to some lovely offers of help, i'm just wondering what it is exactly you're offering to help with. currently the problems are with a commercial forums package (https://invisioncommunity.com/) &/or the server config ('server config is 'plesk'), both of which are locked in place, and not really able to be tweaked.

i hacve support from the hosting centre peeps for any server config issues: it was them who noticed the full disk just now.

It would be awesome to get the festival listings and main site back. Isn’t that a coding issue?

1 minute ago, stuie said:

It would be awesome to get the festival listings and main site back. Isn’t that a coding issue?

yeah it is, thanks. but thats not so easy for you to help with remotely i just have to detatch the forums integration from my code, which in theory is quick to do because very little needs recoding it just needs reordering .i'm hoping to have that sorted in the next few weeks.

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

yeah I saw post on the website wishlist and problems .... the site is definately running at its best since restore ... Nice one @Neil

thanks but will improve some more when the reindexing tasks have finished.

23 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Fair enough.  As I say, I'd be available for grunt work if connectivity was possible, but I appreciate it's not that straightforward.

Quite the underestimation of the pandemic on that link though!

Cheers for this, gave me the push to finally update mine from there. 

My estimation was hopefully by the autumn - "please don't let it be a year". Yikes.

30 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

There's 2 options available for viewing as per below... click the one thats not highlighted and you'll be back to normal.

Screenshot_20211230-110907_Chrome.jpg

depending what page you're on, you might be able to select "CONDENSED VIEW" or "ENHANCED VIEW", ENHANCED VIEW HAS THE SNIPPET OF TEXT, CONDENSED VIEW HAS NO TEXT.

1 hour ago, SheffJeff said:

There's 2 options available for viewing as per below... click the one thats not highlighted and you'll be back to normal.

Screenshot_20211230-110907_Chrome.jpg

41 minutes ago, Neil said:

depending what page you're on, you might be able to select "CONDENSED VIEW" or "ENHANCED VIEW", ENHANCED VIEW HAS THE SNIPPET OF TEXT, CONDENSED VIEW HAS NO TEXT.

Thank you both!