Wolf Alice tickets - Avoiding scam

NoBuses

I came away last Friday In London thinking they were amazing, and so was the crowd. They were so brilliant live, and their set list is very strong. They do what they do so well

3 albums of top quality, critically acclaimed music. I wouldn't be surprised to see their next album having one or two more anthem-like songs and probably appealing to a more 'singalong' sort of audience, if that's the route they want to go down. 

Hard to predict but if you pressed me for an answer i'd say they will headline one day. Even ignoring the facts they're British, have ties to the festival and a female fronted rock band... they're bloody class and getting better and better. 

I think the thing that benefits them in the headliner push is there isn't a lot of competition in their field. There's like, Royal Blood, Sam Fender and I guess the 1975 then... not a lot else in terms of first timers. I guess the counter to that is the festival is rightly moving with the times and diversifying the style of headliner its booking. 

8 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

I think the thing that benefits them in the headliner push is there isn't a lot of competition in their field. There's like, Royal Blood, Sam Fender and I guess the 1975 then... not a lot else in terms of first timers. I guess the counter to that is the festival is rightly moving with the times and diversifying the style of headliner its booking. 

But within the next few years you’ll get a bunch more new names to add to that list and it’ll stop Wolf Alice ever getting the call.

Realistically Royal Blood also have no chance now. I bet the other two don’t do it either (unless ‘75 return with some bangers).

Feel like the new headliners in the next 5 festivals or so will definitely be skewing more towards pop than indie/rock.

3 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

But within the next few years you’ll get a bunch more new names to add to that list and it’ll stop Wolf Alice ever getting the call.

Realistically Royal Blood also have no chance now. I bet the other two don’t do it either (unless ‘75 return with some bangers).

Feel like the new headliners in the next 5 festivals or so will definitely be skewing more towards pop than indie/rock.

Aye, unfortunately people like Harry Styles, Dua and Sam Smith are all ahead of Wolf Alice et al. 

Think Other headliner is the best they can hope for (which is still a huge achievement). 

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Having no new rock headliners because they already promoted 50 rock headliners before now, back when they weren't promoting pop or rap headliners, would be fucking garbage.

It would be shit, but also easily justifiable by the Eavii. 

3 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

Sam Fender and Wolf Alice will headline one day assuming their next albums have the same level of quality

Fender I can see, but as much as I love WA I can't see them getting higher than Other sub, just don't think they have big enough tunes to get to that level. Hope I'm wrong.

20 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Idk I don’t think there’s loads. People were touting (rightly or wrongly) Wolf Alice for it down the line when they were playing like 2k cap venues, there’s not really anyone even at that level. Perhaps Fontaines DC. Things have just moved on. 

But yeah the last paragraph is what I was getting at. 

Just now, nikkic said:

It would be shit, but also easily justifiable by the Eavii. 

I don't agree. It's a huge shame for young rock artists if they are getting to the right level to be blocked from headlining because the festival needs some act who has headlined two times before as a comforter for peeps upset by Ariana Grande being one of the headliners.

Besides, it's not like the people going to see Coldplay headline for the umpteenth time aren't the ones baying for Sam Fender or Royal Blood to get headline slots. They're massively mainstream rock acts. They're not the risk.

Tbf they probably eventually will and it's just us overthinking the hell out of it as always.

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Different acts, audiences and appeals.

Same principal, and I’d argue not hugely different in appeal. Rag n Bone Man went similarly huge for a spell then tailed off. Not saying Fender won’t maintain these levels, but it’s not a given.

Capaldi sold two nights at the O2 in seconds before the pandemic started, be interesting to see if he can maintain that level of popularity after an enforced couple of years off.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Same principal, and I’d argue not hugely different in appeal. Rag n Bone Man went similarly huge for a spell then tailed off. Not saying Fender won’t maintain these levels, but it’s not a given.

Capaldi sold two nights at the O2 in seconds before the pandemic started, be interesting to see if he can maintain that level of popularity after an enforced couple of years off.

I think Sam Fender has a much broader appeal though. Whereas the likes of Capaldi, James Bay etc all had varying degrees of short-term chart success, Sam Fender seems to be big with people into guitar bands, he’s had a big song on TikTok (I feel like Matt saying that) and he’s also got their Springsteen loving dads. He had a decent following behind him anyway from his debut album before his surge in popularity over the last year or so, which seems more sustainable than the others who have generally got big off an early single/album and then failed to maintain that.

16 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think Sam Fender has a much broader appeal though. Whereas the likes of Capaldi, James Bay etc all had varying degrees of short-term chart success, Sam Fender seems to be big with people into guitar bands, he’s had a big song on TikTok (I feel like Matt saying that) and he’s also got their Springsteen loving dads. He had a decent following behind him anyway from his debut album before his surge in popularity over the last year or so, which seems more sustainable than the others who have generally got big off an early single/album and then failed to maintain that.

Right now you’d think he’s a lock for a headline slot at Reading next year, probably the smaller stage though. That’s 2023, then depending on how the third album does maybe 24 or 25…

In my opinion the real jump from big to Glastonbury headliner comes between album 2 and 3 (yeah I know acts have done it on fewer). George Ezra looked for all the world a future headliner at Fender’s current stage, now we are waiting to see whether his third album propels him to that level or if he drops back in to the sub/smaller festivals pool.

Edited by Hugh Jass II

Be interesting with Sam Fender. Honestly, I enjoy some of his tunes but the ones that aren't pretty much direct Springsteen rip offs are quite naff for the most part. If he can make an album that elevates him from that he could be onto something quite special. 

I think a lot of it comes down to what part the festival sees itself as playing to boost up and coming and deserving UK bands who are perhaps on the cusp. Though saying that I feel like people forget Wolf Alice did headline Latitude last year, so they've ticked that one off. I just have a hunch they'll get there one day, they're too good not too.

1 hour ago, Riggins said:

Be interesting with Sam Fender. Honestly, I enjoy some of his tunes but the ones that aren't pretty much direct Springsteen rip offs are quite naff for the most part. If he can make an album that elevates him from that he could be onto something quite special. 

I think a lot of it comes down to what part the festival sees itself as playing to boost up and coming and deserving UK bands who are perhaps on the cusp. Though saying that I feel like people forget Wolf Alice did headline Latitude last year, so they've ticked that one off. I just have a hunch they'll get there one day, they're too good not too.

We had a big discussion about this last weekend but the festival hasn't given a "band" a boost to headliner status for a very long time. The Foos were the last first time indie/rock headliner and they hardly needed the boost, before that it was Kasabian who were already massive and the view was it probably their turn to do it and then Arcade Fire, who whilst not a household name, had already headlined Reading/Leeds and were playing Hyde Park that year.

Mumford and Sons were arguably the last band to get a boost up to headline status, and that was 9 years ago. 

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

We had a big discussion about this last weekend but the festival hasn't given a "band" a boost to headliner status for a very long time. The Foos were the last first time indie/rock headliner and they hardly needed the boost, before that it was Kasabian who were already massive and the view was it probably their turn to do it and then Arcade Fire, who whilst not a household name, had already headlined Reading/Leeds and were playing Hyde Park that year.

Mumford and Sons were arguably the last band to get a boost up to headline status, and that was 9 years ago. 

True and don't think it's happening on this album cycle, but they clearly seem to be highly regarded by the festival - playing numerous events for them. I just got a feeling.

5 hours ago, Riggins said:

True and don't think it's happening on this album cycle, but they clearly seem to be highly regarded by the festival - playing numerous events for them. I just got a feeling.

I didn’t see a future headliner on Friday night, but I think their sub slot at Reading in August will give a better indication of their potential.

Edited by Hugh Jass II

16 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

just imagining this with a full pyramid stage field , she has definitely grown as a lead singer .

Been watching the videos from London and it’s made me so excited for Newcastle on Monday 

You’re in for a real treat, I’ve seen them so many times since 2013 and last week was one of the best.

What stuck out most for me from the Apollo was the different age groups and people there. And also how many people were belting the lyrics back to them. Would love to see them given the chance on the pyramid, reckon they could smash it - do need a bit more interaction with the crowd though I would say

1 hour ago, mike46 said:

You’re in for a real treat, I’ve seen them so many times since 2013 and last week was one of the best.

What stuck out most for me from the Apollo was the different age groups and people there. And also how many people were belting the lyrics back to them. Would love to see them given the chance on the pyramid, reckon they could smash it - do need a bit more interaction with the crowd though I would say

I noticed the mixed age range too, was really cool.