Wolf Alice tickets - Avoiding scam

NoBuses

Was (I think, I'm losing count!) my sixth time seeing Wolf Alice and as always, they put on a sensational show. Don't think it quite topped Brixton '18 for me, but the new songs did sound great live. Bit sad they don't play The Beach, mind.

My only minor complaint was that I don't think Don't Delete The Kisses is a great final song choice. Get it in the setlist of course, but I much prefer when they end on it a high ala Giant Peach.

33 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Made me realise though that what I wasn’t seeing was a future Glastonbury headliner. I don’t see them going much bigger than they are now.

Begrudgingly, I have to agree with this. When the chatter happened last week I thought they could do a good job as a wildcard leg up for El Pointy, but there's just something missing. I don't think they could have a packed out Pyramid Field in the palm of their hand.

Edited by Hutchmaster

11 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Really enjoyed their set tonight, delivered everything I love from this band.

Made me realise though that what I wasn’t seeing was a future Glastonbury headliner. I don’t see them going much bigger than they are now.

Im a big fan but I don't think they have enough tracks - most people I know wouldn't even recognise the songs never mind be interested. 

I think Sam Fender is miles ahead now - he's selling out much bigger venues and seems generally much more well known. 

That said I'm looking forward to Tuesday night! Shame we don't have Lucia supporting - she was the first act we saw after the pandemic at Latitude. 

37 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

They’re definitely never headlining Glastonbury. It’s less likely than when this place was taken over with chatter about whether Foals could do it. They’re just not the type of band who’ll get there.

I love Wolf Alice, a lot and their last album was fantastic. 

I would never say never, but the chances of a band like them rising up and headlining is slim now, I would love to see it but I just don't think it'll happen. I put them in the same vein as Biffy Clyro, The XX and Foals. I think Foals had the closest chance of doing it. 

56 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I love Wolf Alice, a lot and their last album was fantastic. 

I would never say never, but the chances of a band like them rising up and headlining is slim now, I would love to see it but I just don't think it'll happen. I put them in the same vein as Biffy Clyro, The XX and Foals. I think Foals had the closest chance of doing it. 

I really thought Biffy were gonna do it one specific year, either 2015 or 2016. Once that didn’t happen and they released Elipsis it felt like the chance had gone.

Though I didn’t think they’d accept a sub slot like they did in 2017. That was a surprise when the poster dropped (along with The National and Katy Perry on the same line).

And yeah I like Wolf Alice too. If they manage to get a Pyramid sub/Other headline slot this year then that’s very good going for em.

8 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

I really thought Biffy were gonna do it one specific year, either 2015 or 2016. Once that didn’t happen and they released Elipsis it felt like the chance had gone.

Though I didn’t think they’d accept a sub slot like they did in 2017. That was a surprise when the poster dropped (along with The National and Katy Perry on the same line).

And yeah I like Wolf Alice too. If they manage to get a Pyramid sub/Other headline slot this year then that’s very good going for em.

I love Biffy and its a shame the past 2 albums they've put out have been some of the best in 10 years because some of the songs on the albums would rock the Pyramid.

Wolf Alice I imagine are sub headlining The Other and will probably 3rd from top/sub headline the Pyramid of the back of their next album and that'll be their peak unless they do something staggering.

7 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

They’re definitely never headlining Glastonbury. It’s less likely than when this place was taken over with chatter about whether Foals could do it. They’re just not the type of band who’ll get there.

A lot of people here conflate a good band with eventually headlining one day.

There are lots of good bands who will never headline. 

4 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Still got a feeling they’ll headline Other against Macca tbh. 

Honestly it would suck to have to miss them, but I'd rather watch Dua over them and see Macca as well.

If Dua isn't on the line up this year I would put money on her headlining next year with a summer June album.

4 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Honestly it would suck to have to miss them, but I'd rather watch Dua over them and see Macca as well.

If Dua isn't on the line up this year I would put money on her headlining next year with a summer June album.

Really think they’d get a tiny other crowd against McCartney. Can’t think of many people who would sack off McCartney to see Wolf alive who play everywhere.

It will be Dua, or someone like Dua, who can actually pull numbers away from McCartney.

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Really think they’d get a tiny other crowd against McCartney. Can’t think of many people who would sack off McCartney to see Wolf alive who play everywhere.

It will be Dua, or someone like Dua, who can actually pull numbers away from McCartney.

Oh I don't doubt it will be Dua or a pop act/dance act (chemical brothers ) to pull a crowd away, I'm just being selfish. 

On 2/18/2022 at 11:44 PM, Hugh Jass said:

It's always difficult to guess these things on the way tbf. It is certainly trickier for new rock bands to get to that kinda spot now.

I can see them being Reading & Leeds headliners at some stage, but that's a different kinda requirement.

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

Still irritated about the weather on Friday meaning no gig for me despite it going on. Though in truth if I'd got to London only for no show I'd be annoyed. It was kinda no win tbh.

Seeing as a few in this thread went to the Friday show, how busy was it?

We were on the floor and didn’t notice any difference to a normal gig there, maybe a tad more room at the back but that could be just because the front was pretty rammed and wild.

Saw this pic on Twitter which gives a good idea of how busy it was

image.thumb.png.8980212b8a40d54729641b2152506bf7.png

3 hours ago, mike46 said:

We were on the floor and didn’t notice any difference to a normal gig there, maybe a tad more room at the back but that could be just because the front was pretty rammed and wild.

Saw this pic on Twitter which gives a good idea of how busy it was

image.thumb.png.8980212b8a40d54729641b2152506bf7.png

I see a slight gap down the photo left but nothing substantial. Certainly I've seen photos of emptier shows that were sold out.