Wolf Alice tickets - Avoiding scam

NoBuses

Wonder if the rescheduled gigs will be some outdoor summer ones? E.g. move Manchester to Castlefield Bowl and the like. No idea where Liverpool would go but you get the idea.

With summer festivals they'll be mad to try an indoor tour around them in case it forces them to cancel those appearances. Maybe there'll be a window in September before the winter weather kicks in to do indoor ones?

Edited by efcfanwirral

19 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Last gig I went to was Supergrass at Ally Pally, that was early March 2020. Had tickets for various things in 20 and 21 that were cancelled, postponed or I found myself unable to go.

The Wolf Alice cancellation means my next gig is Royal Blood at the O2 in late March, which will be over TWO YEARS since my last one.

Christ.

I got bought tickets for my 32nd birthday back in October 2019 to see Nick Cave at the O2 in July 2020.
That gig got postponed by a year to July 2021, from memory.
Then it got cancelled.
Using the ticket money I replaced the tickets with tickets to see Caribou in Bristol.
This gig got postponed to January 2022.
Now I expect it to get postponed or cancelled again. I could feasibly be looking at attending sometime around my 35th birthday. 
3 YEARS down the line!

We've also had Idles, Michael Kiwanuka, Rag 'n' Bone Man and a few others I can't even remember get cancelled or postponed on us in that time. 

The only live music I've seen in 2 years has been at Beautiful Days or at weddings. 

4 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Wonder if the rescheduled gigs will be some outdoor summer ones? E.g. move Manchester to Castlefield Bowl and the like. No idea where Liverpool would go but you get the idea.

With summer festivals they'll be mad to try an indoor tour around them in case it forces them to cancel those appearances. Maybe there'll be a window in September before the winter weather kicks in to do indoor ones?

Some bands may do that of their own back, but i think the Govt has given a fairly clear expectation that restrictions are on the backburner going forward

3 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I got bought tickets for my 32nd birthday back in October 2019 to see Nick Cave at the O2 in July 2020.
That gig got postponed by a year to July 2021, from memory.
Then it got cancelled.
Using the ticket money I replaced the tickets with tickets to see Caribou in Bristol.
This gig got postponed to January 2022.
Now I expect it to get postponed or cancelled again. I could feasibly be looking at attending sometime around my 35th birthday. 
3 YEARS down the line!

We've also had Idles, Michael Kiwanuka, Rag 'n' Bone Man and a few others I can't even remember get cancelled or postponed on us in that time. 

The only live music I've seen in 2 years has been at Beautiful Days or at weddings. 

Well at least I'll see Elton John this yea..... oh wait.

21 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Last gig I went to was Supergrass at Ally Pally, that was early March 2020. Had tickets for various things in 20 and 21 that were cancelled, postponed or I found myself unable to go.

The Wolf Alice cancellation means my next gig is Royal Blood at the O2 in late March, which will be over TWO YEARS since my last one.

Christ.

Weren’t you due to see Genesis? They were my first gig back, although I guess the O2 dates were postponed.

31 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Weren’t you due to see Genesis? They were my first gig back, although I guess the O2 dates were postponed.

Yeah it got Covided off…

Genesis - Cancelled

The National - Cancelled

Elton - Postponed again

Suede - week before my Dad’s funeral so decided not to risk it

Libertines - Couldn’t go

And they are just the ones that spring immediately to mind…

Tour postponed ....

Band statement:

"We are absolutely gutted to announce that we have decided to postpone our upcoming tour this January.
As the Covid pandemic seems to be getting worse and with the overwhelming number of daily cases it feels like a particularly volatile time to go ahead with such a large tour. People’s safety and access to our concerts is of the utmost importance to us and we feel that is something we can’t ensure at these large indoor shows. We are already working to get rescheduled dates confirmed ASAP and will be making an announcement in the following weeks, all tickets will remain valid for rescheduled shows. We are sorry to do this but we feel like this is the responsible decision for the current climate of the pandemic."

2 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Tour postponed ....

Band statement:

"We are absolutely gutted to announce that we have decided to postpone our upcoming tour this January.
As the Covid pandemic seems to be getting worse and with the overwhelming number of daily cases it feels like a particularly volatile time to go ahead with such a large tour. People’s safety and access to our concerts is of the utmost importance to us and we feel that is something we can’t ensure at these large indoor shows. We are already working to get rescheduled dates confirmed ASAP and will be making an announcement in the following weeks, all tickets will remain valid for rescheduled shows. We are sorry to do this but we feel like this is the responsible decision for the current climate of the pandemic."

Who - Idles?

2 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Am I missing something here? It says new dates and tickets available but the poster has every date marked as sold out? 

It'll most likely be a handful of cancellations.

Just looked at Sheffield, it had literally one ticket left on seetickets, which suits me.

5 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Am I missing something here? It says new dates and tickets available but the poster has every date marked as sold out? 

1 minute ago, incident said:

It'll most likely be a handful of cancellations.

Just looked at Sheffield, it had literally one ticket left on seetickets, which suits me.

Yeah I just got a couple on ticketmaster for the first night in Glasgow so it's presumably just a few returns that are left. Looking forward to it, the only time I've seen Wolf Alice was the secret William's Green set in 2015. I saw Angel Olsen at the Barrowlands on valentines day in 2020 and that ended up being my last gig for 18 months, let's hope things go a bit better this time!

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

That's brilliant - not going to complain at all about getting a gig in the next few weeks. Shame my Liverpool one moved from Saturday to Tuesday but I'll take anything at the moment. 

Yeah, the day move isn't great! @jyoung - I think there will still be a ticket available!