Wolf Alice tickets - Avoiding scam

NoBuses

Gone from having 4 gigs this month to none in the space of about 2 weeks.

I’ve got to say it’s probably time we stop with testing so we can crack on with life. This virus will be with us for a long time to come therefore I don’t think it’s viable to keep testing and isolating over something that is mild to most people when we’ve got vaccinations and boosters. Invest money in the NHS to deal with the issue and live life.

Last gig I went to was Supergrass at Ally Pally, that was early March 2020. Had tickets for various things in 20 and 21 that were cancelled, postponed or I found myself unable to go.

The Wolf Alice cancellation means my next gig is Royal Blood at the O2 in late March, which will be over TWO YEARS since my last one.

Christ.

59 minutes ago, foolee said:

Gone from having 4 gigs this month to none in the space of about 2 weeks.

I’ve got to say it’s probably time we stop with testing so we can crack on with life. This virus will be with us for a long time to come therefore I don’t think it’s viable to keep testing and isolating over something that is mild to most people when we’ve got vaccinations and boosters. Invest money in the NHS to deal with the issue and live life.

On the other hand, let’s keep testing, identify who is carrying this life-threatening virus, so we can protect the vulnerable in society, and thus save thousands of lives. 

This wave will pass and gigs will be back on soon enough.

2 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

On the other hand, let’s keep testing, identify who is carrying this life-threatening virus, so we can protect the vulnerable in society, and thus save thousands of lives. 

Yet we don’t test for the flu every 5 mins just incase we pass it on!  

It will never ever pass if we continue to test, you’ll always find something if you look for it.  May as well test for every disease known to man just in case….

And yes I know this will go down badly but I’m fed up with life stopping over and over.  If we can’t open up now with 3 jabs each when do we?! 4, 5, 6 or 7? Pick a number

13 minutes ago, sisco said:

It will never ever pass if we continue to test, you’ll always find something if you look for it.  May as well test for every disease known to man just in case….

And yes I know this will go down badly but I’m fed up with life stopping over and over.  If we can’t open up now with 3 jabs each when do we?! 4, 5, 6 or 7? Pick a number

We are testing whilst the wave significantly impacts the nhs and the vulnerable … the waves should impact less as time goes on as is proving to be the case so far … we aren’t at the stage yet … where things completely return to normal or the nhs would be entirely fucked … what else do you want us to stop testing for ? If it causes society or individuals an issue it should be tested for … we test for many things … 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

We are testing whilst the wave significantly impacts the nhs and the vulnerable … the waves should impact less as time goes on as is proving to be the case so far … we aren’t at the stage yet … where things completely return to normal or the nhs would be entirely fucked … what else do you want us to stop testing for ? If it causes society or individuals an issue it should be tested for … we test for many things … 

We don’t test daily for every other thing, so nothing at all….

I also think what should happen is NHS staff be staffed correctly, be paid what they deserve, have their well-being looked after.  They’ve always been criminally understaffed and underpaid.  One of my friends and mum work there so I get what’s going on!

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

We don’t test daily for every other thing, so nothing at all….

I also think what should happen is NHS staff be staffed correctly, be paid what they deserve, have their well-being looked after.  They’ve always been criminally understaffed and underpaid.  One of my friends and mum work there so I get what’s going on!

No disagreement with the bottom part although unfortunately that’s gonna take a minimum of 5 years to happen if they started now .. turn off the testing means that the vulnerable such as myself become surrounded by people who have no idea they are transmitting it and the risk increases massively . It doesn’t hide itself if we stop testing it just becomes less of an economic issue 

36 minutes ago, sisco said:

How many people need to die for you to be able to go to a gig. Just give me a number that you’re comfortable with, because that’s exactly what you’re advocating here.

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

How many people need to die for you to be able to go to a gig. Just give me a number that you’re comfortable with, because that’s exactly what you’re advocating here.

Yep that’s exactly what I’m saying clearly….  
Best stop everything just in case I suppose, I apologise.

And as has been mentioned above, yep it’s not a Covid thread so I’ll be quiet now. 

2 hours ago, maelzoid said:

I get where you’re coming from but I have a different view as this life threatening virus is going to stay and it will kill people. We accept a certain amount of flu deaths each year therefore we have to get to a stage where we have an acceptable amount of Covid deaths. If our healthcare service cannot handle the pressure every year a new variant arises when a big percentage of the population have been triple jabbed then we need to invest in it and move forward, the jab is for protection and then people need to make their own decisions on risk. 

Anyway, I just came on as I was annoyed with the cancellation and thought this was an appropriate thread. I didn’t want this to become a Covid discussion so let’s all just hope that those Wolf Alice gigs go ahead eventually and we aren’t all waiting for too long. 

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

@zahidf will be along shortly to accuse them of bed wetting.

image.png

Well....

I imagine Wales and Scotland deciding to wet the bed made it easier for this.

Hopefully idles are made of sterner stuff and crack on for their fans. Boris isn't putting restrictions in and most their fans are young and jabbed. Just get on with it FFS

I don't think it's a case of being made of sterner stuff or anything like that. We're experiencing record levels of the virus at the moment and the chance of infection is pretty high. Given the lifestyle of a touring band, I think it would be quite probably some or many in the band and their crew could become infected, and would then be in the position of either cancelling shows, or going out on stage knowing full well they are infectious (and that's if they're well enough to perform), which would not only be illegal, but also present a danger to their fans. I expect also that insurance costs for touring with such high chances of cancellation are quite prohibitive too.

So as much as you'd like them to "just get on with it", I'm glad that the artists are taking a more sensible approach.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, zahidf said:

Well....

I imagine Wales and Scotland deciding to wet the bed made it easier for this.

Hopefully idles are made of sterner stuff and crack on for their fans. Boris isn't putting restrictions in and most their fans are young and jabbed. Just get on with it FFS

Can we please keep COVID out of these threads?  There have been a few claims/assertions made on here that are making me desperate to challenge and I don’t want the board clogged up with that.

Please no COVID claims on this thread, anyone who’s been on here the last two years knows how toxic that can be and I come on here for information/entertainment.  Not to get dragged into that shit!

Edited by tarw
Typos
  • Upvote 5